How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-31-2005, 04:10 PM
building more AK47's

Katrina and gas prices

HERE WE GO! Local gas prices in middle tennessee hit 3.39 for reg and Ive heard its as high as 5.57 in Atlanta. Rumors of gas rationing 2/3rds of the nation and the poor people in New Orleans, Mississippi and Alabama. Everyone pray for those people as Ive also heard no food,water,shelter,etc. Amazing that one hurricane could possibly bring America to a halt.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:19 PM
SVXtra

The recent hurricane has brought much of Louisiana to a halt but not the rest of America. And is to blame for this week's up surge in gas prices. But in truth, the burden many Americans are experiencing with rising gas prices have been caused in large part by a presidential administration that has its energy policy formed in the corporate board rooms of the major oil company's. Who also just happen to be the Bush administration largest campain contributors of soft [unregulated] campaign funds. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited by SVXtra; 08-31-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXtra
But in truth, the burden many Americans are experiencing with rising gas prices have been caused in large part by a presidential administration that has its energy policy formed in the corporate board rooms of the major oil company's. Who also just happen to be the Bush administration largest campain contributors of soft [unregulated] campaign funds. Coincidence? I think not.

Please get your facts straight, oil was the SECOND leading contibutor of soft funds to the Bush administration. It, however, was first by the slimist of margins for both the Democratic and Republican parties as a whole and 4th for the Kerry campaign. Truth be told it actually goes back to the policies of Reagan, Bush #1 and to some extent to the Clinton admin since the biggest issue with oil is refining it into usable products and these 3 previous administrations totally ignored the issue leaving it as a market controlled rather than of strategic national importance. On average it takes 7 years to build a refinary that is provided there are absolutely 0 issues with zoning or angry neighbors to the proposed site.

Sources are the Republican and Democratic National Committees on the contibution list!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:28 PM
building more AK47's

I agree that our next president should be a blue collar worker who understands the "real America" Not some former oil tycoon looking to profit from it. I curious to see how MR BUSH handles this situation and its related problems along with Iraq. Im sure our troops over there would rather be home helping fellow americans with this disaster rather than some dysfunctional country that should take care of its own problems.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:39 PM
SVXtra

Quote:
the biggest issue with oil is refining it into usable products
The biggest issue with oil is getting it out of the ground.
The seconded biggest issue with oil is transporting it safely to a refinery.

President Bush has received 10 of millions of dollars in additional unregulated funds from major oil company's since the last contribution list was published. So perhaps you should get your facts straight. And perhaps you would also be kind enough to explain Bush's energy policy? There may be one or two of us here who find it amusing.

Last edited by SVXtra; 08-31-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Gas prices.

In Australia I pay A$1.33/ Lt, for 95 octaine, thats US$6.29/USgal. Thats only US$116.37 to fill the tank.

George has done wonders, for the price of gas.

Harvey,

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:08 PM
building more AK47's

But isnt the per capita income for most foriegn countries higher than the US? I am married with 2 children and I make 25k and Im the only one that works. Its payday to payday I have medical insurance but it dont pay much and now riduculous gas prices to further hinder my ability to get to work I feel politicians look out for their "best interest" and toss the working class aside. I know my situation is nothing compared to whats happened on the gulf coast and Im praying for those who have lost everything
Old 08-31-2005, 07:29 PM

Quote:
President Bush has received 10 of millions of dollars in additional unregulated funds from major oil company's since the last contribution list was published. So perhaps you should get your facts straight. And perhaps you would also be kind enough to explain Bush's energy policy? There may be one or two of us here who find it amusing.

And I'm sure he received just as much since then from his other friends just like any other politician has since then. Did I ever say I liked Bush? I think not. This is not a political thing as for nearly 50 years oil has been at the root of politics on both sides so basically he'd be a moron (who wouldn't be elected since common Americans contribute less than a dollar per person to politics annually) if he didn't take money from oil just like Kerry did. Remember, the only choices that didn't take oil money was the Green Party and Liberatarians

I'm just saying unless you can show your source then maybe you should keep to actual facts like I did. The moon might just be made out of cheese but until there is proof why would you believe it? Because someone posted it on the internet?

Last edited by benebob; 08-31-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
And I thought I had it bad at around 2.60 - 2.90.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:01 PM
SVXtra

Here we have an administration that is more willing to tap into the nations strategic petroleum reserve than to call the presidents of big oil together in the white house and ask them to lower there price gouging in our nations interests. The next thing we will see from big oil are the creation of false shortages followed by gas lines intended to drive the prices up even higher. I have numerous references for you benebob but the pages are copyrighted. So out of respect for the author I will not post them but you can easily find the information by doing a simple search at The Center for Public Integrity's web site. The amounts being given to prominent republicans by big oil even in 2004 are shocking. The amounts given to prominent democrats in 2004 pale in compression. Our country is in trouble now. Because we as a nation do not have a coherent energy policy. Or an administration in its second term willing to develope one. Even if its in our nations best interest's. Even if it hurts working family's.

Last edited by SVXtra; 08-31-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Here we have an administration that is more willing to tap into the nations strategic petroleum reserve than to call the presidents of big oil together in the white house and ask them to lower there price gouging in our nations interests. The next thing we will see from big oil are the creation of false shortages followed by gas lines intended to drive the prices up even higher. I have numerous references for you benebob but the pages are copyrighted. So out of respect for the author I will not post them but you can easily find the information by doing a simple search at The Center for Public Integrity's web site. The amounts being given to prominent republicans by big oil even in 2004 are shocking. The amounts given to prominent democrats in 2004 pale in compression. Our country is in trouble now. Because we as a nation do not have a coherent energy policy. Or an administration in its second term willing to develope one. Even if its in our nations best interest's. Even if it hurts working family's.
I read went to your site and NO WHERE ON IT DOES IT SAY THAT OIL IS THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTOR TO BUS because funny thing is it isn't! Just because more money was given to Republicans then Democrats doesn't mean that it isn't the largest contributor to both WHICH IT IS LIKE I STATED, maybe Democrats higher cheaper prostitutes.

Did you know that oil companies make the same per gallon of gas sold for the most part regardless of the price of gas? You're statements are SO way off that maybe you need to take some classes in macro economics to understand what is driving the price of gas up currently. The biggest thing at the moment is PANIC.

My familiy is a working family. Of everybody here I'm probably hurt the most by higher oil and gas prices since I am self employed and NEED (NOT WANT) to drive a truck for work. Do you need to drive an SVX that averages less than the CAFE standand? if so, then why are you complaining about a president who wants to increase that CAFE which Clinton did not? It isn't like you care to conserve now so obviously you expect others to conserve for ya. I just think you're way off base in your blame, the site that you reference is laughable in its integrity just like any other similar site just try using such a site in a real research paper and you'd be laughed off the face of the earth but again it still doesn't say OIL IS BUSH'S #1 contributor but obviously you need to read between the lines of the dubious numbers the site uses and you need to understand the market and how people are acting before jumping to conclusions about an oil policy that I'm sure you haven't even read (it is available you know) but are fine bashing because its the thing to do.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:20 AM

Hey I sent $250.00 to the RED CROSS! There go my front springs! Well let take that back! I found out my wife sent in the money!! Still there go my front springs!!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94svxred
Hey I sent $250.00 to the RED CROSS! There go my front springs! Well let take that back! I found out my wife sent in the money!! Still there go my front springs!!
Did you tell them use it for Katrina? Most people tend to do give to the disaster BUT in essense you'll help out more by giving to the general fund since ALL disasters cost money to the ARC and there still is a very large fund there for 9/11 and Ivan that is money designated only for those events so the ARC can't use it for other stuff. What tends to happen with large scale disasters is that lots of people give but then don't give during the normal campaigns in which they gave in years past so the victims of other hurricanes, fires, floods suffer because of the narrow scope of the giving that has already happened. I spend years working and volunteering for the Red Cross so I'm pretty well versed on the subject. If I didn't have a baby to take care of I'd already be down there for a 3 week trip.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Certified Porschephile

The American Red Cross is my favorite charity. We had a 5 alarm fire here last week, and the local ARC was on scene in less then 2 hours giving out food and water to the displaced residents and us working the scene (fire, police, & ems).
As for gas prices, it amazes me how fast the Bush haters are blaming him for the rise in prices because of a natural disaster. I didn't know Bush could make hurricanes. Maybe he should have used one in Iraq. A guy I work with grew up in a gas station his grandfather and then his dad ran. He said the more gas costs, then less on average the family made. If gas stabilizes around $2.25 for regular it will be along the lines of inflation and rise in domestic earnings. 10 years ago a new Honda cost $15k, I made $25k at my job and gas was $1.25. Now a new Honda Accord cost $25k, I make $55k and gas is $2.50. It just hurts because it rose so fast in such a short time. If it had been going up steadily along with new cars, homes, clothes, and income, it wouldn't have been noticed. And it still costs less then a gallon of milk.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I love how Bush haters blame everything on him, as if he is the first president to have a relationship with corporations.

The reason for oil prices are simple:

Price of crude oil is influenced by oil production, the stock market, and politics.

Gas companies make profit in refining crude oil into gasoline, heating oil, natural gas. They do not profit from crude oil prices. They buy at market prices. Oil companies profit from oil prices. Some corporations own both. Most of them are publicly traded which means that anyone who has a retirement fund, You most likely own stock in oil companies, so you are the evil corporation profiting from higher prices.

Distribution: It costs money to get things from point A to point B.

Taxes: 18-35 cents per gallon goes to federal, federal, and local taxes.

Did you know that when OPEC was first formed, it was run by America? We tried to swindle the oil countries, they figured it out and we have been paying for it ever since.

Personally, I'd want a president that has good relations with the people who control oil production, not a president who chastises them and won't work with them.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: