Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 02-15-2004, 12:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Not a problem - someof the other clubs (eg, Jensen) have managed to get entire lists of cars with their build dates, history's etc...literally a 'register' of cars!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 02-16-2004, 04:02 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

Talking 2 in the family

Thought I would remind all that we have 2 in the family. Sorry. Cheers, Mark.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:55 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Exclamation hey you've got 2

I can see that you have a RED one !! ..so whats the other colour ..

D2OZ
Old 02-16-2004, 10:40 PM

Show-offs

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 02-17-2004, 01:43 PM

Unhappy SVXs in Oz

I checked with Subaru H/O y'day and they were particularly UNhelpful...that information could only be gotten from Japan, and they won't give it out !!...

Sad really, what the hell else would somone do with the info...err launch another car because of their sales success...Anyway

Its true what they say sometimes..great product just a shame about the people...

Dave
Old 02-17-2004, 04:13 PM

Thats complete rubbish (I too had the same problem)

Subaru Australia knows EXACTLY how many SVX's, what years and what colours were sold in Australia.

Never ceases to amaze me.....SVX fanatics, like us, love the SUBARU SVX....SUBARU...they make other cars (B4, WRX etc) that geeezz....maybe we would consider!

Talk about not keeping people within the marque.....a disgrace

Old 02-17-2004, 05:42 PM
SVX- Best kept secret...

In response to grn svx96, mine is red (check the locker) and dear old dad's is a one owner original '92 in beautiful silver/black. He is fastidious regarding servicing and maintenance and there is nothing he doesn't know about the model- and I mean nothing!

On a sadder note, I am 'thinking'???? of selling mine- family commitments etc.

James- what's a fair price?
Old 02-17-2004, 06:04 PM

A fair price???

I'll give ya $6000!

Or trade a Camry!

PS: when do we get to meet you!!! Shame on you...a rare post 1995 and you keep it hidden!!

Old 02-17-2004, 10:05 PM

Angry Damn another red 4 sale

I can't believe it, I still haven't taken delivery of my red car from Perth as there is a huge backlog of cars out of Adelaide [over 500 cars there in storage]..so in amongst the Holden, Fords and bludy Camrys is a red SVX awaiting transport to Brisvegas..it could be another week !!! ..it left Perth last Wednesday and has been sitting in Adelaide... since..bugger..

I could have done the deal on your Red one in Sydney and had it up here by now...how many kms does yours have on it...just asking and whats its build date...just interested

dave
Old 02-18-2004, 12:09 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

Well, well well, James is prepared to offer $6k for a 1995- (sold in 1996) red SVX with 100K on the clock and in immaculate condition. Surprise, surprise. I was thinking more of the mid 20's. How does this sound? Cheers all and perhaps I will bump into you on a drive day. Might be able to coax out the old fellow with the black and silver for a run as well. By for now.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:38 AM

Red's arrived

at long last the red car has arrived..last Sunday got it Monday, down to subaru on Tues for service..all clear ..no issues..needed it for the whole day...got them to clean window guides..both drivers and passenger windows had marks...I then had the windows buffed ..one virtually gone...the other [drivers] badly scratched so 90% gone..I will monitor wash it a couple of times [heaps opf gunk ? behind window rubbers] and I'll take photos of what can be achieved ..I have original photos of scratch so before/after shots..I also had a star in the windscreen repaired..that came up very well...spend for window work $140, not bad compared to quote of $550 per window new glass ex Japan !!! ..6 to 8 weeks turnaround..don't ever break one..2nd hand glass ...yes avail but scratched as well..bugger

gave car detailed bath and good vacuum out, have noticed about 3 colours of red on the car..faded and damaged paint, that Perth sun is strong !!..I have lined up paint shop to redo affected areas over the next month anyway in preparation as I expected some of the paint may have needed touch up ...definitely....so I'll send shots of their work when done...

thats all for now..will be looking at the wheel options over the next couple of days and I'll do shots of those..

green car has been scrubbed and tubbed, vacc'd and mothballed in storage and only to come out on sunny days

Hey an interesting point burried in the memory of our site.. there is discussion of popping sounds that eminate from the dash ..expansion/contraction of the plastics etc..my green doesn't do that but the red one does..doesn't bother me ..just does it when you least expect it..just odd

d2 in Oz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: