How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-15-2003, 11:03 PM
sleepysvx

Mobil 1 ATF found it in Oregon!

Wow, I finally found Mobil 1 atf...after looking everyone and going to every chain store, I found it at a place called G I Joes...I paid $4.99 per quart, which is high to me, but I guess that is an average price...Funny thing was I had called on the phone last week, and the employee that answered said they didn't carry Mobil 1 !..So anyone in the Portland area, or that lives near a G I Joes..check them out... ALso has anyone tried a product called ENGINE RESTORE..comes in a silver can, which is added to the oil? I tried it on my Honda, and it worked great..! Smoothed out the idle, and seemed to add more power...thinking of putting some in my svx at the next oil change....sean
Old 10-16-2003, 06:38 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

4.99 is a good price.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
You should be able to get Mobil 1 tranny fluid at any AutoZone.. If they don't ahve it on the shelf, they can order it for you.

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 10-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
I have tried the Engine Restore stuff only last week, and I feel a difference in the general pull and how smooth the engine sounds cold. For the price of about 6$.....how can you go wrong?
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 10-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I used some Engine Restore also, at 153k miles, and I used it right before I went on my honeymoon to FL. I got a max of 28.5mpg. Pretty sweet. That could have just been due to the driving, but the one thing that I KNOW it made a difference in was that I burn ZERO oil now. I used to burn a little bit, and I'd have to top it off once a month or so (it was a little low). Now its ..eh... always full.

- Rob

PS: I also used this engine clean stuff, you put it in your DIRTY oil and run your car for 5 minutes, driving around. You then change your oil. HOLY CRAP!!! You shoudl have seen how black and sludgy it was!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I used it.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:54 AM

hey Sean, hope all is going well....how is the tranny shop hunt going?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:21 PM
sleepysvx

Engine Restore...

Hey,
Glad to hear some people have tried Engine Restore, and that it worked pretty good...Like I said when I added it to my Prelude, the engine actually became more quiet then usually at idle, and seemed to get better gas mileage...I will put some in my next oil change...Just added 5 quarts of Mobil 1, after draining that much of my old atf fluid, fluid didn't look to burned and car is shifting great so far...so I'm crossing my fingers on having some life left in the tranny!
Old 10-16-2003, 08:39 PM
sleepysvx

Hey there..

Hey Kelli,
I just sent you a PM...to update you on my progress with the car!..sean
Old 11-12-2003, 05:10 AM

engine restore

Hmmmm
WHo would have thought.. Engine restor.I've used this product for years on another car.. an old lincoln to be exact.
might be why it sorta still runs, well it did run.. Currently it has 250,000 miles on it.. My best guess is, if I put some GOOD gas in it.. IT would come alive once again. kinda been sitting awhile

But yes out of all the crapola products this is one I can say that does work.. hmm I was afraid to ever put an engine type cleaner to the lincoln.. Kinda like a good old cast iron frying pan once you knock the seasoning off it BURNS everything or FALLS apart.

I didn't think about it in the SVX.. I know my oil comes out looking nasty. ???????? Mobil 1 does that I think.
Mobil 1 has made too much money off of me.. Being I've used only their oil in both my cars..

ya know, it might not be a bad idea to change your oil filter first before adding the CLEANER.. as it does release a lot of crud from the inside.. then do a normal filter and oil change..
I know you have to buy an extra filter blah blah 3 bucks..
however I think it better to Catch a lil of what the clearner product may dissolve loose..

just my 2 cents about the cleaner product..

svx1999