How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Ungrateful SOB!

Jerry,

I am going to tell you a little story of a relative of ours who used to have the perfect life and now he is about to destroy everything because of his uncontrollable anger.

Both himself and his wife are graduates in Pharmacy and according to law, that pharmacy can be operational 12 hours/day/person. So basically they are operating a 24 hour pharmacy. Furthermore it is the ONLY pharmacy in a heavily populated/modernized town, so imagine...

All in all, that pharmacy's net income is between $9,000~$13,000 per month. In a country with very low salaries ($700~$900/mo for a fresh graduate), $13k/mo is like living a dream. They have one boy and two girls, all in the best school in the country, they were able to buy a super deluxe apartment in the city @ $250k and another one near the pharmacy @ $150k. He drives a 2009 Merc ML ($55K) and his wife has a 2008 Pathfinder ($27K).

They are quite living the happiest life ever in "spectators' point of view" but he is not happy. He is grumpy all the time, jealous of his brother (Orthodontist) and all this lead him to being furious at anyone who stands in his face.

You know why he envies his brother? Because the latter earns twice as much as he does. But did he really take a look at his brother's situation? Nope.
Sadly, him and his wife cannot have any kids

This rage of his, is destroying him little by little. He is about to loose everything and everyone he loves. And for what? Jealousy? Shame... real shame..

Jerry please do not be offended by that story above. I am posting it because you are my friend and I care about you. You have done great deed with your neighbors and you were the perfect citizen no doubt about that. If no one on earth saw that, rest assured that God saw it...

Be happy that you have... a nice home, a lovely family and a cool set of vintage cars
Problems come and go, try to dodge them cleverly and don't let them affect you deeper than acceptable... You want to compare your situation with mine? Check my facebook album titled "dany" you will see that I have used the picture of a crocodile as a cover. The crocodile has no emotions, he doesn't experience no fear or joy... and nothing affects him. This is how I am dealing with my life over here. I used to be angry and furious but realized it is all affecting my health... so the hell with everyhting.

Have you Googled (Earth) Qatar lately? Do you see anything interesting over there? Maybe... no GREEN whatsoever?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Jerry,

I am going to tell you a little story of a relative of ours who used to have the perfect life and now he is about to destroy everything because of his uncontrollable anger.

Both himself and his wife are graduates in Pharmacy and according to law, that pharmacy can be operational 12 hours/day/person. So basically they are operating a 24 hour pharmacy. Furthermore it is the ONLY pharmacy in a heavily populated/modernized town, so imagine...

All in all, that pharmacy's net income is between $9,000~$13,000 per month. In a country with very low salaries ($700~$900/mo for a fresh graduate), $13k/mo is like living a dream. They have one boy and two girls, all in the best school in the country, they were able to buy a super deluxe apartment in the city @ $250k and another one near the pharmacy @ $150k. He drives a 2009 Merc ML ($55K) and his wife has a 2008 Pathfinder ($27K).

They are quite living the happiest life ever in "spectators' point of view" but he is not happy. He is grumpy all the time, jealous of his brother (Orthodontist) and all this lead him to being furious at anyone who stands in his face.

You know why he envies his brother? Because the latter earns twice as much as he does. But did he really take a look at his brother's situation? Nope.
Sadly, him and his wife cannot have any kids

This rage of his, is destroying him little by little. He is about to loose everything and everyone he loves. And for what? Jealousy? Shame... real shame..

Jerry please do not be offended by that story above. I am posting it because you are my friend and I care about you. You have done great deed with your neighbors and you were the perfect citizen no doubt about that. If no one on earth saw that, rest assured that God saw it...

Be happy that you have... a nice home, a lovely family and a cool set of vintage cars
Problems come and go, try to dodge them cleverly and don't let them affect you deeper than acceptable... You want to compare your situation with mine? Check my facebook album titled "dany" you will see that I have used the picture of a crocodile as a cover. The crocodile has no emotions, he doesn't experience no fear or joy... and nothing affects him. This is how I am dealing with my life over here. I used to be angry and furious but realized it is all affecting my health... so the hell with everyhting.

Have you Googled (Earth) Qatar lately? Do you see anything interesting over there? Maybe... no GREEN whatsoever?
I'm not 'jealous', she is!
When I came here 23 years ago, they had a 47 Dodge truck too. Mine ran, theirs sat out back till the kids beat the glass out and it went to the junk.
I still have mine, it has glass and still runs.
They have hauled so many cars home to let 'decay' till they went for junk, but I keep building things and keeping them running. They just sold a 48 Jeep for junk, after letting it sit in a garage with no roof till it ROTTED!
I, however, have just been playing with the 46 that I used for 'parts' 25 years ago, when I built the 47!

Bolted the 'slicks' on the front and set er down. Backed off the torsion bars, pulled out the measure stick. 36" to the top of the 'RAM' on the grillshell, 58" to the top of the roof. It still has the coil springs on the rear and the cab is still sitting on 2X4's till I finish the welding.
I figure that she will stand at 54" at the rod run and be standing tall at 57 when at the auto-cross.
From 'stock', the bed will be 4 1/2 inches narrower and a foot shorter. I did all the measurements tonite and marked it for the 'next' phase. That will give me enough room for 12 in slicks on the back without touching the aluminum bed sides. It has 10's on it now. P 225-45-15 (R) compound auto-X tires on all 4 corners.
This puppy looks like it is ready to 'HURT' someone!!
I just hope that it 'hurts' the EGO of the Corvette and Cobra jockeys!
This broad is SOOO jealous that it is 'consuming' her!
When I go to the 'city Council meeting on tuesday night, I will have the 46 on the DOLLY parked on the street next to city hall! I will 'invite' the mayor outside to 'view' my "JUNK" truck! I will come home 'VICTORIOUS', having made my 'case'.
I just want them to LEAVE me ALONE so the kids and I can keep building cars here!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 04-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
I'm not 'jealous', she is!
This is not what I meant

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
This is not what I meant
I read and believe what you said. I have come up with a 'plan'. The 'RatRod' will go the 'City Counsil' meeting on tuesday.
I will 'introduce' the truck to the Mayor and Council.
I will show the NUMBERS from the weekends that 'out of town' guests FLOOD the local Hotels and Motels because of old cars, then ask them to 'defend' the code that they THINK I am 'Violating' by having an 'unfinished' street rod in my carport!
My 'focus' is not the 'hateful big itch' that complained. I KNOW that there is NO HOPE for her!
My 'focus' is to convince the 'powers' that 'Old cars' are NOT the problem!

Jerry
Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer

Registered SVX

I used to want to give serious bodily harm to people that really screwed with me... its understandable. But seriously, why stress about behavior you cant change... its only causing YOU grief. Best to let it go with a fk-it attitude and just handle the situation the best way in a logical sense. Why retire in prison because of a few idiots, a pinhead, and some old cars?

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

Quote:
I will show the NUMBERS from the weekends that 'out of town' guests FLOOD the local Hotels and Motels because of old cars, then ask them to 'defend' the code that they THINK I am 'Violating' by having an 'unfinished' street rod in my carport!
Now this is what I meant!

Old 04-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
I read and believe what you said. I have come up with a 'plan'. The 'RatRod' will go the 'City Counsil' meeting on tuesday.
I will 'introduce' the truck to the Mayor and Council.
My 'focus' is not the 'hateful big itch' that complained. I KNOW that there is NO HOPE for her!
My 'focus' is to convince the 'powers' that 'Old cars' are NOT the problem!
Jerry, I'm really sorry that this City Council trouble is on your doorstep because of a complaining neighbour. You don't deserve it, and it's good that you are now working on a strategic plan to overcome the problem.

Guns and threats will not help, they will lead to a media circus and you will lose bigtime if that happens. You are a decent gentleman and I know you already know this, but just thought I'd mention.

There are a number of things you might do to strengthen your case and I hope you don't mind if I offer some advice from a long distance away. Here are a few possible pointers for you.

1. If the City sends you a letter, write back to them defending your case. Don't ring them, don't talk to them, put your case in writing and ask them for a written response. Explain you are sending all copies of correspondence to your lawyer. While correspondence is going on they are at risk of litigation if they have not responded to you before making a move on you. This will slow things down to allow you to make a case and get support.

2. It is likely this female dawg is only reporting your stuff to divert attention away from her problems. Don't stress or waste energy about this, just deal with the problem the City presents.

3. Make your case at the Council meeting if you want, but keep anger out of the situation, it is not your friend. My advice here is you bring the best restored car you have on the trailer to the meeting. Tell them this is the level to which all your vehicles will be restored.

Tell them the story about bringing your pregnant wife to hospital in one of your pickups. Am I remembering that wrong? Anger is your enemy, nostalgia is your friend.

4. Get support. The SVX Network is only about '90s vehicles. Your cars and trucks are older and more venerable and as such more valuable for preservation. You need support from some of the classic PU or old vehicle magazines or journalists. Your historic vehicles are too valuable for the scrap heap. Why don't you write a letter to Jay Leno? He sounds like a man would understand your situation. Getting your stuff on the airwaves will make the City think twice. Also your case will be strengthened if any of your cars could be used for filming, so you should see if there is any way your vehicles can be listed for film use.

5. Do not allow them to put across the case that you are building hot rods, or hot rods only. Emphasise the fact that your vehicles are heritage vehicles, part of the backbone of what made America what it is. The vehicles you are in the process of restoring would be scrap if you had not cared for them. You have engines, windscreens, all of your vehicles are potential runners, none are in scrap condition, aside from the obvious lack of paint.

5a. Emphasize again and again that you are preserving America's heritage. Very few people have your metalwork and mechanical skills to keep old vehicles alive and running like you can.

6. Is it possible you can trailer some of the vehicles off the street or alleyway to the farm you mention? If you can even temporarily move one or two that you are not currently working on it demonstrates that you are willing to work with them on a solution, and allows the City officials to save face. Don't underestimate this possibility, it can be your saviour.

7. Emphasize at all times that you are a Good Citizen and a Good Samaritan. You are not telling any porkers here Jerry. Explain how well you keep your premises, how you are helpful to the neighbours, how you are happy maintaining and prettying up Council property for the good of the neighbourhood. Explain that you do not dump oil like certain neighbours, but your rebuilding of old vehicles is all about conservation and heritage.

Keep cool Jerry and keep that blood pressure down. You have a really strong case to make here Jerry. Do it the smart way and you will win.

Best of luck dood.

Joe

[Sorry for the long post ]
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Jerry, I'm really sorry that this City Council trouble is on your doorstep because of a complaining neighbour. You don't deserve it, and it's good that you are now working on a strategic plan to overcome the problem.

Guns and threats will not help, they will lead to a media circus and you will lose bigtime if that happens. You are a decent gentleman and I know you already know this, but just thought I'd mention.

There are a number of things you might do to strengthen your case and I hope you don't mind if I offer some advice from a long distance away. Here are a few possible pointers for you.

1. If the City sends you a letter, write back to them defending your case. Don't ring them, don't talk to them, put your case in writing and ask them for a written response. Explain you are sending all copies of correspondence to your lawyer. While correspondence is going on they are at risk of litigation if they have not responded to you before making a move on you. This will slow things down to allow you to make a case and get support.

2. It is likely this female dawg is only reporting your stuff to divert attention away from her problems. Don't stress or waste energy about this, just deal with the problem the City presents.

3. Make your case at the Council meeting if you want, but keep anger out of the situation, it is not your friend. My advice here is you bring the best restored car you have on the trailer to the meeting. Tell them this is the level to which all your vehicles will be restored.

Tell them the story about bringing your pregnant wife to hospital in one of your pickups. Am I remembering that wrong? Anger is your enemy, nostalgia is your friend.

4. Get support. The SVX Network is only about '90s vehicles. Your cars and trucks are older and more venerable and as such more valuable for preservation. You need support from some of the classic PU or old vehicle magazines or journalists. Your historic vehicles are too valuable for the scrap heap. Why don't you write a letter to Jay Leno? He sounds like a man would understand your situation. Getting your stuff on the airwaves will make the City think twice. Also your case will be strengthened if any of your cars could be used for filming, so you should see if there is any way your vehicles can be listed for film use.

5. Do not allow them to put across the case that you are building hot rods, or hot rods only. Emphasise the fact that your vehicles are heritage vehicles, part of the backbone of what made America what it is. The vehicles you are in the process of restoring would be scrap if you had not cared for them. You have engines, windscreens, all of your vehicles are potential runners, none are in scrap condition, aside from the obvious lack of paint.

5a. Emphasize again and again that you are preserving America's heritage. Very few people have your metalwork and mechanical skills to keep old vehicles alive and running like you can.

6. Is it possible you can trailer some of the vehicles off the street or alleyway to the farm you mention? If you can even temporarily move one or two that you are not currently working on it demonstrates that you are willing to work with them on a solution, and allows the City officials to save face. Don't underestimate this possibility, it can be your saviour.

7. Emphasize at all times that you are a Good Citizen and a Good Samaritan. You are not telling any porkers here Jerry. Explain how well you keep your premises, how you are helpful to the neighbours, how you are happy maintaining and prettying up Council property for the good of the neighbourhood. Explain that you do not dump oil like certain neighbours, but your rebuilding of old vehicles is all about conservation and heritage.

Keep cool Jerry and keep that blood pressure down. You have a really strong case to make here Jerry. Do it the smart way and you will win.

Best of luck dood.

Joe

[Sorry for the long post ]

It was raining so the truck didn't make it. I DID take a folder with a lot of 'full page' pics.
I asked why an area the at has so much 'free money' for our local charities is so HOSTILE to the young guys that are building these cars!

I mentioned the hundreds of thousands of dollars that 'old cars' raise each year.
I showed a couple pics from the podium.
Reminded the one Counselman that HIS DAD called me when he needed to get a beautiful Cobra Torino through inspection 10 years ago.
It had rust on the unibody in a very bad spot.
I was told that the car now lives in Westminster with his brother.
I reminded the other one of all the 'work' I do in this end of town 'for the people'. He Thanked me for the effort, and said that he knows what I do.
I mentioned that I have to wear welding gloves when I work my flower beds because of Hypodermic needles and busted Budweiser bottles in them.
I told them that we have problems here, but 'old cars' are the LEAST of them!
The Mayor said that he has never heard my address mentioned before. I told him that he's heard MOST of the ones for the neighbors though!
After the meeting the Mayor and his 'up-coming' challenger met me in the hall and wanted to see ALL the pics that I had brought. Then the 'Cobra' counselman stopped by.
The Mayor said that he would 'get with' the compliance guy. The Challenger said that "they should LEAVE us ALONE" (old car guys)
(His brother lives 3 doors from my garage)

One small step for man, a Giant LEAP for STREET RODDING!!

Jerry
Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Registered SVX

Great news.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
It was raining so the truck didn't make it. I DID take a folder with a lot of 'full page' pics.
I asked why an area the at has so much 'free money' for our local charities is so HOSTILE to the young guys that are building these cars!

I mentioned the hundreds of thousands of dollars that 'old cars' raise each year.
I showed a couple pics from the podium.
Reminded the one Counselman that HIS DAD called me when he needed to get a beautiful Cobra Torino through inspection 10 years ago.
It had rust on the unibody in a very bad spot.
I was told that the car now lives in Westminster with his brother.
I reminded the other one of all the 'work' I do in this end of town 'for the people'. He Thanked me for the effort, and said that he knows what I do.
I mentioned that I have to wear welding gloves when I work my flower beds because of Hypodermic needles and busted Budweiser bottles in them.
I told them that we have problems here, but 'old cars' are the LEAST of them!
The Mayor said that he has never heard my address mentioned before. I told him that he's heard MOST of the ones for the neighbors though!
After the meeting the Mayor and his 'up-coming' challenger met me in the hall and wanted to see ALL the pics that I had brought. Then the 'Cobra' counselman stopped by.
The Mayor said that he would 'get with' the compliance guy. The Challenger said that "they should LEAVE us ALONE" (old car guys)
(His brother lives 3 doors from my garage)

One small step for man, a Giant LEAP for STREET RODDING!!
I'm delighted to hear of this great progress Jerry, congratulations! You did very well Glasshopper.

Keep your powder dry and stay on side with the big guys.

Nice one.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

Great news Jerry, keep us posted

Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Great news Jerry, keep us posted
Stopped by Class Glass this AM and was mentioning the 'good fight'.
'Mose' is building a 'track "T' for the AX and was there when I stopped by. I showed the 'pics' that I had shown the 'Powers' last night.
I mentioned the 'no engine' thing. I said that I left the front end off for mondays 'shoot' so the Mayor could SEE the 455 Buick!

WELLLLL, Mose is an 'Old School Buick' RACER!! He became VERY interested in my little Rat Rod!
I was the recipiant of YEARS of 455 Buick KNOWLEDGE!!
He refered to my little truck as a "TORQUE MONSTER", and started rattleing off FEET Pounds numbers, capacities, HP ratings, etc so fast that I got his PHONE NUMBER so I didn't have to write this stuff down!
I have a 'source' for 455 Buick info!!
NOW I gotta build a bigger oil pan with baffels, since Mose said that they tend to suck the pan dry and 'self distruct'. He would KNOW!

Jerry
Old 04-14-2010, 06:39 PM

Registered SVX

Glad to see that they sided with you. I have been following this thread with much interest and was disgusted at the fact that you had to show up to court to defend all the work you do for your property, classic cars, and your community. It would seem that you were met with very little resistance. Congratulations!

Any chance you could post some of those pictures of your beautiful classic cars on here so everyone can see what you so passionately fought for? I am sure many of us would appreciate it.

Keep up the honest work, and have a good rest of your week

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
Glad to see that they sided with you. I have been following this thread with much interest and was disgusted at the fact that you had to show up to court to defend all the work you do for your property, classic cars, and your community. It would seem that you were met with very little resistance. Congratulations!

Any chance you could post some of those pictures of your beautiful classic cars on here so everyone can see what you so passionately fought for? I am sure many of us would appreciate it.

Keep up the honest work, and have a good rest of your week

I have not 'updated' recently, but here's what has happend over the last couple years.

Thanks for the support!

Jerry
Old 04-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Now with more color

Quote:

I have not 'updated' recently, but here's what has happend over the last couple years.

Thanks for the support!
iNGRATE IS PACKING BOXES!
Will be Outta here in less than 2 weeks.
I was at Mom's last week and 4 cop cars showed up. The landlord called me to ask what was going on.(11:15 PM) Since I was at the track near Mom's, I had no idea.
Then he drove over here and investigated. The 4 cops were still here, the mother/enabler was screaming at the landlord, the German Shepard that was not supposed to be there was barking at the landlord, the cops were talking to the moron son,(that was not supposed to be here), all the neighbors were watching, (Cept me, I was at the race track)

Glad I missed it!

Jerry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: