SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2003, 02:30 PM

Re: ooops

Quote:
Originally posted by 01kickerlaidsvx
that was a typo...I'm not that rude or that fast atypist...and I won't cuss or insult no one like that. stereotyping is common but not right..just remember what I said and who said it. I'll bring the topic back up when I get a chance...I have not been on this site in over a year so I knew not that we had a charecter like chic-- it's all good though I took nothing personal. I'M 29 NOT 19..everyone has there favorites. I like royal purple for engine oil and redline for tranny. now your right mobil does have the deep pockets but so what? in texas you go to the tracks and more guys use mobil 1 but the fastest most consistent do not...
justtt checking, didn't want another arsehole who likes to call others names on site, we have enough to deal with

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX

Quote:
that was a typo...I'm not that rude or that fast atypist...and I won't cuss or insult no one like that. stereotyping is common but not right..just remember what I said and who said it. I'll bring the topic back up when I get a chance...I have not been on this site in over a year so I knew not that we had a charecter like chic-- it's all good though I took nothing personal. I'M 29 NOT 19..everyone has there favorites. I like royal purple for engine oil and redline for tranny. now your right mobil does have the deep pockets but so what? in texas you go to the tracks and more guys use mobil 1 but the fastest most consistent do not...
No problem, man. We'll talk about it when you have a chance.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-14-2003, 02:43 PM
01kickerlaidsvx

Cool check this out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot Rod Magazine Endorses Royal Purple Lubricants

"It occurred to us that we've yet to run a test with Royal Purple® oil that didn't result in a power gain—it might be a marginal gain (as with our little Acura Integra), but it's a gain. We've also torn down some of our dyno engines that have been seriously abused, but with Royal P in the pan, the bearings have looked new. So consider this an approval of the company's line of synthetic lubricants with Synerlec. We also like the spray lubricant, and while we can't document any improvements thanks to synthetic wheel-bearing grease, it makes us feel like we're doing the right thing when we pack bearings with that stuff, too."

—David Freiburger, Hot Rod Magazine
I just pulled this off the royalpurple.com website but check into it for yourself cause no matter what is said or debated put it in your car and tell me what u think.. the website back a year ago didn't even have that much info and for my cars in brooklyn I had ti ship to them or bring it myself on a trip out that way and now there are some shope starting to carry it..
Old 10-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Re: let's set the record straight

Mr Pockets: Point taken, but you shall soon see that I was in fact correct, and that Royal Purple will not offer any advantage whatsoever to Mobil 1, etc etc. Truth hurts.

Quote:
all I know is my cars are much quieter.
So the oil makes your car quieter. How engine oil results in a quieter engine? Well, I suppose its a lot quieter than NO oil....but as for different brands, I don't see how it would be 'less noisy' than any other oil. That just doesn't make any sense. That's like saying "Yeah, I put in this transmission fluid and my headlights are brighter now!"

Quote:
my svx is much more responsive
Did you switch weights? Ie, go from 10W30 to 5W30? I don't see how changing to a different oil would affect your engine's response either. Cleaning out your TB might, but changing your oil wouldn't.

Quote:
and my rpm's dropped about 200 or so from 700 r.p.m's to 500 in idle
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh............ okay, the computer controls the cars idle, based off from a bunch of inputs, correct? So how would a different type of oil affect the engine's idle RPM??? IT WOULDNT. EVER.

Quote:
it takes a week of driving and a $28 oil change with atleast 7500-10000 b4 the next oil chg cause ohh my svx doesn't burn-up my royal purple after averaging about 3,000 miles a month.
That's great. Your oil shouldn't be burning up unless your rings are bad. Burning oil is a sign of a worn engine, not bad oil. So again, you are praising something that has nothing whatsoever to do with your oil choice.

Alright, Kicker, this is NOT directed at you, I'm sure you're a fine guy to be around, but I have to get this off my chest.

I CANNOT STAND THIS BULL****. When someone comes in here and makes such STUPID claims like "OMG my SVX runs 14s and I have no mods and my TB is stuck on one side (even though both throttle plates are connected to each other, so its impossible)" ... GO AWAY. Hear me?!

GO AWAY!

And I don't mean forever, and I don't mean go kill yourself, I mean PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THESE FORUMS AND LIE. When you start telling the truth, please do come back, so we can all learn from each other. But don't come on here and spout a bunch of crap! It just wastes everyones time, and it annoys the ever living **** out of me!

Let's use Niku as an example, or whatever the hell his name is:

STRIKE 1: He can barely type anything legible; either uneducated or too lazy to type correctly. ARGH.

Strike 2: Saying your stock SVX runs 14s when Phil's 5spd SVX with Nitrous isn't even in the 13s yet. YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP. ARGH.

Strike 3: Being into Rap. Why? Because its usually associated with Number 1. There are exceptions to this rule, like Pete seems pretty cool, but most of the time, if you're into rap, you can't write or type worth a damn, and you'll probably also be guilty of

Strike 4: More bull**** claims. Only instead of 'personal' claims, like 'I did this', you make some off the wall claim that switching oils lowers your idle RPM.

IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN.

So yeah, I am stressed out at the moment, but even when I'm not stressed out, I'm still surpressing the urge to say all of this.

IN SUMMARY, Kicker, that Royal Purple oil is no better than Mobil 1. Period. I've read quite a few things about oil, and Mobil 1 is consistently on top. All of these supposed benefits (quieter engine, lower idle, brighter headlights and increased sexual drive) are ALL FIGMENTS OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

So please, please please, if you're going to make a claim, be prepared to back it up, or I'm going to impale you with a big B.S. flag.

- Rob

PS: Also, do not claim you can make 500hp out of a NA 3.3 liter engine. I will win. You will lose.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:01 PM

Registered SVX
I briefly looked around and I saw a claimed power increase mentioned a few places. The increase was pretty much insignificant - about 1%. Neither the weights of the oils used nor the dyn sheets were disclosed, but I still found that claim interesting.

I drive my SVX very little, and when I do, I don't thrash the car. I can say pretty easily that I wouldn't notice a 1% increase in power.

But then my priorities are probably different than yours. I want my SVX to last as long as possible. I'm sure you do, too, but for me it's nearly my first priority. I take the car out to drive to work occasionally or I'll take it on a road trip, but for the most part I avoid putting too many miles on it. A 1% performance increase, by itself, doesn't convince me. It shows that maybe the oil frees the engine up a little more by causing less friction between parts, but it tells me nothing about how well it protects those parts.

Royal Purple's own site says that their oils 'micro-polish' bearing surfaces. As I understand it, polishing a surface requires one of two things: adding a layer of something like a wax or other film, or using an abrasive. Royal Purple's site (through its use of microscopic images of unknown origin) suggests that it's an abrasive, and that would make me very nervous about using it in my car.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-14-2003, 03:04 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: let's set the record straight

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Mr Pockets: Point taken
That's nice. Hopefully you'll treat other people with resp...

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
I have to get this off my chest.
...ah, well, I tried.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Hater

Dude, who made you Guardian of the Network? instead of ridiculing people who may be incorrect or misinformed, how about maybe trying to educate them without all the name-calling and tantrums?

i can't imagine you act like this in public, so there's no need to do it here. do you get off on trying to prove people wrong? did your parents not pay enough attention to you? whatever drives your behavior, you need to stop acting like a little boy and try to act like an adult. bad day, ADD, etc. - we all have problems. deal with them.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
Dude, who made you Guardian of the Network? instead of ridiculing people who may be incorrect or misinformed, how about maybe trying to educate them without all the name-calling and tantrums?
You are correct. I should have given him more of an opportunity to explain why, and given him a chance. I see my first post was pretty condescending, and I apologize to everyone for that. I'm... just having a rough time lately. Sorry.

- Rob
Old 10-14-2003, 03:53 PM
01kickerlaidsvx

8hp gain immediately

that is what "HOT ROD TV" showed in there video. catch it on the royal purple.com website..the proof u all seek is not in the data it's in the "pudding"so 2 speak. don't b afraid to try something new it might benefit you..this is some of the stuff I pulled of there website and I say again, we can debate until your fingers turn blu..let chic put his money where his mouth is and see if he is man enough to admit yeah or nay. royal purple sucked or I didn't notice a difference..if you don't think oil can change or alter the sound of a running motor than you don't pay attention enough to bark at me.I understand the idle is controlled by acomputer but that does not mean the numbers (rpm's)can not fluctuate.it sounds a little like chic is narrowminded and if u were here chic I'd toss your ass outside the back gate and let these iraqi's pop a few shots off in your ear for a few seconds and see if that will open-your mind to something new..... Data Source: North Carolina State University - July 2002 >> See the Full Report

Description of Test: CLR Research Engine Test (5W30 "energy conserving" motor oils)

Engine Type Fuel Savings Emissions Reductions4
Royal Purple® vs.
Brand Name mineral oil Gasoline 4.5%
@1200 RPM

5.0%
@1600 RPM
NOx was over 50% lower @1200 RPM where complete combustion occurred. CO levels with RP were low at all loads - RP tended to prevent incomplete combustion.
Royal Purple® vs.
Premium synthetic oil Gasoline 2.5%
@1200 RPM

3.0%
@1600 RPM
Old 10-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Re: 8hp gain immediately

Quote:
that is what "HOT ROD TV" showed in there video. catch it on the royal purple.com website..the proof u all seek is not in the data it's in the "pudding"so 2 speak.
So far you have provided no pudding.

Quote:
don't b afraid to try something new it might benefit you..this is some of the stuff I pulled of there website and I say again, we can debate until your fingers turn blu..let chic put his money where his mouth is and see if he is man enough to admit yeah or nay. royal purple sucked or I didn't notice a difference
I'll try it if its cheaper than Mobil 1, but I don't see any reason to switch whatsoever. FYI: The royal purple website is trying to SELL you the product, so of course they're going to promote 'power gains' with their oil, but the idea of gaining power mystically through micro polishing fibers or whatever you want to call it is pretty ludicrous. Where is Trevor when you need him....

Quote:
..if you don't think oil can change or alter the sound of a running motor than you don't pay attention enough to bark at me.
Care to explain? Perhaps you could record a before an after clip? I've never been able to diffrentiate what kind of oil someone is running based on the sound of their engine, but maybe you have superior hearing.

Quote:
I understand the idle is controlled by acomputer but that does not mean the numbers (rpm's)can not fluctuate.
They fluctuate depending on if the engine is cold, warm, running rich, lean, etc. Not according to what type of oil you put in it.

Quote:
it sounds a little like chic is narrowminded and if u were here chic I'd toss your ass outside the back gate and let these iraqi's pop a few shots off in your ear for a few seconds and see if that will open-your mind to something new....
Knock off the tough guy talk. I respect the armed forces, but comments like that make me lose some respect for them.

All I'm saying is that you have provided no information as to why Royal Synthetic would be better than any other type of synthetic oil. I've also never heard of engines sounding different when they run different oils.

- Rob

PS: That was respectful, right? I'm not trying to start fights here, and I have already apologized so I'd apreciate it if you took everything I said in the best way possible.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:03 AM

"I'll try it if its cheaper than Mobil 1"

Ok where do we send our money so that Chicane will try it.

Tom

That's a Subaru
Old 10-15-2003, 05:52 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Re: Re: ooops

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

justtt checking, didn't want another arsehole who likes to call others names on site, we have enough to deal with

Kelli
You know ONE don't you?

Last edited by svx_commuter; 10-15-2003 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:08 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Quote:
...I have not been on this site in over a year so I knew not that we had a charecter like chic-- it's all good though I took nothing personal. ......
Surprise He has actually gotten a lot BETTER. There are quite a few people here that have helped him out. It is really very touching, to see how he has changed over the past year with their guidence. The amount of ANGER that can come thru in one of his posts is unreal, well for most of us. Then there is the other problem, where his infection has spread to a few others. Me included I really feel sorry for his future wife. Then again she may be on a mission. (Pray for her) Oh there are tons and tons of threads that revolve around this guy and his BEHAVIOR and all this does is just MUCK up anotherwise very nice board. Now it's just fun to play with him. (Pray for me I have been infected.)
Old 10-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Re: Re: ooops

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
his BEHAVIOR and all this does is just MUCK up anotherwise very nice board. Now it's just fun to play with him. (Pray for me I have been infected.)
Ah yes, I'm the scapegoat again. Hey, you know how Aredub is having transmission problems? That's my fault also.

- Rob
Old 10-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Porter

Mobil 1 is no longer the oil that it once was. When the federal government relaxed their restrictions on what could be called "synthetic" several years ago, Mobil was one of the first to change their formulation to a polyoefelin. Mobil's race synthetic is still the real deal, but it's $15 a quart.

There are only a few companies who make true race synthetics, i.e from a synthetic ester basestock. If I remember correctly, they are Motul, Royal Purple, Redline, and Silkolene.

Motul and Silkolene are widely considered to be the best of these. Motul 300V is used by the Subaru World Rally Team, and Subaru dealerships in Japan and Canada are standardized on Motul synthetic.

http://www.motul.com