Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is there anything you would add to this "Kit"?
Yes, you are missing some important things 4 80.00%
No, Looks good to me! 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
OverHaul Kit

This is the as-so-far compiled list of what service I will be doing on my svx coming soon. My car is at 160k with a 70k 4.11 tranny to keep in mind.
Let me know if I am missing anything, or if something really isnt neccesary. I might pull the engine to do it all at once. Thanks!

Spark Plugs
Vacuum Lines (spelling?)
Seals (cam, rear, front)
PVC valve
Belts
A/C idler Pulley
All Fluids back to synthetic
  • Gear Fluid
  • Transmission
  • Engine Oil
  • Radiator Flush
A/C Refill/exchange
EGR?
Gaskets?
Add Trans Filter, Cooler
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 02-21-2006, 02:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
hows the suspension and bushings and all that good stuff? ball joints, control arms that sort of think. Just some suggestions.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by want-a-fast-svx
hows the suspension and bushings and all that good stuff? ball joints, control arms that sort of think. Just some suggestions.
I'm not sure...I don't really know what to check or how to check it...good suggestion though
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).

Old 02-21-2006, 03:20 PM

the ball joints you want to check and see if the rubber is still "full looking" and the rubber isnt cracked and no grease is coming out of them. They are at the bottom of the lower control arm and are ~50.00 or so and very easy to replace. The tie rods your looking for the same type of thing no cracks and still full of grease. You can try to shake the wheel while its in the air and look for play in any of the suspension components on the side of the car your working on. *make sure the vehicle is supported* any slop should be evident by looking at the suspension while moving the tire side to side and up and down. I believe there is talk that the rear diff mount cracks over time, i havent checked mine but im sure its on its way out might be worth a check. The sway bar bushings in the front would be a good thing to check to. I know my driverside is gone and makes some nice sounds when you hit bumps in the road. These are just rubber towards the middle of the front of the car one on both sides of the front of the engine. Look for and overly worn rubber or looseness or lack of a bushing in my case. Hope these help you out and if you have any questions just ask im sure if i cant explain or help you ssome of the much more svx' savy vets. here can. Hopefully you wont need much of those. Nothing too crazy expensive in the list thats always good.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Seems to be good, depends how far you want to go

For the record this is a ball joint in need of replacment

This is a new one

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 02-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JJ-
Seems to be good, depends how far you want to go

For the record this is a ball joint in need of replacment

This is a new one

Is it because the first one is all compressed?

Old 02-23-2006, 01:19 PM

Yup sure is That second one isnt compressed because there is supposed to be grease in that area.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:20 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
I'm not sure...I don't really know what to check or how to check it...good suggestion though
When I was under your car, ALL of the suspension was perfect!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 02-23-2006, 01:24 PM

there ya go dont see why that would of changed unless it was some time ago. Good news for you
Old 02-23-2006, 01:42 PM
There's a storm coming.

Of course the 15 minute, $15 mod and poly bushings could not hurt.

Unless we allready did them and I just can't remember.

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 02-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Speaking of which Tom, I need to set a shop date to have a small test drive and maybe have a few things evaluated. Also, big time, if there is anything you notice that you think i might need or could just use, please include it here, since my car has exposed herself to you!

Old 02-23-2006, 02:30 PM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
Speaking of which Tom, I need to set a shop date to have a small test drive and maybe have a few things evaluated. Also, big time, if there is anything you notice that you think i might need or could just use, please include it here, since my car has exposed herself to you!
Now that you mention it, those huge 18" wheels are screaming for a Big Brake Kit!
As allways, safety first, your Honor!

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 02-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Locker Link Solution

oil pump
+o ring
water pump
+t-stat
if they are the originals.

also good to replace all those hoses that run through and under the intake manifold. mbtoloczko has a great section in his locker. http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?mbtoloczko|29122

change tranny filter?
diff oil?
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Now the newly pertinent question is where do I find all of these goodies for the best price?

Old 02-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Valve cover seals adn bolt washers

Tom