SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
Red Friday

RED FRIDAYS

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing. We get no liberal media coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.. Every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers. Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear some thing red every Friday.

IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON

IF YOU COULD CARE LESS THEN HIT THE DELETE BUTTON --- ITS YOUR CHOICE. WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.

MAY GOD HELP AMERICA TO BECOME ONE NATION, UNDER GOD.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 05-13-2006, 09:50 AM

Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX-FF
RED FRIDAYS

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing. We get no liberal media coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.. Every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers. Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear some thing red every Friday.

IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON

IF YOU COULD CARE LESS THEN HIT THE DELETE BUTTON --- ITS YOUR CHOICE. WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.

MAY GOD HELP AMERICA TO BECOME ONE NATION, UNDER GOD.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

Steve
I am a third generation professional military officer; USAFA class of '74. There is a difference between supporting the military and supporting the political policies that control the military. The military is a tool to be used to deter aggression against our country or to be used as a last resort for protection of our interests when diplomacy fails. For the first time in history, we have an administration that has used the military as a first strike option when diplomacy failed to convince the world to agree to their viewpoint. The military will do whatever the Commander in Chief tells them to do, because that is their job. It is our job as citizens to make sure the politicians that control this awesome power do so in a responsible way. Just because I don’t support a war that is killing and maiming thousands of young Americans does not mean I don’t support the military. There is a HUGE difference. I hope you recognize it.

Dave Barker
USAF Academy Class of 1974
Old 05-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2driver
I am a third generation professional military officer; USAFA class of '74. There is a difference between supporting the military and supporting the political policies that control the military. The military is a tool to be used to deter aggression against our country or to be used as a last resort for protection of our interests when diplomacy fails. For the first time in history, we have an administration that has used the military as a first strike option when diplomacy failed to convince the world to agree to their viewpoint. The military will do whatever the Commander in Chief tells them to do, because that is their job. It is our job as citizens to make sure the politicians that control this awesome power do so in a responsible way. Just because I don’t support a war that is killing and maiming thousands of young Americans does not mean I don’t support the military. There is a HUGE difference. I hope you recognize it.

Dave Barker
Dave,
Very, very well said!
-Bill (Career Civil Servant - 11 years in support of the U.S. Navy, 15 years and counting in support of NASA)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Certified Porschephile

I served 11 years in the U.S. Air Force Reserve, including 18 months after 9/11. I support the military as well as current events. No one was drafted into the military after 1975 or so. If you joined because you wanted money for college, and are now bitterly disapointed, then sorry. I had family in WWII and Vietnam, and I feel I did my part. I'm not saying the military is for everyone, but don't cry after the fact.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:28 AM

Missed my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
I served 11 years in the U.S. Air Force Reserve, including 18 months after 9/11. I support the military as well as current events. No one was drafted into the military after 1975 or so. If you joined because you wanted money for college, and are now bitterly disapointed, then sorry. I had family in WWII and Vietnam, and I feel I did my part. I'm not saying the military is for everyone, but don't cry after the fact.
Whose crying? You missed my point. What I am saying is war is all about the adminstration, not the military. You can be pro military and still be against war. Many people believe being anti-war is being anti-military. That is not the case. I was called a "baby killer" when I went to other colleges during Viet Nam. Then as Now, people don't know the difference between political and military policy. They lump them together. I am only trying to make people understand the difference. I guess the concept is harder to understand than I first thought....
Old 05-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Certified Porschephile

My point was at the people who you see crying about having to go after enlisting. I thought your post was OK describing being someone unhappy with the way it is now, but not holding it against the people in the middle. Different shades of the same color.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by q2driver

Dave Barker
This requires a repeat. Extremely well put.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 05-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Why???

I don't understand it--why does this simple request to join in support for our troops, god and country have to become a political platform to slap at the administration and current leadership????? I do not see a single thing that asks support for Bush, his policies or even the war. Did I miss something???

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Saturday through Thursday, we'll gripe on who put us in this mess. On Friday, we'll wear red.

It ain't Friday yet.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: