SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze
no no no, I have the new rad completely in the car, fans and hoses all attached and everything. I filled the radiator with water until it wouldnt take anymore, and the coolant reservior is well above the full mark. There are no bubbles when I run the car up to temperature. Am I all good to go?

I skipped flushing it cuz im lazy and the coolant had been flushed last year. Am I all good
I dont know if this was directed toward me, but I was just adding to how people were saying to remove the radiator and fans, I find it much easier to remove the rad and fans as a whole. I wouldnt know about what other things to do (im in the same boat as you on this one because I just pulled my radiator out today and need to fill it tomorrow).

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 05-07-2007, 11:45 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
It's much simpler to remove the radiator with the fans still attached, everything comes out and goes back in smoothly. It also only requires the 4 bolts on top to be removed (instead of the bolts to remove the fans aswell).

Dustin
If radiator removal instructions goes in the "How Too", this is definitely what the instructions should indicate. Having just the done the job, I am quite certain in this regard.

Actually all that has to be said is; remove everything that is directly attached to the radiator/fan assembly and lift it out. Piece of cake.

I have just had a very nice alluminium top tank made and fitted to my radiator, as a replacement for the rotten plastic item. I will be putting it back in the car tomorrow. A small local radiator outfit did the job for, NZ$180.00. Say in US money, approx. $150.00.

Eat your hearts out.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
This may be a stupid question (but I have to ask as I've never done radiators before), I took my radiator out yesterday to get to my timing. Now, the radiators back in and I need to know if I just put the new coolant in or is there a special procedure that I should do?

Also, Kozykat (Marissa) told me about pulling the radiator with the fans still attached (giving credit where credit is due)............but I had planned on doing it that way already

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
WOW!!!

NEW radiator went in with no problems, I'm running basically a 90-10 misxture of distilled water to antifreeze since its a hot summer, and guess what?

my MPG took a turn for the better! I'm now getting 385 miles to a tank of 91 grade, where I used to only get 300-330 to a tank!!! also, my temp gauge used to register just a hair under halfway, now its running a couple notches below that! better MPG, better cooling, I'm one happy SVX owner today

thanks again for all the help and input from everybody! if it weren't for this site I'd be paying out the butt for repairs, now I can do all this stuff myself
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats