Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-27-2005, 12:06 AM
ferruccio83

1995 SVX automatic lock problem.

i'm not too sure on where to post this, so here goes:
i'm running in a 1995 SVX-L and my passenger auto. door lock is out of order. eveytime i hit the button on the remote it locks the other, but i don't hear the mechanisim working on the passenger door. i can't seem to get the door all the way off. i want to do it myself. hope someone can give me some advice. and i also noticed that my speaker is literally a pile of dust.
any suggestions on new ones?
thanks a million.
john
Old 01-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Probably a loose connection. There's connectors behind the door panels as well as behind the kick panels on either side. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the connector behind the driver's kick panel.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:43 AM
ferruccio83

sorry i took so long to reply. thanks for the advice. i did try to remove the door panel, but in the middle where the door latch is it won't come loose. i'm afraid to pull any harder. i don't want to cause anymore problems. i know for a fact that my front speakers are past need to be replace. i noticed the cardboard from them was falling off everytime i pulled on the panel. at least i have an excuse to get dome nice infinitys. i'll try again and see if i have any more luck. i did figure that both auto. locks would go out at the same time if it were due to age.
thanks a million!
john
Old 01-31-2005, 05:28 AM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
there is a screw directly underneath the door latch. latch? handle? lifty thing.... whoever replaced the speakers in my doors before I bought the car didn't know that and wasn't as cautious as you, so now mine is just broken off.... jerks....

at any rate glad to see yet another svx owner in San Antonio... we are slowly taking over!

Skip
Old 01-31-2005, 11:21 AM
ferruccio83

do you know how many other svx owners live in san antonio? i've lived here my whole life and surprisinly i haven't seen any other svx's in our area. thanks for the help, when i get the time i'm gonna see if my connection came loose. and while i'm at it i'll throw on some speakers.
john
Old 01-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
If you didn't count 6 screws when taking that panel off then you missed some.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:04 PM

there are three of us on the forum, and we're spotting svxii all over the place, but, most of the owners around here (san antonio, not the forum) seem to be a bit antisocial for some reason...

Skip

what part of town do you live in?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:52 AM
ferruccio83

i'm in hollywood park. closer to the 1604 side. i'm usually on 281 at around 6:45-7:00 am. i'm going to sac. so if you see a green svx that'd be me. i joined the texas impreza owners club on another forum. i'm all about making friends. maybe we could have a meet sometime.
john
Old 02-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
hijack!!!!

i saw a red colored (it wasnt brilliant or barcelona and probably wasnt dark enough to be bordeaux) SVX today im gussing it was custom paint, it was on potranco outside the loop at Tiffany's Cafe. Ferruccio, im out on San Pedro and 410 alot, if you ever see an Ebony around there its most likely me (my tail-pipes give me away pretty easily).

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 02-07-2005, 11:31 AM

well, we need to get together now... I think 3 at a time constitutes a near southern coup.... if we could just get Myetball.....

Skip