Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Product and Service Reviews > Service Shop Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 10:47 PM
jjcobra

CT service shop/Subie dealer

Name: East Granby Motors
Owner: Mike Mallow
Phone: 860-653-9090
Website (good for a look at what he may still have on the lot): www.eastgranbymotors.com

I've been a loyal customer of Mike's since I got my first car from him about 7 years ago. My immediate family has bought 4 cars from him now. While I did not buy my SVX from him, I can attest to his sales method and his work. Mike is the sort of guy that won't sell a car unless he would drive it. He is one of the few small car dealers in this country in my experience that will tell you the facts of the car. If it has a problem he will inform you of it, and if he doesn't know about it, his warrenty covers it. That's right a warrenty on all used vehicles. 120 Days Bumper to bumper and now a full year on the engine. Most other dealers only sell used cars AS IS. Another perk, the cost of service. Mike uses a lot of rebuilt or salvaged parts and passes the savings on to the customer. He can save you easily half on any part from most other places. The exception being SVXs which still cost more than I'd like partwise, howewver he's still cheaper than almost everyone. The one downside with Mike is that it's a small shop and repairs can take a lot longer than liked, but at the price I'm not complaining since I have an emergency car. Heck if you need a beater to goto work you might even be able to coax him into loaning you a car from the store lot. As for his cars prices they are as good as you can expect from used autos. Great deals for the person who just needs a daily driver or for the person who wants to get their first kid a car and not spend a lot or get something fast enough to kill your child. Even can find some rarities such as the uncommon SVX on the lot, or the highly uncommon right hand drive postal vehicles made by Subaru.

Last edited by jjcobra; 12-28-2005 at 10:50 PM.