Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-07-2004, 04:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Long LONG time no post

Well,
I'm home today actually working on my baby. The other day I noticed a nasty sound coming from the rear-end when I apply the breaks. Oh MAN! Time has come for my pads. It's my first time taking apart the backend and it was a silly simple affair. I'll take the rotors in tomorrow for a light touch up and its back together tomorrow afternoon. No broken knuckles or anything.

I need to ask if anyone's listening..should I put that brake grease on or not?

Lot's going on and not a lot at the same time with me. The car is running like a charm at ~110K miles. The Forester is also running wonderfully. I have over $500 suby-dollars in my 'bank' in case something requires the dealer's touch.

I'll say it again..Tri-State Subaru has been very nice to us.

It's comforting to see so many new and old names here. I really SHOULD spend more time here now that I've finally got DSL at home.

For those who remember her..I was treated out to lunch the other day with Kathy (she sold her SVX a few years ago to a collector in CA). She actually cried when I let her drive her 'old' car. She's doing good with a new job at a new company.

I'm very jealous of that absolutely mint '97 LSi in the reflections thread. I am 'forced' to drive mine 80 miles every weekday and the finish shows it.

Last weekend I was able to nearly redo our first annual New England meet up to Vermont. I needed to get away so I took off Friday night and drove up to my friends place just south of Burlington. Last time I was there was nearly 4 years ago at the meet. Brings back memories. I drove right by Mt. Pilo and all that.

I took Rt. 7 to 125 through the Green Mts to 100 south to 91 and back home. Gave the car quite a work out. It was a great mind clearing trip with no mishaps.

Wrapped up today with a red sighting on Rt. at the Johnny Appleseed rest stop. I nearly turned around to say hi but I was running late. Sorry if your out there.

Roll on dudes.......

Jeff
Old 07-07-2004, 04:32 PM

if you're talking about a little packet that came with the OEM rear pads, I put that between the pad backing and the shim. Then I got some caliper grease from my local auto parts store & lubed the pin the caliper rotates up on - and lubricated the sliding sleeve that the mounting bolt goes through - IMHO this is necessary since the brake design assumes a floating caliper/fixed rotor, of course YMMV.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:21 AM
XSVX Owner

Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Yeah definitely apply the anti-squeal to the pad backs. I did it to the front pads on the Impreza and it cleared them right up. I wish it could do the same for the back - but it's the frozen slide pin causing that one. It sounds like a bird at low speeds. Glad I'm selling it Sunday
Old 07-08-2004, 12:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Long LONG time no post

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
Last weekend I was able to nearly redo our first annual New England meet up to Vermont. I needed to get away so I took off Friday night and drove up to my friends place just south of Burlington. Last time I was there was nearly 4 years ago at the meet. Brings back memories. I drove right by Mt. Pilo and all that.
<sniff, sniff>

I'm glad to see you back, Jeff! How are the kids? I'm glad to hear that Kathy is doing well.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-08-2004, 12:41 PM
red95svx

JEFF!!

How's things? Been flying lately? My girlfriend and I went to Montauck, NY last Saturday. Great flight! Flew down at 6,500 and enjoyed a 23 kt tail wind and possibly the smoothest flight I've ever had in day light hours. Service at MTP was great, and we had lunch at a restaurant across the street. After that we walked the short distance to the beach and played in the water. A damn good time had by all. We're heading to Northampton for a picnic this Saturday, and we're thinking about heading to Knox County airport in Rockland, ME to check out the Owls Head Transportation Museum the first weekend of August. Soo......when are you and I going to take turns logging some PIC time together?????

Glad to hear all is well. Lunch with Kathy, eh? That's cool. She's something, isn't she?

Good to hear from you!!

Dave

Last edited by red95svx; 07-08-2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:56 PM

Route 7

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
I took Rt. 7 to 125 through the Green Mts to 100 south to 91 and back home.
Beautiful country. I lived in the Bennington area for a few years. Drove 7A when the weather was bad; 7 (the "high" road) otherwise.

dcb
Old 07-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Yo, Jeffy! I still think of you every day. Your Christmas card is STILL on my fridge.

I haven't posted much lately either. Good to see you though, now that I've dropped in.

Give Kat a big "OOOPAH!" for me. Gee -- I need to go out this weekend and get some Ouzo -- for old time's sake.

Take care!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Superbeast

Geez just when I figure you gave up and sold your SVX or something , you pop your head in again. Good to hear it's treating you well then. Anyplans to come to some meets soon? We got one comming up in Aug. at Hampton beach.

Is Kat still planning that skydiving trip in Sep.? I still want in on that.

Later.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-08-2004, 08:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Oh what a feeling

It feels so good to be back..and so BAD for not sticking around more often. Life..... well enough with the excuses.

I'm still loving the SVXperence!

RW..did you get this year's xmas picture? The kids are wonderful fun...I can't say it enough.

I will DEFINITELY look into the Hampton Beach meet. It's about an hour from here.

Is Adam still here (from Keene)?

I'll see if I can convince Kathy to come and bring the Ouzo. She's still as wonderful as ever.

Dave,

I'll try to call you so we can ACTUALLY hook up. Please accept my sincere appologies for dropping off of the map. I haven't flown in FAR too long. I envy you. My kids keep asking me when I'm going to get up with them. I bought an awsome soaring video. Amazing footage. Owl's head is small but pretty nice....and a GREAT flight. Maine's coast is so beautiful. Just don't fly over the Bush lest you be cannon fodder.

Brakes are all back together with nice shiny turned rotors. I used the grease to hopefully they won't whine!

Jeff

Jeff