Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

i won't enter a battle of wits with an unarmed man, so i'm just going to sit back and watch the idiocy.
Most intelligent post in this thread yet. I'm kicked back in the lazy boy with a glass of merlot for this one.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Hey, that was my original stance as well, but the guy keeps posting more and more, and none of it has any substance, facts, or evidence to back up his claims. I'm sick of it.

- Rob
Old 10-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Your idiocy knows no bounds. I am not debating the matter with ignorant morons such as yourself who have to spend hours of research time just to retort.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
Your idiocy knows no bounds. I am not debating the matter with ignorant morons such as yourself who have to spend hours of research time just to retort.
Isn't spending hours of research in order to write a correct retort completely the opposite of ignorant?

- Rob
Old 10-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by 155mphguy
Buy a car that can actually move from mashin , dead stop.
Don't buy a car that's all mid-range power.Want a 'Kung Fu' car , Get a prelude. My prelude will eat up any damn SVX , any day.
Muscle cars are alright. SVX = Pointless. Only thing that can be done is using a Fuse for 2WD - Pulley Kit , Higher Spark ( Better battery and gold terminals will obviously help. ) Remove the ac unit if you already live in a freezing hell , Thus take it all out , Get a belt for it , Get a performance chip not only for the MAF but for the ECU as well as in Nick's car. , Sugest replacing minor things like water pump for free spin , oil pump for sufficient lubrication. New timing belt , One above OEM rating , Like the one he got , Happens to be 140% stranger than the Subaru OEM one.
Run only 10-30 synthetic. Octance booster ( Or fuel injector cleaner ) Clean them out. If You can't afford new ones. The Intake is a given , Obvioulsly weight reduction with the SVX is limited as it's all steel beaming for safety of the UFO vehicle.

Rims , Tires , A/C unit , If you live in a constant warm climate , Remove the thermostat , Heater core , Seal off ( After flushing ) your heater lines , Automatics - Get transmission cooler , Tighter your bands 1/4 turn. Most of it is minor things. It's easy to get that car to a 14.9 with minimal work. I know cause I did all of it myself. Make sure your belt hasn't jumped a rib ( if you use OEM ) Even 1 degree off will limit you.

Before hand , Nick's SVX couldn't burn out in AWD , But if he mashes now in AWD , Oh yeah , all four will kick. Shortly , In fact we have it video taped. What else is to really say ? May need to adjust your cam bearings as well as they tend to get ever so slightly loose over time.Even an 8th of a turn will suffice.You want your car to go faster ? Put money into it. Don't just rely on a Intake filter to get you running a flat 14. Get rid of all the old **** and start with new. Internal wise. Externals don't matter.Try platinum spark plugs or iridium , Try 8- 10 mm wires , Try a running only 92+ , use octane booster , Use injector cleaners.

It's all the small things people never really pay attention to. Tightening the bands a 1/4 turn ( Do at your own risk , You f_ck up , You lose a transmission , I recommend getting some one who knows what they are doing to do it for you. ) Get rid of the over weight rotors as well , Go for cross drilled. I mean come on..100 bucks here , 200 there..It's not hard. As I said , DOn't rely on a 'K&N' filter to do ****..cept' give you sound. It's 4 a.m , I am tired , Need to pick up the stealth today so , Ja ne, mina-san.

PS , I added pictures of my fiero and a parts listing , Proof , Since we're all 'stupid' and full of 'BS'. That is all.
Oh my What can I say and this guy is NikFu's team mechanic says it all.
Water in the fuel :
Adjust the cam bearings :
Use 8-10 mm plug wires
Adjust all the bands 1/4 turn

Funnest post Ive read in a long time. :
Thanks a lot.
Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by oab_au
Funnest post Ive read in a long time. :
Thanks a lot.
Harvey.
It's funny until you realize that someone could read all their 'tips and advice' and screw up their SVX.

- Rob
Old 10-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
155mphguy, aka "edgo" is my teams personal mechanic......
the team?
http://www.drivenbyboredom.com/bling.htm

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-22-2003, 06:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

It's funny until you realize that someone could read all their 'tips and advice' and screw up their SVX.

- Rob
I'd agree with that claim, but only concerning a couple of their statements. For the most part, the misinformation is harmless.

Water in the fuel? Since he's wrong about it, there's no harm done - he didn't claim that somebody should add water to their fuel, after all.

Thicker plug wires? I suppose somebody might be taken by an unscrupulous vendor selling thicker plug wires, but the reader couldn't really screw up their car. This statement has no basis in reality because, as we all know, the SVX doesn't use high-tension plug wires.

As for adjusting the cam bearings, I'd have to check my manual. But I'm pretty sure that, the bearings being of a cartridge type, there's no adjustment necessary so you could hardly screw anything up.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-22-2003, 06:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

the team?
http://www.drivenbyboredom.com/bling.htm
The stuff of Interweb lore.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-22-2003, 07:04 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by 155mphguy
[B My prelude will eat up any damn SVX , any day.
[/B]
bring it. Ill meet you halfway.
phil

p.s. I have raced,and beating an h22 prelude (jdm swap), LSD trans, 3 puck unsprung clutch. Mid 14 second car.

Last edited by Phast SVX; 10-22-2003 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX

bring it. Ill meet you halfway.
phil
Hahahahaha. True. Phil, maybe we shouldn't be so hard, this is the team mechanic. He drives a fiero, has fuzzy dice, is into type R racing walmart steering wheel covers and floormats, and belives that octane ratings have something to do with water.

- Rob
Old 10-22-2003, 07:50 PM
155mphguy

First of all , I said nothing about water in octane booster , Chicane. You moron. Read it like an adult instead of a child scanning a comic book and trying to pick up on what he thinks is flawed.

Secondly , You guys think a cars performance is based purely on the vehicles cosmetics ?. Now who's retarded. Do I feel like paying 200 dollars for a set of Nismo seat covers ? No. That's plain stupid. Especially when you have other people riding in the car. It usually ends up wasted money as you have to eventually replace it.

Third , I've worked in JDM shops.

Fourth , If you need a 'Manual' to even stay on this level , don't bother , Manuals are just an idiots guide. Purely you're an idiot.

Fifth , I drive more then just a Pontiac Fiero , a 94 Type SH with a H22 , A 1990 with a fully restored and sparkling B20A5 , A fully restored S-10 with a 4.3 vortec engine. The Xt6 were toys.
Lets see , Sold my 69 SS , Had a 72' Chevelle with a 383 stoker.
The list goes on and on.

Sixth , Let's get something straight , That Fiero will blow a vette off the line any day , Even kept up with a 911.

Seventh , If you don't have the intellectual capacity or years of Technical training on Imports and Domestics , Just keep it to yourself. Some one stick a fork in this fool , He's done.

Eigth , If you know nothing about the bands and running bearings of the Automatic transmission , Then keep to yourself.

Nineth , Increased Spark plug wire size allows more adequite flow of electricty to the spark plug , Doesn't matter what vehicle it is. Common sense , catch up or shut up.

Tenth , You want to see my Prelude SH on the track , Come to Las Vegas. I dare you. Embarrass you worse then the glasses and freckles on your face.

Theres a line between nice and stupidity. Obviously it is oblivious to you. Chicane. And if you knew half the **** you were talking about , I bought those Schucks items , Not Wal-Mart ( See you go there a lot though..Haha. ) All in the intentions of slightly beautifying the vehicle for sale as I got tired of it.

Noone here seems to have anything substantial to say , It's all circumstantial bull**** , -Yawns.- You guys are so boring. Oh...You who posted about the cam bearings , If you know how much pressure and force those cams worked under , You wouldn't open your mouth. I suggest from now on , You look up before you step up.Use the net , Like usual. I hope you race faster than you reply.

-Outz.-

BTW - NOS Boy ( Phat SVX ) If you're only running a mid 15 , ( haha. ) You's hella slow dawg. Bring a full tank of NOS , You'll need it to even keep up with my Turbo.

Last edited by 155mphguy; 10-22-2003 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 155mphguy
[B]First of all , I said nothing about water in octane booster , Chicane. You moron. Read it like an adult instead of a child scanning a comic book and trying to pick up on what he thinks is flawed.

I think 155 has confused fuel with Miller Lite.
I use pure Moose Head myself.

Ron (proudly moronic).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:30 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Hey, that was my original stance as well, but the guy keeps posting more and more, and none of it has any substance, facts, or evidence to back up his claims. I'm sick of it.

- Rob
then ignore it. go away.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:35 PM
bthomas

155MPHguy worked in JDM shops? What the heck does that mean? He worked in Japanese Domectic Market shops?? hmm.. only in Japan? Whoopdeedoo, JDM, japanese. Look out now are man has a Pontiac Fiero that keeps up with a 911, BS. Hey guys did I mention i worked in GDM shops. Yea I built fast Mercedes and Beemers. That JDM stuff is pretty ricey in America. He must have gotten his dumb type R stuff from those JDM shops he worked in. They get dumber and dumber with every post. I do not care if you guys think me and Rob are harsh. This is rediculous. Why the hell are they on a SVX board if all they do is trash talk the SVX. Think about it...
Closed Thread