Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 01-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Post WTB: right front complete hub and knuckle assembly

Wanted: complete passenger front hub and knuckle (housing) assembly with wheel bearing intact. Preferably from a wreck that had a good wheel bearing and it all needs to be in one piece to be swapped in.

I can ship back my ABS tone wheel (it is fine) after my bad hub/knuckle is removed. I don't think this can be removed without pressing the hub out of the knuckle/bearing and I know these are expensive and you'd probably want to sell it separately.

My bearing is shot and judging by the amount of play in it the hub or knuckle is probably shot too. Going to replace entire unit at once if I can get the parts.

Anyone have one from a lower mileage part-out?

Parts I need are circled in this pic
Needs to be AWD.

92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.

Last edited by immortal_suby; 01-01-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

I have one with probably about 200 miles on the bearing.. 400 miles max. How hard is it to remove the complete unit? If not too time consuming, we can work this out.

(It's on a 94 FWD/Non ABS car... I don't know the specifics on it being non-ABS, but I won't be needing any return cores... I'm about to strip the car anyway to get it out of my garage.)

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)

Last edited by Electrophil; 01-01-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Dang, that would have been great. Unfortunately the fwd and awd have 2 different part numbers for the hubs and knuckles so I don't think it would work

thanks anyway!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 01-01-2006, 04:36 PM

Bummer. what a waste of a new bearing...

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:46 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gotsubarus
Matt, I think the hubs off the FWD will fit on the AWD its got the same brakes and rotors and Axles
Old 01-02-2006, 01:16 PM

I think the big difference is the ABS tone wheel. I've never been down there in that, but if that is something that goes on "after" the bearing is pressed, I guess it would make a difference.

It's there for you either way. I'm not "trying" to sell it. I'll just help out if it works.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Yeah, I wish I could do it but I don't have access to a press and all the subaru tools to do it. Not to mention I don't have any experience replacing bearings so I'm a little gun shy to try it without just replacing the whole unit at once.

I wonder why they have 2 different part numbers for FWD and AWD?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:49 AM

hay Matt, I know the Junk yard up here has one in it if you need me to get you a hub.... It will probably be 45.00
Old 01-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsubarus
hay Matt, I know the Junk yard up here has one in it if you need me to get you a hub.... It will probably be 45.00
Do you think they have the entire knuckle/hub/bearing assembly intact in that car? I don't have a way of pressing a bearing in or out of a hub. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:29 AM

yes, the wheels were on the one i took to one place and the other place had one there with wheels on it when i was taking and outback over there.. so I know they have them.... If you want to drive up and us instal it real quik we can or drive up and pick it up, cause i wont be back down to greenville pickens till maybee next week or more.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
That would be great! If you don't have time to do it I do have monday and tuesday off next week so I could head up there and pull it from that yard if you could give me directions. Is it a U-pull it yard or do you just tell them what you want?
Old 01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Got the part at a salvage yard and installed it today. Thanks for the help everybody. My right front is nice and quiet now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: