Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 08-05-2003, 04:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Talking Unique Cars - August 2003 - page 62

My car!

Not a bad article - some parts of it are a little strange and the price guide is interesting - would have been nice if my name rather than 'Dunne' was used!!

The tranny information was not what I said - rather that if you replace a transmission, that is what you should do, not that the cooler and filter were added in each circumstance.

As for the "people put them in the papers" qoute, that was in relation to the aftermarket sales (as in a discussion) and not supposed to be part of a 'here's what you should pay' aspect.

And the interior side bolster being punctured was said by me to be something to watch out for because of the way that the seatbelt retractor operates - not that it was a sign of a neglected car!! Mine has that and I don't think mine is neglected!!!

Anyways, will be interesting to see what happens with SVX'ers coming out of the woodwork and also onto this site

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 08-06-2003, 02:09 AM
Kienan

Not a bad article at all

Hey James, and crew
As soon as i saw this thread i had to race down to the local newsagent and grab the magazine. I was keen to see if it was another one of those write ups that knock the SVX, or for a change i hoped that they had written a good article about it.
And personally i reckon that this article is one of the better articles that i have read that reviews the SVX

Anyway my car is going into a transmission shop on monday, as i have a transmission leak. It is only the gasket seal in the transmission sump, so luckily not to expensive. But i also have a leak in the power steering pump, so i thought i may as well kill two birds with one stone and get them both done. And also better to fix them now, because it is only going to cost me more if i leave them.

So how is your car going James?
Old 08-07-2003, 01:21 AM

Hi

Its not going too bad - took it up to Wiseman's Ferry last Friday night with Blake's SVX and had a run - next time I need a video camera!!

Still need to fit the transmission temp gauge but need to get a permafilter from the US first (since that has the input for the sensor) and then should be good.

Did you manage to get in contact with Brooky Spares re the lights?

James

PS: guys, we need to start throwing some ideas up if we are going to organise a day - the B4 guys are keen for a joint endeavour if you are interested

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 08-07-2003, 02:51 AM
Kienan

Hey,
no i havent contacted them about the lights yet. Been pretty buisy at work building some houses. And then on my spare time helping renovate my parents house that they have just bought down here in newcastle. And also in the middle of that trying to find time to go out partying.

Yes, i do think we should have a meet/cruise some time soon, its been to long since we have had a chance to tell each other about the mischief's we have gotten up to in our bat mobiles/pimp mobiles

Catch you all later
Kienan
Old 08-07-2003, 08:10 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
G'Day James and all,
Just read the Unique Cars story, seemed fair to me, I guess I'm the $8000 neglected car
I'm still trying to track down the cause of my rough running, the plumbing seems OK so far, but there's plenty to look at yet
Must do something about a tranny cooler soon.

Just been playing with one of your Yellow photos in your locker, trying to jog my memory about the top colour of the one I saw in Enmore

P.S. who ended up with the silver one in the background?

Arthur.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blacktop.jpg (28.5 KB, 184 views)
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!
Old 08-07-2003, 04:49 PM

Hi Arthur

I've no idea where he got the $8000 from, however, it seemed that they keep track of car sales and prices since they are compiliing some sort of guide for sale for used cars - I suspect that they monitor prices, k's and year and came up with some notions.

What I said was that the price was very very hard to establish since it depended on so many factors...not all of them the same that apply to run of the mill cars (Camry etc) - I think he was using Redbook or Glass's

The yellow with black roof looks...interesting

Bumblebee, bumblebee!!

Old 08-08-2003, 06:58 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

James, I saw the article- pretty good. BTW another mag on sale at the moment is a glossy called 'used cars'. It lists alphabetically most available makes in Aust and rates their second hand value for money. It also gives an indicator of prices one would expect to pay for a particular model. Let's just say that it is very flattering in terms of the second hand values for an SVX. It indicates that prices vary from 20's to mid 30's.
On another note, I am still interested in a Sunday run perhaps around the mountains etc. Will have to be towards the end of Aug though.
Cheers everyone, Mark.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to paddlesnz
And here's the article:

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/revie...ry.asp?ID=5313

1993 Subaru Alcyone SVX
1980 Isuzu 117 Coupe Giugiaro Edition
1999 Mazda Astina
2006 Honda Legend
2006 Toyota Mark X Premium
2007 Toyota bB
2007 Mazda Roadster RS
2012 Peugeot 208 Allure
Old 09-01-2003, 05:55 AM

Thanks for that!

I was wondering when it would go to the online version - I'll have to post the link in the main section

Cheers

James

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: