Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2001, 03:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Windshield?

No, not for the SVX.

My wife's 1990 Legacy wagon was struck by a piece of debris on Friday. It was metal and, judging by the skid mark on the hood, painted white. The car is drivable, but the glass is going to have to be replaced this week.

The most expensive quote I've gotten was $270 installed. Not bad. I doubt very much my deductible is low enough to bother the insurance company, but I'm working on it.

I also found a used windshield for $125 plus tax, but then I need to have it installed, and where the hell am I gonna do that? I got a price of $245 installed from one place that will show up at her school and do it there. Sounds worth it to me. Even if my deductible was $250 it wouldn't be worth calling the insurance company.

Of course then there's the matter of the hood, which has the aforementioned skid mark. Is there something I can use to remove that white mark from the paint? I suppose I could call the insurance company and have the windshield and hood repaired under the same comp. claim, but one look at the hood and they're gonna say 'this thing is not worth repainting.' There are literally more stone chips than there is paint left on the leading edge of the hood.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE