Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Certified Porschephile

Boon, I'm not trying to start with you, or make this personal, but I take great offense to the whole idea. This was a moment of national tragedy that changed the lives of not only those on board the planes, but also of the families of all of the hundreds of thousand reservist and guardsman that were activated to fight the war on terror. I believe there is many possible explainations, some were discussed here. The point that the plane is gone, is pretty compelling evidence. Where did we hid a complete 757 with people on board? Did we kill them to keep them quiet? Sounds a little more fishy then the alleged conspiracy in the first place.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:39 PM

"The Devil can cite Scripture for his purpose."

(Who wrote that, Shakespeare?)

Anybody can put any sort of spin on just about anything.

dcb
Old 09-09-2004, 04:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sidewinder Send a message via MSN to Sidewinder
Similar website: http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero...erreurs_en.htm

(No lengthy download - 56k friendly)

No doubt, an interesting subject.

"The SVX — Where, they wondered, do you put the kayak?"
Old 09-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Interesting, yes... but I agree with others here that the plane was pretty much destroyed by the fire. I am a pilot also (although in Cessna's, not in big planes) and I will point out what others already have; planes are optimized for weight. The aluminum of which they're constructed is VERY thin... and everything in a plane has to be absolutely the lightest possible while maintaining a shape! Think about it... more weight equals greater fuel burn which makes the planes more expensive to operate. You really think big corporations are going to use a plane that costs MORE???

Also, on the subject of cellphone reception... the one comment I will make in support of weird things going on 9/11 is that I don't get ANY cellphone reception once I exceed 2500 feet AGL (above ground level for the layman). That means that it IS a little odd that people could use cellphones from any higher... the cell towers are designed to work BELOW their altitude... not above.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:51 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Interesting. This film is very slick and professional- obviously well funded. They were good enough to even offer that bit of "speculative "footage showing what would have happened to cars on the freeway if a plane flew that low. That looked like pretty convincing footage to me too (even though it never happened).

Is it possible this film was "adjusted"?

Can't things like grass, wings, or plane parts be photoshopped in or out of an image?

Why do they offer information like the Sheraton employees watched their security video several times before it was confiscated, without interviewing them and sharing what they saw?

Anybody notice that the Pentagon sits on a hill? We can't see the ground at the point of impact. We can't really even see the 1st floor in most of the pictures (count 'em- the Pentagon is five stories high, not four). Notice the uphill angle of the fire engines.

Why was this film offered in this particular web format, which cannot be paused, rewound, slowed, or edited very well? Did the presentors want it to be difficult to analyze?

Looks like we've been duped. I'm just not sure whether it was by government officials or by a very slick filmmaker.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 09-09-2004, 09:02 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Airplane crashes mess up the ground when they hit the ground. This one hit a building. It was 100% operational until impact with the wall, the wall of one of the strongest buildings ever built. Why in the world would we expect to see the lawn littered with airplane parts?

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 09-09-2004, 09:25 PM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
Boon, I'm not trying to start with you, or make this personal, but I take great offense to the whole idea.
Me too, which is why I posted it. For the past 2 days, I've been researching this on the net.... finding both sides to the story.... and honestly, I don't think it was a 757 that hit the pentagon. I'm just an average joe, but a team of aeronautical engineers, physicists, and mathmaticians agree with me. They scientifically analyzed everything at the pentagon and drew the same conclusion.

Here's the link, which I suggest you ALL read.... I don't know what happened, but when all these slightly fishy circumstances are together, it makes it smell like cover-up.

http://physics911.org/net/modules/ne....php?storyid=3

http://physics911.org/net/modules/ne...php?storyid=13

And about this site: YES, it has some conspiracy ideas that seem far-fetched and pretty dumb.... however, the science, questions, and reasoning they've applied to the pentagon crash are STILL VALID. I'm still researching this subject, hopefully we can all do so to uncover the truth, whatever it is.

- Jim
Old 09-09-2004, 09:26 PM
BoondockSVX

Quote:
Originally posted by svxhunter
Interesting. This film is very slick and professional- obviously well funded.
Not really. It's a flash animation. You can put together something like this with a bit of time, it's not very difficult. This was presented on the web to be eye-catching and attention getting. It IS. It presents most of the 'strange' things about the pentagon crash in a neat little package.... but it is designed to get you to question what actually happened, and visit places like

www.physics911.com

- Jim
Old 09-09-2004, 09:36 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Hmmmm..... very interesting.... I've heard somethings too about that... Although they were from other (Hush Hush) sources......

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-09-2004, 10:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX

Me too, which is why I posted it. For the past 2 days, I've been researching this on the net....
Based on my experience of the internet, I'm going to guess that you're not going to get both sides by 'researching' this on it. I can only recommend that you look critically at every claim.

In my opinion, the people claiming that no airplane hit the Pentagon have the burden of proof. They're making a totally arbitrary assertion.

Two planes crashed into the World Trade Center - we've all seen that. We know it happened. What would the government have to gain from making it look like another hit the Pentagon?

Also, it's pretty clear that the attackers caught us off-guard. Do you mean to tell me that we had more resources put towards a ruse like this than preventing the actual attack from happening?

It's just not worth listening to these crazy people, man. Their 'theories' have far more, and bigger, holes than the truth.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Did we kill them to keep them quiet?
Not kill, eliminate...
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Looks like micheal a$$ boy moore is now making up internet videos as well. Anyone who paid to watch any of his crap is a bonehead. He admitted, after being blasted by the truth, he "adjusted" his numbers in Bowling for Columbine, "for artistic reasons" and "to enhance the stories theme". Great documentry work there. The truth doesn't need "adjusting". Most of his 9/11 film is made up of "adjusted" numbers and sources. The fact that millions of brainless baboons in this country believe his crap is what scares me. I stood post at McGuire AFB on 9/14 when Bush flew Air Force One to McGuire then into Marine One to Ground Zero. I had worked night shift on the PD and got home around 0645 to a phone call to report to the base. I stayed up the whole next day with a helmet, flak jacket, and a M-16 as my only company. I watched the F-15's fly CAP over McGuire and knew the world had changed. I didn't need micheal moore to "adjust" the truth for me. Our Squadron was activated on 23 SEP. I spent 18 months on Active Duty away from work and my family. I'm voting for Bush in November. 84%(est.) of the currently serving military are voting for Bush according to Gallup. That includes the people actually dieing for this country in Iraq. micheal moore can't "adjust" that fact.
First, I want to thank you for your service to our country. but I am going to question your politics. We were at war with Iraq... Why? A large portion of the public will immediatly say 9/11, and i'm sorry but that as NOTHING to do with Iraq. Bush has put us in a war that we had NO right to be in. hes put your friends and fellow servicemen into a WAR. for what??? Something I think about when looking at the Kerry vs Bush election, is which is scarier.. Bush's plan, or Kerry's lack of one. and truthfully.. i think what Bush (the most protested man in history) has done is a horrible shame on our country. I just wish our country wasn't face with a lesser of two evils decision.

However, about michael moore.. hes an extremist, and not many people like extremists. however. Living in Flint has given me a slightly better understanding of what made him who he is.
I'm sorry i'm starting this.. but its something everyone should think about.. and research for themselves

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 09-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Mr. Inappropriate

I've been in the military for 18 years. I will NOT vote for Bush. Aside from the fact he appears to be a complete idiot when speaking publicly, I really disagree with his administrations handling of the Iraq war. As much as I want to see Bush go we need to get rid of the vice president and secretary of defense as well.

How many funerals of servicemen killed in Iraq has the president attended?

How many Generals have retired in protest since the start of the Iraq war?

Why did the Bush administration, primarily Cheney and Rumsfeld because they're really in charge, refuse these General's requests for additional forces?

Why are we still over there?

Wars initiated by the U.S. aren't initiated due to idealistic reasons. We didn't go to Iraq to save the Iraqi people, nor did we go there to save the world from WMD. Wars are fought for economic gain. Fighting terrorists is the right thing to do but we're not doing it for that reason. We're fighting terrorism because it was getting too large and well organized and threatened the global economy.

Desert storm and the current conflict in iraq were fought for economic reasons, primarily oil. Also, it was getting too expensive for us to maintain operations northern and southern watch and with Saddam in power those operations would have continued indefinately. Further, as long as sanctions were in place against Iraq their oil supply would be largely unavailable to the rest of the world. So, getting rid of Saddam allowed us to cease northern and souther watch, get all economic santions against Iraq lifted, and free up their oil supply for world consumption.

Anyway, Bush and company need to go.

As far as the aircraft conspiracy goes. I couldn't help notice that on one site they compared the wheels found in the Pentagon with those of a Global Hawk UAV (match) and an airliner (no match). Of course they conveniently only compared them with the front wheels of the airliner. I finally found some pics of the rear wheels of the airliner.....perfect match
Old 09-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
It's Roswell all over again.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:32 AM
Phil & Belha

Some people aren't going to like this.

I think the problem with a lot of conspiricy theories is that they go too far and join up too many dots. There are certainly conspiricies going on, but you cannot tie everything into one big secret plan because in reality, such a project would involve too many players, would be too difficult to manage and could not be kept secret. Paradoxically, the only real truth is that we will never know the real truth.

Kudos to boondock, drivemusicnow and myetball for talking sense in the face of so much blind patriotism. Regardless of whether you support Bush or not, I think it's important to understand the difference between what governments do (policy) and what they say they do (propoganda).

Here's my conspiricy theory, it's nice and simple:

We are less than 10 years away from a huge oil crisis (Global Peak Oil). Every country in the world is totally dependant on oil, not just for fuel, but plastics, industrial chemicals, medicine, food. In fact there are few industries that don't require oil or one of it's by-products. When the oil crisis hits, the price will skyrocket. Countries that have it can charge whatever they like (political or financial) and countries without it will either have to pay up or take it by force.

An American oil company wants to build a pipeline across Afghanistan to gain access to the Caspian Sea oil reserves. Unfortunately civil war in Afghanistan is making this impossible. Then 9/11 happens and OBL becomes public enemy number one. The US decides that he must be hiding in Afghanistan. The Afghans deny this, but America invades them anyway. Turns out that OBL wasn't in Afghanistan after all, but it's not all bad news because now they can build that oil pipeline.

Saddam Hussein understands that one day America may try to take Iraq's oil reserves by force. So he really wants to build some WMD as a deterrent. If America is going to get it's hands on that oil it will have to do it before SH develops WMD. So, in the wake of 9/11 they invade Iraq in the name of protecting the world from WMD. Despite the fact that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, that SH did not actually have any WMD, and that Iraq posed no immediate threat to America. But most importantly, America got access to Iraq's oil.

So far it's all worked out quite well for America. They've managed to turn the terrible events of 9/11 to a significant future economic advantage.

There are a lot of people (including me and many other non-Americans) who despise Bush for the things which he has done. But actually, that's his job - to protect and further American interests, whatever it takes. If that means lying to the public, starting wars, sacrificing American lives and generally screwing the rest of the world, then that's exactly what he should be doing. Every other world leader is trying to do the same. You can't dominate the world by being Mr Nice Guy.

If all this bad stuff hadn't happened, then when GPO hits, Americans would be looking back saying "Why didn't we do something while there was still time?". If asked to pay $50 for a gallon of petrol, wouldn't you say "I wish we'd invaded Iraq and taken control of their oil while we had the chance"?.

Just my opinion, I don't mean to offend anyone. Feel free to insult me (within site rules) if you disagree.

Phil.

Last edited by b3lha; 09-10-2004 at 04:34 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: