Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-26-2002, 01:50 PM

Sequential VIN #'s?

The last eight digits of my '96's VIN # are TH100795. I've always wanted to know where #'s 794 and 796 are. Can anyone help? I'm located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and my SVX is a Canadian spec car with all the Transport Canada stickers. Does anyone know whether the cars came off the line in a sequence destined for particular markets (so for example all cars going to Canada were #'s 795 through, say 825), or was each car built to a particular country's spec on an individual basis?

Just curious.
Chris.
2007 Mercedes Benz B200T
2003 Porsche Boxster
Old 12-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Boone

Hmm... I'm TH100753, first registered as a lease in Orlando, FL. Boone (jus fillin in the pieces)

ooh, ooh ... and you're really an LSi.

Last edited by Boone; 12-26-2002 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-26-2002, 03:07 PM
Green1995SVX

I have number SH00081, and number SH00080 is on ebay right now!! It is identical to mine... i bet the ones on either side of your number are identical. Another note, number 80 is here in Pittsburgh also... I bet the ones around yours as also somewhere in Alberta.

Mike
Old 12-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

SVX search

If you give me the whole vins I can run 'em at work and at least give you the last state they were titled in and the title #. DMVs are very nice if you want to go further and find the name on the title. Some people might think its weird and your a stalker though.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:17 PM

Mike: Ah, ha! You're assuming that I actually bought the car (new?) in Alberta? No, mine was a long drawn out search for that rare used CDN SVX. Althought there seem to be quite a few SVX's here in Edmonton (as well as in Calgary), I couldn't find one that met all my requirements. My car was a leased vehicle out of Quebec City, then was auctioned to a dealer in Ontario. An accountant in Toronto purchased it and babied it for a couple of years. I cashed in some excess air miles and flew out to Toronto to have a look and an inspection, purchased it and had it rail freighted out west. A bit of a gamble as most westerners believe all eastern cars are disintegrating from rust, but I had it thoroughly checked out and have no problems at all.
Anyway, 794 & 796 may be somewhere in Quebec. And yes, for all intensive purposes, mine is an LSI. CDN spec cars got the heated front seats, but not the pesky security system. In fact, in my car you can see that the factory system was at least partially installed, then literally snipped out, leaving only an actuator under the hood. Any other CDN owners find the same?
2007 Mercedes Benz B200T
2003 Porsche Boxster
Old 12-27-2002, 02:06 AM

mine is sh100343. and benebob, how will u go about checking someones vin #'s. Which site do u use or where do u go? and is it free?
Old 12-27-2002, 06:45 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

checking the vin

I have access to Autocheck at work (kinda like the carfax for professionals). Definately not free but you can find out everything down to how many parking tickets most cars have gotten. Car fax is I think $10 for a 30 access though.