How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 12-13-2001, 12:47 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Bay Area meeting

Hey all Nothern Californians and So Cal folks (if they want to make the drive -- or for that matter anyone from anywhere who wants to show up),

Over at the Yahoo message board, a few of us have expressed interest in a Bay Area meeting. Let me know if you are interested. Also any suggestions on where to go or what to do would be appreciated.

I think a drive up Mt. Hamilton in San Jose would be brillant. For those who haven't done it, it's about 25 miles of twists and switchbacks leading to the Observatory at the top. A great view of the area when you reach the top.

Matt
Old 12-13-2001, 05:22 PM
skylimey

Bay Area Meeting

I'd vote more for 9->Skyline->92->1->94 than Mt Hamilton just for the variety, but either works for me.

The Skyline route provides a stop for food.

Martin
Old 12-13-2001, 06:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
Thumbs up skyline is good

Hey,

I also prefer skyline over Mt. Hamilton, because mt. Hamilton is not nearly as interesting to drive up or down, as page mill, la honda, highway 9 or any road in skyline area. There is also a lot more variety of roads to take there then in grant ranch/mt. Hamilton area.
The time, well, since I am a college student, I am off from Dec 18th, to Jan 20th. That would be the best time. Though, never know how many people are going, and what is the best for them.

Anyway, just a suggestion, for more info, we need to star the "Bay Area Meet" forum over at Yahoo. Since, I belive more people visiting that one.

nik

Last edited by zamorush; 12-13-2001 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:02 PM

The drive up Skyline sounds good.

How about Sat Jan 12th as the day to get together?

Do we want to get together to meet before we take the drive? We can meet at Dave&Buster's (in Milpitas). They have food and great car racing games.

Matt
Old 12-17-2001, 05:05 PM

Registered SVX
Bay Area Meet

Saturday the 12th sounds great. I also agree on the meeting place, (it is two miles away from my house). I don't recall Milpitas being ohnored by more than one SVX. LOL. SO it will be great meeting there. It is of coarse, if other people want to meet there.

I am in, no matter what.

nik
Old 12-18-2001, 01:41 PM
skylimey

Saturday 12th

Saturday 12 works for me, the designated place is good too. Thanks Matt for organizing this one.
Old 12-18-2001, 03:33 PM

Cool. Dave & Busters it is. They have food, so we can grab lunch as well as playing some video games. The SEGA car racing games there great. Let me know if you need directions to the Great Mall in Milpitas.

Do we want to meet there around 11:00am? That way we can grab an early lunch and get out of there by about 12:30 or so. That should give us plenty of daylight left to hit Skyline.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 12-18-2001, 03:36 PM
skylimey

Dave & Busters

Works for me M
Old 12-19-2001, 12:13 AM
kenm

I'm in. I'm in Sacramento.

Where were all you guys when I had my big 3 day meet in San Ramon for the Gullwing cars? I put the word out to all of the SVX lists saying that the SVX owners were invited. I had mine on display and I had hoped that at least 1 or two others would show up (to see pics from the show, go to www.ncdmc.org).

Ken
95 LS-l
Old 12-19-2001, 12:17 AM

Registered SVX
Bay Area Meeting

Who else is going? So far I can see only 3 cars. I am sure there are a lot more in Bay area then 3.

Anyway, 11am sounds good, though, I would prefer a little bit earlier. May be 10. But it is all up to you Matt.

About video games. I am a big fan of racing. (won't say this about real driving, trying to keep safe, and stay away from the tickets). How about PC, is there such a racing game where an SVX was involved? I know play station does. I belive.

shooting for the 12th, the First Bay Area Meet.

nik with red SVX.
Old 12-19-2001, 02:46 PM

I was thinking earlier too, but D&B doesn't open until 11:00.

So far we have 5 for sure. It's
Matt (me -- aka nordique14)
nik (aka zamorush)
martin (aka skylimey)
kenm (aka ken)
uncamitzi (he just bought a 92 SVX. He hasn't had time to visit this site yet).

There are even a couple of guys on the Yahoo board who have expressed interested. One guy is in LA, the other one is in Seattle! He is getting his transmission worked on, so he probably won't be able to make it, but he's interested. Talk about dedication!

I have seen atleast 6 SVXs in the Bay Area, so hopefully we'll have a few more takers before the Jan 12th meet.

As far as video games go, I know that Gran turismo 2 had an SVX. GT3 does not. I bloody shame if you ask me. I'm not sure about PC race games.

Matt
95 Blue SVX L
Old 12-19-2001, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kenm
I'm in. I'm in Sacramento.

Where were all you guys when I had my big 3 day meet in San Ramon for the Gullwing cars? I put the word out to all of the SVX lists saying that the SVX owners were invited. I had mine on display and I had hoped that at least 1 or two others would show up (to see pics from the show, go to www.ncdmc.org).

Ken
95 LS-l
Hey Ken,

Looks like you had a good turnout. I can only hope that we get that many SVXs. Do you need directions on how to get to the Great Mall in Milpitas? Let me know.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 01-06-2002, 12:51 AM
SVXDriver

I wish I could join you guys but I am down here in SB dealing with school. drats!!! Oh well, I guess I will try to join another meet some other time.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:15 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Nordique14
If I get the radiator fixed I'll try to be there.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 01-09-2002, 03:18 PM

just a reminder...

Just a reminder that we are meeting at Dave and Busters in Milpitas (located in the Great Mall off of 880) at 11am on Saturday.

You can get directions by following this link:
http://www.daveandbusters.com/script...DESTINATION=CA

The place doesn't open until 11:00 and we'll probably hang out there for a little while, so you don't have to be there right at 11:00. I will try to be there on time. You'll be able to easily spot me. I'll be the really tall guy. If you see me and think to yourself "There's no way he can fit into a SVX", then you have spotted me.

After we spend some time at D&B, we'll head for a ride up Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains. One of the nicest drives in the area. If you have't done it yet, then here's your chance!

If anyone other than the guys listed below are interested, please submit a reply to this post with your name so we know who to expect.

Hope to see as many people as possible.

Cheers,
Matt