SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Hater

Re: Its Ricetastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoni View Post
oh im sorry i meant to say that any modification other then rims, koni's, exhaust, mt swap, or the acylone badge is rice(most of which effect the performance 0%).those who disagree with this statement need to open their eyes alittle wider! I love how alot of the people on this forum talk about how they drive this car because it is unique, but they refuse to do any modification outside of these.(insert your own lemming comment here)

i understand the people who want to keep there svxii "PURE" how it was manufactured. I have much respect for these people. But some of us dont want to be generic... i know thats why i bought this car in the first place.

im just tired of the rice comments, this forum is flooded with them. I wish people on here would be a little more opened minded or keep their mouths shut(please no amendment bs). All these rice comments are discouraging peoples individuality, one of these people might have an amazing mod but none of us will ever see it because they dont want to waste their time reading anti rice comments on their post.

Im sorry if i offended any of you acylone badge bbs rim svx owners just stating my observations!
thats the end of my ranting... for now

Ricey McRicer!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
I kill more trannies then god

to give a serious answer form a not serious person.

Rice is doing something tasteless, like putting a gigantic wing that destroys the cars lines on a car. puttying stupid amounts of stickers on a car. not like i put a centerforce sticker on my car to go with my lightweight flywheel, but like if i put 50 toyota racing devision, honda mugen stickers on my cavalier congrats your a ricer. i'm to tried to go on with this now. or $10,000 in tastless body modifications that add enought weight that your car will lose to a car with a stock configuration.

also anthony buichannon only got so much flak for his wing, because he tried to make evrey one think the same as him
Old 05-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

I honestly partly agree with the everyone calling every mod idea rice. I personally have posted quite a few ideas about things that were not super over done rice tastic functionless wings or overdone overly huge body kits and got the rice thrown at me. I think there could be some toning down of the hate... just my 2 cents
Old 05-12-2009, 07:43 AM

hey if you want to call my car ricey its fine with me. it dont bother me. but like johnybeas said just tone it down. Not every one wants to get slammed by all the negative comments.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 AM

sorry about the thread jack by the way
Old 05-12-2009, 10:08 AM

Anthonybuchanan got so much flak mainly because he was an a**hole. He couldn't take constructive criticism and was determined that HE was right and EVERYONE ELSE was horribly wrong.

That being said, I still haven't decided how I feel about the "rice wars". I personally feel that in the end its your car, and you're the one spending the money on it, so who's to tell you what you should or shouldn't do to your own car. But then again, I do hate seeing such a beautiful specimen as the SVX with tasteless mods done to it. Most of what I've seen on this site has been very tastefully done up to this point.

I guess it all just boils down to opinion.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Onetrack Send a message via AIM to Onetrack Send a message via MSN to Onetrack Send a message via Skype™ to Onetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeJaye View Post
That being said, I still haven't decided how I feel about the "rice wars". I personally feel that in the end its your car, and you're the one spending the money on it, so who's to tell you what you should or shouldn't do to your own car. But then again, I do hate seeing such a beautiful specimen as the SVX with tasteless mods done to it. Most of what I've seen on this site has been very tastefully done up to this point.

I guess it all just boils down to opinion.
Bingo.. this

You nailed it ayejaye.. if you look at the pix I posted, especially the poser mobile (which had to have been a joke as no-one in their right mind would look at that and go coooooooooool). Tasteless wings, tacky addons, stickers (just look at my avatar - 87 1.0l sprint with magnaflow stickers ; etc don't add much to the car, on the contrary they detract. It is the end users car, and if they spend 10k on a body kit just to have their license plate crooked like that blue civic above.. then great.. i guess.

Their money, their car.. my svx externally is stock.. and thats the way I'll keep it, internally i've redone wiring, added a quick change kit, put in a jvc head unit and am currently working on a carpc which i'll put in as soon as my touch screen arrives.

I wouldn't call that rice, but that 2' wing from a superbird? rice all the way.

Heres the larger version of the sprint

coilmaster.. eibach, genki, aem, magnaflow, federal - the front and the hood were covered in stickers too..
it had 4 point harnesses.. and it was done for fun - to make a 200.00 car laughably more so..
I even had a big STI KILLER on the front

That little bugger got us 300 km to the rally, did 1000km on hard driving gravel and then got us home again..
it had about 274k km on it after the rally and the transmission was shot (no first or 5th gear) - much fun to beat
up an ol peice of crap like that

Heres the vid for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DRXTIhI6dI

Last edited by Onetrack; 05-12-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX

Rice, to me, is tasteless or poorly done mods. These rarely ever add any real performance value.

Now MY taste may be nasty to you. I'm an old school hot rodder. I follow Chip Foose for inspiration. As designers go He's pretty dadgum good. Gugario he's not, but he's no Chris Bangle either. I like the idea of knockoff Halibrand wheels, and some small ghost flames on an SVX. No, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's not the community's car either. No, I'm not upping the performance, I DRIVE my car. Stock works too well.

Would these things be Rice? Really? ya think? Oh well, guess I'll hafta keep me some Uncle Bens on hand for any meets

So, Rice Bashers, you know who you are, is the SVX PACE CAR RICE? The mods add no extra performance. The decals aren't Subaru, or even Subaru related. I'm not saying that the Pace Car isn't well done, far from it, but is it TASTEFUL?

Everyone needs to get a firm grip on thier self esteem. If you ask wether someone likes a mod, and they shout RICE from the rafters. They are stating thier opinion. Oh, you don't agree with thier opinion? Well gee whiz , IGNORE IT!! Don't bash back, just go on with YOUR car.

Enjoy the hobby, enjoy YOUR car, and most of all enjoy your life!!

EDIT: Oh BTW I'm DIGGIN that Sprint. That's some funny stuff there!!
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.

Last edited by crazyhorse; 05-12-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

I took this pic on my old camera phone...I saw this gem in a parking lot. The quality of the pic may suck, but there's no mistaking the giant "TOYOTA CORALLA" on the sides, in between the fake chrome trim on the wheelwells The thing that gets me about it - I still don't get how he managed to spell it wrong. You think he'd at least double check the spelling before displaying it in 6" high letters on the sides...

Old 05-12-2009, 08:18 PM

Umm... I think you forgot to link to the pic...

Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 PM

And now its there. Weird...

Carry on!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeJaye View Post
Umm... I think you forgot to link to the pic...

Heh...so you caught that I edited immediately after I posted, once I realized I initially forgot the pic...
Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
building more AK47's

I say we have a contest and see who can "create" the best rice car!
Heres the rules:
$1000 spending cash-includes car
Mods must be done "ricefully" not tasteful or purposeful
You must come up with your own label-for example GTR, SVT, Nismo-you get the point.
Wood screws, duct tape, wood glue, fixident or whatever you can use to attach your "mods" are allowed.
Fictional HP, quarter mile times, top speed must be within reason-No Star Trek warp speeds
Oh and post a damn picture
Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black88GTA View Post
I took this pic on my old camera phone...I saw this gem in a parking lot. The quality of the pic may suck, but there's no mistaking the giant "TOYOTA CORALLA" on the sides, in between the fake chrome trim on the wheelwells The thing that gets me about it - I still don't get how he managed to spell it wrong. You think he'd at least double check the spelling before displaying it in 6" high letters on the sides...

I have this car in red
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 05-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx View Post
I say we have a contest and see who can "create" the best rice car!
Heres the rules:
$1000 spending cash-includes car
Mods must be done "ricefully" not tasteful or purposeful
You must come up with your own label-for example GTR, SVT, Nismo-you get the point.
Wood screws, duct tape, wood glue, fixident or whatever you can use to attach your "mods" are allowed.
Fictional HP, quarter mile times, top speed must be within reason-No Star Trek warp speeds
Oh and post a damn picture

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: