IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
Re: Hypothesis: Hyundai Elantra drivers are complete f***tards

hahahahahaha I'm just giving you crap Tom. A Corolla is what it is...4 wheels and a box to sit in.

Thats funny that it only goes 96....ours goes faster

I'd drive my German crap any day over something British. My car has this habit everyday of starting when I ask it to. (something something most reliable vehicle is 40 years old something something)

If Ben puts a hitch on that car I am going to buy it a set of nads to hang from the back end. Cat balls
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90 View Post

I'd drive my German crap any day over something British. My car has this habit everyday of starting when I ask it to. (something something most reliable vehicle is 40 years old something something)

If Ben puts a hitch on that car I am going to buy it a set of nads to hang from the back end. Cat balls
Remember, my car isn't at the garage nor has it spent as much time as yours has at the garage.

It doesn't need a set of nads to hang from the back end, it has its balls up front as evidenced here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkM7PhvxMkY Not too bad for a car platform designed around the same time as the 2nd generation BRAT. Unlike your tow vehicle this Jags balls aren't a strap on set, you know "it isn't a choice, its just built that way" strap and all.

Oh and yes the hitch is on the way. Class 2 hitch to top it off. That way I can tow your German crap to the garage for ya.

Last edited by benebob; 07-30-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Soobologist

Registered SVX

all that video proves is that the BMW can corner better
Old 07-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm the anti-do-gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Ugh FML. Brought the M5 in for service to a dealer today and needed a loaner while she is in... Hoping to get a 335i and thinking...worst I can do is a 325... They gave me a rental... 2010 Toyota Corolla...

There is nothing about this car that is nice... Not even good... Its just all bad. It does have a big trunk, I could potentially kill 10 hookers and stash their bodies in there quite easily though... So I guess there is an up note to this pile of plastic and glass

Tom
It's funny how some people think that "nothing about this car that is nice" I guess one person every 40 seconds is not wise for choosing the best selling and one of the most reliable cars EVER made. It's really not fair to compare a BMW to a Corolla anyway.

From Wiki:

The Toyota Corolla is a line of subcompact/compact cars manufactured by the Japanese automaker Toyota, which has become very popular throughout the world since the nameplate was first introduced in 1966. In 1997, the Corolla became the best selling nameplate in the world, with over 35 million sold as of 2007.[2] Over the past 40 years, one Corolla car has been sold on average every 40 seconds.[3] The series has undergone several major redesigns.

Although I think 10 hookers would for sure make the tailpipe drag!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
all that video proves is that the BMW can corner better
Actually not, if you look at the line the R is taking a tighter line on all tbut one of he turns but I will admit that it is provides the least amount of feedback of all the inspected vehicles in the driveway.

Last edited by benebob; 07-30-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:29 PM

Regardless of the type of car... I've always found that anyone driving slower than me is a freakin' moron and anyone going faster is a blooming idiot!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Wouldn't know, I haven't taken anything I own to a "sercive center in 9 years but then again I don't drive slow, unreliable German crap like you and Matt.

Just think, you only paid $1k less for your car sitting getting control arms then I did for all 6 vehicle sitting at my house and you still can't beat one of them to 0-100 or for that matter from 100-0 even with an extra 20 horses, a manual tranny, 300 less lbs. You are right about one thing, I too like nice things and the best part about having nice things is having nice things that I don't need to take to the dealer only to have to complain about the rental they gave you. I drove my 80k car today. How about you? BTW I did order a trailer hitch for it yesterday. What can your M5 tow? 1 set of golf clubs?
Oh gosh... Ben Ben Ben... The 5 will take down any of your cars... The TVR might take it around a go-kart track, but thats where that ends The Jag... how do I sum this up... Until they came out with the XK they have been living a decade behind in technology and style. I will leave it at that.

Simple fact about the Corolla. There are not drivers out there anymore... Every 40 seconds someone looks for a box with 4 wheels... consequently each one of those times someone does this, they sign away any chance of having any fun with the car. My M5 is incredibly reliable. It is 10 years old has 80k on it. runs like a top and on top of all that will demolish 90% of the cars on the road today. It is an absolute pleasure to drive whether it be around the corner or across a couple states. I mean hell, if the british could even contemplate that kind of car...ever... I might consider one as my next purchase

Tom
Old 08-02-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Oh gosh... Ben Ben Ben... The 5 will take down any of your cars... The TVR might take it around a go-kart track, but thats where that ends The Jag... how do I sum this up... Until they came out with the XK they have been living a decade behind in technology and style. I will leave it at that.

Tom
The XK came out in 97 and my new one is 6 years newer. I have 100 more hp and 120 more pound feet then the XK.. oh and I'm only adding about 100lbs over your average SVX. It has been g teched from the side of the road at under 5 seconds to 60 with stability control on! You won't begin catching up until about 100. That is provided you do get it out of the stearership.

There is one area Jaguar can't touch BMW in and that is gas mileage. Guess the M5 is the Corolla of the Lux sedans. That's fine, I'll take speed over mileage any day.

What you don't understand is EVERY Jaguar has style. It doesn't look like every other silver car on the road and is instantly recognizable. The last BMW to have style was the 507 but that was mostly because they used an AC Ace for their inspiration.

Congrats on your mileage beater. Might want to try racing a prius.. If your lucky you might get to eat your words and your car payment in September.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
The XK came out in 97 and my new one is 6 years newer. I have 100 more hp and 120 more pound feet then the XK.. oh and I'm only adding about 100lbs over your average SVX. It has been g teched from the side of the road at under 5 seconds to 60 with stability control on! You won't begin catching up until about 100. That is provided you do get it out of the stearership.

There is one area Jaguar can't touch BMW in and that is gas mileage. Guess the M5 is the Corolla of the Lux sedans. That's fine, I'll take speed over mileage any day.

What you don't understand is EVERY Jaguar has style. It doesn't look like every other silver car on the road and is instantly recognizable. The last BMW to have style was the 507 but that was mostly because they used an AC Ace for their inspiration.

Congrats on your mileage beater. Might want to try racing a prius.. If your lucky you might get to eat your words and your car payment in September.

So what are the stats on the jag? Bench racing is fun

Tom
Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
So what are the stats on the jag? Bench racing is fun

Tom
Exactly the same as your gen M5. That is when it isn't in the shop getting a new pair of Oakleys fitted. That's assuming the BMW driver can (or shall we say is prepared to pay) for a proper launch, You still haven't committed to the Merc club in NJ yet. Won't your car be fixed by then?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Soobologist

Registered SVX

Quote:
What you don't understand is EVERY Jaguar has style.
I think not... Style not found.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:48 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

I honestly miss my corolla since it was my less than $1k utility vehicle. I threw my surfboards/snowboards in. I drove it into manhattan and parallel parked it anywhere I pleased. I'd load it up with groceries, hit surrounding shpping carts that I deemed as in the way. I've even trapped opposums and groundhogs and then proceeded to put the trap in the trunk,drive 5 miles and let them go. How many of you would do that with your svx, bmw or jag?
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Exactly the same as your gen M5. That is when it isn't in the shop getting a new pair of Oakleys fitted. That's assuming the BMW driver can (or shall we say is prepared to pay) for a proper launch, You still haven't committed to the Merc club in NJ yet. Won't your car be fixed by then?
Ouchies... Its too bad it doesn't stack up... More power out of an N/a engine, std gearbox because thats what real cars should have, better handling, and the looks.... oh theres that

I don't use duct tape and wd40 to fix my cars and quite honestly don't feel like working on it myself right now, so off to service for proper repair

Tom
Old 08-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Hater

Quote:
I think not... Style not found.

that's hot!

i'll raise you:

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
that's hot!

i'll raise you:

At least they had a v12 in them... something worth the hassle of such an hideous car

Tom