Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Count me in ........
1. SVXCESS
2. Larry III & the Beautiful Naviguesser
3. Budfreak & Mrs.Budfreak(For as long as I'm breathing)
4. Tigershark (hopefully driving my own Porsche next year)
5. CigarJohnny and PTJackie
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 04-27-2006, 07:25 PM
hophead

Count me in for VIII

Hi all, count me in for the next Reading meet even if my 92 has bit the dust by then. I had a great time last weekend meeting you all. Got an appointment for new rear bearings next week and plan on a trans cooler in the next few weeks.

Fred
Old 04-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Got You Signed Up

Fred,
I have you on the list now ..... as Number 8. Keep track of the thread in the coming year so you can make hotel reservations, etc. Great to have you onboard the Network!!

1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
Old 04-27-2006, 10:44 PM
no limitation as limitation

1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
9. MatthewMongan and April (Mongan, by then)
Old 04-28-2006, 03:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Mathew,

So, April and you are planning to motor down the aisle. Where are you two registered? I hope that you have already chosen the SVX pattern for your fine china and silver.
Personally, Rosie and I like the bordeaux pearl against bone white on the china and the barcelona red for the cut crystal.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:19 PM
no limitation as limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII
Mathew,

So, April and you are planning to motor down the aisle. Where are you two registered? I hope that you have already chosen the SVX pattern for your fine china and silver.
Personally, Rosie and I like the bordeaux pearl against bone white on the china and the barcelona red for the cut crystal.
well she likes the outbacks so i imagine we will get a two tone color patern, forest green and champagine.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
post tax season please

Tom
Old 05-13-2006, 10:25 PM

Why couldn't reading be a couple weeks later, I'd LOVE to go next year, but April is the end of the school year for most university student, end of year = exam, EXAMS + STUDYING = NO TIME FOR A ROAD TRIP

I would like to propose that Reading were on a long weekend perhaps, I'm not sure what long weekends you have in the states, but May long weekend for us is next weekend, and that's the exact weekend when :
A) Drag racing opens
B) Cruise night begins
C) Auto-X season opens

Not only that, but I would be driving down with Dave aka Earthworm, his girlfriend, and possibly his dad, so it's not just me. I'm sure there's others here in Canada that would rather wait for good weather to travel the highways. April is always hit and miss, usually all slushy, roads are full of salt, plus lots of rain/hail season too.

I think that it just makes more sense, and the weather is much nicer and more predictable, i.e. highways are more fun to travel in good weather. Also I am parking my SVX this winter, and I am not taking it out till it's nice out again.

Just a tought, I know it doesn't really matter thought because I am a fairly new member and have never gone to Reading. Just wish I would have a chance.
-Polyurethene swaybar bushings
-iRotor Drilled/Slotted zinc plated rotors, ceramic disc pads, stainless steel braided blue covered brake lines, powder coated calipers.
Soon - Custom Headers, Cold Air Intake, and Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
*New addition*2000 Volkswagon Golf TDi
(don't worry, it's my new winter beater, gives me more money in my pocket(less gas) and I can park my car for longer periods of time giving me time to work on it and less damage to the SVX from winter driving)
Old 06-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Exclamation Reading 8: Call from Morgantown HI

URGENT ISSUE: TIME-SENSITIVE

I just got a call from Tia Jones, Group Sales manager for the Morgantown Holiday Inn. She was asking if we knew what the dates were for Reading VIII.

She assumed it would be around the same time as last year when she called me. The purpose of hercall was to let me know that a large group was beginning to book for the weekend of April 20-22, 2007.

As a courtesy, before she did anything further with that group, she wanted to let her "historical" groups have the first preferences. The hotel rates for Reading VIII would be locked in at $72.00/night, plus tax. This is $3.00/night above last year's rate.

I know that this is really early in the game, but I can secure a room contract for 35 rooms. The problem is that the another group may take up any additional rooms we may need. Should I bump it up tp 40? (35 twin queen beds and 5 kings)

We have to act very quickly if we want to do this. Please give me some immediate input!

On a somewhat related note, we may have this same problem with hotels if we decide to go back to Lafayette in 2007.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 06-20-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Book it, you know we will fill it

Tom
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

My instincts tell me to just go ahead and confirm over the phone now for 40 rooms. That gives the hotel time to get a contract to me and sign it. Things really aren't official until they get a signed contract back.

In the meantime I can get more feedback here.

Start thinking about what to do for the 15th...

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Old 06-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

My instincts tell me to just go ahead and confirm over the phone now for 40 rooms. That gives the hotel time to get a contract to me and sign it. Things really aren't official until they get a signed contract back.

In the meantime I can get more feedback here.

Start thinking about what to do for the 15th...

Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Exclamation Hotel Update

IT'S DONE!

I just got off the phone with Sydney at Morgantown. She is reserving a block of rooms for us over the phone and has emailed me the contract, as well as mailing a hard copy.

Here are the essentials:

Reading 8 Dates: Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 22, 2007

A block of 40 rooms has been reserved for us. There are 35 rooms with 2 queen beds and 5 king suites. The rate for either is $72.00/night plus 11% tax, for a total of $79.92/night.

The dining room will again be open for lunch on Saturday as it was last year.

There are two other groups starting to book for that weekend. One is taking about 50 rooms and the NHRA (National Hot Rod Association) is taking about 30. They will be here for events at the Maple Grove Raceway (more motorheads... woohoo!)

Sydney says that as our block starts to fill up, she can add additional rooms if we need them, as long as they are available. The only way we can be assured of that is to confirm early if you even think you might go. Your CC will not be charged until you arrive and you can always cancel at the last minute. If you commit enough put your name on the signup sheet, then be prepared to call the hotel after they receive the signed contract.

The reservation phone numbers for the Morgantown Holiday Inn are:

Toll-free: (800) 339-0264
Local: ....(610) 286-3000
Fax .......(610) 286-1920

The last date for reservation cutoff of the remaining, unconfirmed rooms in the block is Friday, March 20, 2007 at 4:00PM. The leftover rooms will be returned to the general availibility pool and any reservations made after this date are honored on a space-available basis, and not necessarily at the original group rate.

The current hotel contract for Reading VIII can be seen in the Word attachment in this post.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Reading VIII Contract 2007.doc (79.0 KB, 245 views)

Last edited by svxcess; 01-28-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:24 AM
unkle worn

Send a message via AIM to sjlwel
Reading viii

You are really organizing early this year! We don't need the hotel reservation as we have always been "commuters" but we enjoy and appreciate all the effort needed to get this together. Being fairly close to Morgantown, if you need me to do something (that does not require pulling out SVX innards), let me know. Sandy

1. SVXCESS
6. svxxx26
7. newsvx
8. hophead
9. MatthewMongan and April (Mongan, by then)
10. Sandy and Unkle Worn
Old 06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Well done, John - as usual, you are well on top of things.

I have not been online to to being just too busy to even get on the computer much, but as soon as you let us know when to make reservations, I'll be calling.

Thanks for doing all of this!!
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: