Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 07:47 PM
arondale

Project BAD SVX underway

I have the URL www.badsvx.com, but www.arondale.com/svx is not pointing to it yet. As a few of you know, I bought this car with 19K miles on it. It is still in the 20s and becoming very fast.

Mod's so far:

- Ground Control / Eibach Springs (385front, 325rear)
- Koni Fully Adjustable shock inserts.
- 18x7.5 Work Emotion CR Kai (Bronze Matte)
- Toyo Proxies 4 rubber
- Custom Air Intake (Took box out and cut down to 1cm protruding into engine bay with angular lip, attached hi-flow "Green" filter with machined MAF adapter
- MP3 stereo w/iPod
- performance alignment (1.75 degrees front / 1.0 degrees rear)

Combined with the rotational weight I shaved with the wheels, along with the new air intake... this car sounds and handles insane. So people say that the air filter is just a sound mod, but my car is faster now than before I modded it. Granted, the rotational weight makes a difference, but I think the air filter mod is sqeezing extra ponies as well.

the pics:

arondale
Old 06-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
I think I have to go change my pants. I have said it before, but I really can't stop looking at your car. The camber specs you showed are negative, right? You should definitely get the ECUtune stage one for some more ponies.

What are the next mods?

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 06-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Superbeast

You take some freakish pics man. I like it!

So your running a Koni GC set up, what are your feeling on the rear upper strut mount situation?
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Thumbs up

Beautiful arondale, beautiful!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-09-2004, 08:14 PM
arondale

Thanks for the comments. Yes, the camber specs are netative. No.. I have not noticed anything weird with the suspension. I did cut the bump stops in the front in half, but that is it. Having it on the dragon last weekend, Robert (the guy with the Porche) will tell you I was chasing down some fast motos and they were yeilding!

As for my next mods... there are a couple of dings I want to pop out. Very minor. You would not even notice them unless I pointed them out. Next, some interior mods are in store. I would like to replace the front seats with some alacantra suade / leather combo. I like the diamond stitch and have been looking around. More than likely I will just buy the seats and have the suade/leater fitted. I'm pricing them now.

As far as performance. I don't intend on doing much to the engine until I see some turbo charged flat 6s come out of the legacy...which may never happen. I had entertained the idea of replacing the flat 6 with a 22B 271HP Japan Spec Turbo 4, but seeing as my SVX is hauling ass with less than 30K on the odometer... that will probably never happen.

What does the ECU mod do exactly...run my car rich? I seemed to get less fuel economy with my air intake mod. Not much... but I can feel a difference in power and I think it is sucking more air. Not 100% sure though. It feels as though the 230 feels more 250 now.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:16 PM
arondale

Also, those Konis take FULL dampening for thoses springs. That might be your problem. Sounds like your problem might be different.

arondale
Old 06-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Yes the ecu chip the Michael (longassname) richens the fuel map globally. Check out his site www.ecutune.com and the uber long thread about it for more details. How much is you svx lowered using the koni/gc setup?

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 06-09-2004, 08:38 PM
arondale

Quote:
How much is you svx lowered using the koni/gc setup?
You know, I'm not sure. Probaby around 1.25-2 inches. I had no intention on lowering the car, but it would probably be riding on bumpstops if it was any lower. The fronts are now perfect. I can see about 1.2-1.5 inches of piston and about 2 inches of piston in the rear. The rear could go lower than the front, but I think the ride hight is absolutely perfect right now. I had to kick the jack out from underneath the car when I first let it back down...literally. The ride height has settled since then, and now it is even lower. I could not be more please with how it all turned out.

arondale
Old 06-09-2004, 10:48 PM
JLittell

If you see a guy lying on any road it's gotta be arondale. One day your're gonna get squashed man!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:04 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Awesome!

Those wheels are so sweet! I've been wanting to get those but you beat me too it. Well I won't have to question whether they look good.
-Nathan

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 06-10-2004, 06:50 AM
no limitation as limitation

yes i love those wheels but the color wont look good on my car.... i have the ugly green color. but i wanted red.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:26 AM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
Hmmm... I like the wheels. I had gold P7s on my red Impreza, and I always liked the look of gold/bronze on red. They make me think OZ Sperleggaras would look halfway decent on our cars. looks good lowered too. I have that same rubber around my wheels and I haven't been super impressed with it, but it's far better than a lot of tires.

I like that pic of the guy walking ot his porsche and staring at your car .

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 06-10-2004, 12:23 PM
arondale

I am very impressed with the new Proxy4s. Unlike many soft compound, dry weather, performance tires that cost a lot more.... these all seasons stick and break early, meaning you can get into a 4 wheel drift and still manage the car perfectly.

If you do not have all seasons, your tires will grip until you push its limits... then break. This is bad, IMO. Right when you need the grip the most, it will unexpectedly break away.

I have had some nice performance perrellis on my other SVX before. Awesome grip...to an extreme point... then break away. It is a very scary feeling. Not that I'm biased, but for their performance, value, and predictability...there are not many other tires I would have on my car.

Now, the Proxies FX4...totally different tire. They absolutely suck. Are you sure you have the new proxies4 and you don't like their handling?
Old 06-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Casper Killer

Send a message via AIM to BLKSVX92 Send a message via Yahoo to BLKSVX92
work emotions....yummmmmmmy

1992 SVX Build 4/91 SOLD TO gsodonis
2002 Civic Si SOLD
2005 Lancer Evolution VIII TRADED
2008 STi
Old 06-10-2004, 02:03 PM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
Quote:
Originally posted by arondale

Now, the Proxies FX4...totally different tire. They absolutely suck. Are you sure you have the new proxies4 and you don't like their handling?
wow, big time "my b". I read your post too quickly and thought you had the FX4s. I have the FX4s, they came with the car. I retract my previous statement, and now I adore everything about your car . I'm wearing the FX4s down as fast as I can so I can make them into screw tires for ice racing next season. it'll give me an excuse to get something nicer for next spring .

those wheels are quickly becoming my first choice for when I select my next set of wheels. they really look nice with the red.

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k