Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Thumbs up Got up close and personal to the STi today!

Got in to the NAIAS for an Industry Preview. Got to see a lot of great stuff up close. The STi was great. The Lancer EVO was very cool as well. As it was a preview, not much printed info was up and the talking heads weren't yet available. The Subaru stand has a nice moving cutaway of the EZ30 and a complete drivetrain of the WRX (Euro spec, 4 pot front calipers) on display.

On a side note, I found out today that my dad might be interested in playing with an SVX. I mentioned a low mileage one I found recently and he was genuinely interested. The man has never (until yesterday when he bought a new Accord for my mother) been interested in a foreign car. Kind of caught me by surprise!

Todd
Old 01-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So how did you sneek in?
Old 01-09-2003, 07:51 PM
alacrity024

sometimes i catch myself thinking: "geeze.. so many sweet cars coming off the lines these days.. why is it that I still like Subaru the best?"

and then I remember..

pancake motors

god they're so cool

-adam
Old 01-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I'm also going to have to assume that this will probably be the most expensive Subaru on North American soils.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:06 PM
FifthElement

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
I'm also going to have to assume that this will probably be the most expensive Subaru on North American soils.
Nope. The SVX still holds that crown, if you know what I mean.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Meow!

Quote:
Originally posted by FifthElement

Nope. The SVX still holds that crown, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, yeah...but I'm only referring to purchase price. I'm not including TCO with all the trannies, bearings and rotors.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
Yeah, yeah...but I'm only referring to purchase price. I'm not including TCO with all the trannies, bearings and rotors.
the STi is supposed to be around $30k. the SVX was more than that "back in the day."

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-10-2003, 05:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
it will never be as technology advanced as the svx, nor it wil ever be as good looking eather..

does a 10 year old wrx or imrpezza looks as good as a 10 year svx..

all i have to say is svx styling is sophisticated..unique and damm right sexy =>
Old 01-10-2003, 06:30 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Damn straight...i agree with that 100% solar, there is nothing as refreshing as the SVX's is. Just yesterday i was asked how much the "Widebody" kit cost for my car...SVXs dont look that wide do they? I must say, i never noticed the fender flares as mch until someone pointed them out... But then again if you compare it to some honda civic the kid was driving i guess it is.
phil
Old 01-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
it will never be as technology advanced as the svx, nor it wil ever be as good looking eather..
ok, SVX wins the beauty contest, but the STi has:

High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights

Active Valve Control System (AVCS)

Full-time All-Wheel Drive (AWD) with Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD)

Super Sport Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)

manual water spray additional cooling for the intercooler

window-in-window and wipers that park higher for winter aren't exactly a technological tour-de-force. i'd have to say that the STi brings a lot more technology to the table than the SVX did. it was impressive in its time, but the STi has it beat in the high tech dept. how could it NEVER be as advanced? if the SVX prototype show car went straight to production you would have an argument, but unfortunately, it didn't.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:24 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
ten years from now it will more then show its age....does the SVX? no Thats all im saying. Technology will awlays go but to style a car out of the loop is to do somthing that will stand the test of time.
phil
Old 01-11-2003, 06:59 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
ten years from now it will more then show its age....does the SVX? no Thats all im saying. Technology will awlays go but to style a car out of the loop is to do somthing that will stand the test of time.
phil
i SAID the SVX wins the beauty contest. it does show its age, just not as obvious as most cars of the early nineties.
i didn't say anything about the SVX not being stylish - i was responding to Solar's comment about technology.

Old 01-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

I see it this way, the SVX is a big touring car, lots of fun and very refined inside and out. The STi is a fast very fun play car, fun off the line, on the dirt road, around little curvy roads, but on the interstate a noisy box with half the looks and not as smooth or refined. So ill just take one of each
If i had the money right now i would give up the SVX for one but that is cause i would love a little more power and such and a manual for sure. The SVX is one of the coolest cars ever and i will prolly always own one though.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
I see it this way, the SVX is a big touring car, lots of fun and very refined inside and out. The STi is a fast very fun play car, fun off the line, on the dirt road, around little curvy roads, but on the interstate a noisy box with half the looks and not as smooth or refined. So ill just take one of each
If i had the money right now i would give up the SVX for one but that is cause i would love a little more power and such and a manual for sure. The SVX is one of the coolest cars ever and i will prolly always own one though.
i drove the wife's WRX the other night to pick up my SVX i left in the subway parking lot (went to hockey game right from work - damn Penguins!) i jumped out of the WRX right into the SVX. i'll have to say, after a quick comparison like that, the SVX feels like a FAT pig. sorry, but its true. while the SVX is a good looking all-around performer, the WRX kills it in handling, braking, and acceleration. i think her platinum silver WRX is a nice looking car - its a little more noisy than the SVX, but i wouldn't call it unrefined. there's an STi in my future, when the SVX "gives it up." ......or maybe a Legacy B4

Old 01-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

As in unrefined, where is the leather interior hehe. I know the SVX is a Fat beast, no pig -too good looking for that hehe. My other car weighs nearly half the SVX. I would love the handleing of the STi though, looks great if you have the money and i only buy cars with cash. Looks like i have a possible buyer of my current SVX but ill just get another in a different color though.