Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2004, 02:56 AM

Help What's happening here

I've developed this rubber-necked driving style. I am constanly looking each and every way trying to spot SVX's. In four months of trying to spot them my tally is none. (grnSVX96 excepted)

Talk about cars being exclusive, you wouldn't credit it. Today driving through Jindalee I saw a red with a black roof about 8 cars behind me, I pulled over and as it passed me I waved like a lunatic, it kept going I tried to follow in the crummy commodore but the Red was too fast for me. About 45 minutes later as I fish tailed around a corner, in the crumby (which is right spelling) commodore there coming towards me was a black one. Incredible couldn't believe that in one day I saw two.

On the way home and stuck in traffic at Goodna with BUC there in the outside lane passing me was a white one, I waved like a lunny but the lady driving must have feared for her safety and looked the other way. Gee 1 day 3 SVX's, a real colomaration.

So is something in the air that they should all be out on one day?

I will keep rubber-necking in the hope that I can catch them unawares, guess I will have to see if I can dump the commodore for a camry, they seem to have more success at catching SVX's.

Kenn
Old 02-12-2004, 04:44 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Well done....do you have the rego plates!!

No??? The true SVX pursuit vehicle you do not have!! You need the Gen3 SVX Hunter Camry FHI Special for that!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 02-12-2004, 05:17 AM

Number Plates

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamsvx
Well done....do you have the rego plates!!

No??? The true SVX pursuit vehicle you do not have!! You need the Gen3 SVX Hunter Camry FHI Special for that!

I definately require something more than the dunnydoor. Fishtailing round corners isn't my idea of fun in traffic. Good thing it doesn't rain in Qld

I have the rego's for the Red and the White, if you want them I will PM those to you for records if you wish. Didn't dare get the black as I was too busy trying to straighten the heap up.

Well at least it starts and runs. Blew the head off the falcon, not bad 9 months old 30K seviced the week before, stripped the cogs and oops won't run.

Ausie made eh! One blows the engine the other won't corner. I'll be glad when they are shipped over to Europe and the States and they become so popular over there that we won't be able to get any and will have to settle for Jap cars etc.

I am so so glad that they're not mine. Service guy at ford only comments were that (moderator edited) happens. Holden's comments on the handling were that I should slow down.

Oops gettig carried away there, do you want the rego's???

Kenn

Almost wishing for a Camry
Old 02-12-2004, 02:30 PM
it's ruby red - not burgundy!!

Registered SVX
I saw one too!!

Interesting - I saw another SVX a few days ago!

Driving through Balmain, on my way to work, I was stuck in traffic (as usual), and as I looked onto the other side of the road, I spotted a white SVX coming the other way!

Not only that, but it stopped right beside me (heading in the other direction)!

I waved and waved - but no response. The driver didn't even look in my direction!

I got the rego plates though!

James, do you want me to send that info to you?

Jason.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Talking sightings

Kenn
My son was barrelling thru Forest Lake y'day afternoon, and saw a black or very dark red SVX with Qld plate SVX 93 !!! he thought for a moment it was me taking early delivery...but not so..

I was still bludy working..but yes there appears to a couple SVX slinking around in our area..

We'll have to get some cards so that if we see them parked we can leave them one to join the Forum ...and perhaps we can have an SEQ meet...

Daves got 2
Old 02-12-2004, 10:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Rego Plates

Yep, definitely forward them on and comments on colour, condition etc - thet are a few with roof racks, body colour painted on roof (in white...did not occur from factory in that colour)

There is a link on here to business cards with SVX's on them that you can print and leave...I had a few but used them up...cannot recall where the link it...Randy????

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 02-13-2004, 02:03 AM

Re: sightings

Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
Kenn
My son was barrelling thru Forest Lake y'day afternoon, and saw a black or very dark red SVX with Qld plate SVX 93 !!! he thought for a moment it was me taking early delivery...but not so..

I was still bludy working..but yes there appears to a couple SVX slinking around in our area..

We'll have to get some cards so that if we see them parked we can leave them one to join the Forum ...and perhaps we can have an SEQ meet...

Daves got 2
David,

In my locker there is a pic of a black, rego 93 SVX. Could it be the same one. This one is owned by a guy from Mt Tambourine. His occupation is Building Certifier so with all the work happening in Forest Lake and Springfield it would make sense that he could be in the area.

Spoke to him some time ago and told him about this site, seems that he either forgot or....

Had cards on my too do list, will look into it futher.

Kenn

Who has a rattley one.