How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-11-2005, 08:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to djsiva
help with merchant double_rs2002

double_rs2002......Does anybody know anything about this person? They sell reman A/C compressors from a location in Largo FL. They have almost perfect feedback on EBay but I'm having some issues with them. I orderd a compressor from them weeks ago, got it promptly, installed it, thought everything was good. Then, when I woke up the next morning, no A/C. I took it back to Lexus (where I work) and had them check the system and recharge it. As we were recharging it, I could see freon pouring out of the side of the compressor. After a little haggling, I worked out with them that I would send them my old compressor, they'd reman it and then send it back. Once I received the 2nd one, it did the same thing, worked good for a day, no freon the next day. I didn't bother trying to recharge the second one because I could see freon on the gaskets on the side of the compressor. I noticed this on this past Thursday morning. Since then, I haven't been able to get an answer at their location, which I think is out of their home. If anyone knows these people or has any insight as to their dealings, it would be greatly appreciated if I could get some info from you.

Thanks..

Nate

ps....Their names are Brian and Angela Royer
Old 07-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
No Problem

I don't really know anything about them personally, but I bought one from them over a year ago and it is still working fine.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-11-2005, 09:27 PM

I bought one from them for a MKII MR2 about 4 years ago and one for my SVX a month after I bought it (Feb 2002) - both are still working. I'd PM Earl (ensteele) as I may be wrong, but I thought he had problems with an EBay A/C Compressor - not sure if the same place or not tho.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:49 PM

possible resolution

I was finally able to get a hold the guy who remans the compressors. I think we've worked out a resolution. Thanks for the help.

Nate
Old 07-21-2005, 05:09 PM

no resolution

Well, I though we had worked out a resolution. Bottom line is the guy told me he would do one thing, then after a week and no compressor, his wife e-mailed me and said they wouldn't be able to help. They did process a refund for 200 of my $235 bucks but that doesn't help me with AC. Anyway, they seemed ok on the phone and by email, but I would not recommend them to anyone. Be leery of dealings with double_rs2002