How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2004, 01:59 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Nikfu i cant find street racing syndicate anywhere here. They never have it for PS2 only for x-box . Tell me how you like it.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 09-19-2004, 05:34 PM
BoondockSVX

I don't mean to bag on Gran Turismo, but you guys should really check out a game called "Pro Race Driver". It's pretty incredible. I used to defend GT3 to any other racing game, but after geting Pro Race Driver, I must say that it's been dethroned. The handling in this game is... just SO SO SO incredible, it feels much MUCH more realistic than Gran Turismo ever has. Add in the character driven story line (an beginner race car driver working his way through the different classes, starting out with FWD alfas and AWD WRXs, moving up to better/faster vehicles, eventually doing GT racing), REALISTIC DAMAGE (it's all there, lose a wheel, break the exhaust hangers so your muffler is dragging on the ground, wreck your alignment, rip off every single exterior panel, bend the FRAME of your vehicle, it's nuts!), driver AI (take one of them out and don't be surprised if they try to get even)..... it's really just light years ahead of Gran Turismo in terms of gameplay. The only thing Gran Turismo has over it is graphics.... Pro Race Driver graphics aren't BAD, they just aren't as pretty as GT3.

Anyway, this game is $9.99 at Best Buy, for some odd reason. It took me over 1 year to find it, but hey, it was worth waiting for.

- Jim
Old 09-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
Nikfu i cant find street racing syndicate anywhere here. They never have it for PS2 only for x-box . Tell me how you like it.
It looks EXACTLY like NFSU even down to the reflective roads, but it's just a tad smoother.
It boasts over 40 cars, but it also has like 6 renditions of the 350Z, so yeah. I figure I'm going to pretty much stick with my 2.5 RS until I can afford a 2002 STi (theres no new models), finish the game, and hang it up when it's done.

Story wise, it's like midnight club, and you can drive around the city, which is cool.
Control is not too shabby.
Upgrading is ok.
I've only played it for an hour since last night.
Haven't really done anything.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
I don't have a console so I am pretty much limited to PC games. NFSU is ok but I really hate that it doesn't have a free drive where you can tool around the city as you please. I have been looking for "Midnight Club 2" since that looks pretty cool but have not located a copy yet. I am not all that interested in real racing sims with career modes and all that. I don't have the time or patience to commit to it. I like driving games with a lot of customizations and variety that I can jump into and get a quick rush and some frustration relief. If anyone can recommend a good driving game for the PC you think I might like, I am all ears.

I used to LOVE the original "Driver" with all the damage effects and police chases. Tearing around San Francisco and catching massive air was such a blast. I also loved the old Midtown Madness series just for the cruise modes and smashing through anything that moves. What a great frustration reliever!

For some fun driving and lots of laughs, get a copy of Simpson's Hit & Run. Like GTA3 in Springfield. Great gameplay (with a dual analog controller), nice graphics, and lots of funny crap!

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:32 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

One thing that would make gran turismo an even better game is if it had real damage and you had to spend money on a new bumper or something and if you didnt have money you would have to drive it looking busted . Would make most civic drivers around here feel right at home

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 09-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Certified Porschephile

Anyone know how GT4 is being set up with the classes? I liked GT2 better with it being set at HP, a better way would be power to weight. I don't like all the specific model races. It'd be nice to be able to use a car more then once or twice. That is GT3 bigest fault in my opinion. I saved up and got the Blitzen, but you are very limited in which races you can enter with it.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:50 AM
Certified Porschephile

As for NFSU I really liked it, I just never finished it. I'm at race 103 I think. Don't get R: Racing Evolution. Worst $24 I ever spent. The cars look great, but the handeling is horrible. It's like driving on ice.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:26 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Is it the GT4 Prologue? Because I'm pretty sure GT4 is being released in the US first.
Honestly, I'm not sure... It is just a file that is on my hard drive... I know that it is about 2.56gb (roughly)... I didn't know that GT4 was suppose to come out in the US first... That is pretty cool I have heard that the release date has been pushed back like 3 times though

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-20-2004, 12:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX
I don't mean to bag on Gran Turismo, but you guys should really check out a game called "Pro Race Driver". It's pretty incredible.
I have Pro Race Driver and its sequel, TOCA. Both are very good games. In my opinion (and what do I know about games?) the physics in either are not as detailed as they are in GT, though. In GT, I feel very 'connectedd' to the car and have a very good sense of what each tire is doing. Some people think the the physics of a racing game is the only component at work here, but the track modeling, the audio, the visual cues are all very important and I don't think any game does it as well as GT.

Granted, the biggest risk to GT4's development schedule had to be the sheer number of cars, but TOCA still can't compete with the budget GT4 had. So I really enjoy Toca for what it is. I only paid $30 when it was new, and I've more than gotten my entertainment dollars' worth out of the game.

Now, Forza might be another story...I'm definitely looking forward to that one, and it might actually compete on the same level.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Certified Porschephile

TOCA was awesome. But what other games are out there for PS2? It seems like you are talking more about computer then consol. Has anyone tried the new Need For Speed game? It looks like a Twisted Metal type game. I just saw it at Best Buy. Had a red cover I think. Is PRD on PS2 any good?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:17 PM

Registered SVX
I have Pro Race Driver for the PS2 and Toca for XBox.

I don't play many games on PC any more - devloping for the PS2 and XBox has thoroughly converted me to consoles.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 09-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Don't get R: Racing Evolution. Worst $24 I ever spent. The cars look great, but the handeling is horrible. It's like driving on ice.
I'm playing this game right now and I don't mind it. I like that they mix almost all racing styles from drag racing to rally. I didn't spend $24 on it.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Giong back to the beaters...

r racer e sucks pr d sucks GT Awsome
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver
Old 09-21-2004, 06:24 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by thundering02
r racer e sucks pr d sucks GT Awsome
OMGWTFLOLBBQ!1!!1

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 09-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

OMGWTFLOLBBQ!1!!1

wts teh wtfbbq has even inflirtated here now. =/

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.