Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-05-2006, 05:58 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
I'll pull the codes this weekend but I'm pretty sure it will be duty solenoid b. Where abouts do you disconnect the loom from the box? I found one spot on top behind the band adjustment screw. That seems very hard to reach, let alone disconnect and probe. Also will the fact that I have a US box matter as far as wire coloring?

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
I have inconsistent engine braking in 3rd gear. It grabs and releases.
This is usually caused by a problem with the tranny resistor causing a Duty Solenoid "A" failure error (code 11).
Old 04-05-2006, 04:28 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
This is usually caused by a problem with the tranny resistor causing a Duty Solenoid "A" failure error (code 11).
With my luck it's both A & B!

What is the resistance supposed to be? You are refering to the one behind the battery, right?

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Old 04-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Yes. Normally between 7 and 15 ohms. When I replaced mine the new one measured 12 ohms.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:11 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
You were right Earthworm, I pulled the codes and got eleven. I checked my resistor and it is in fact bad. Now I have to find a resistor somewhere. I can't seem to come up with a 20watt 15 ohm resistor anywhere, I don't want to settle for a 25w but if I have to so be it. Did anyone find a source for 20w resistors? Has there been further experimentation with the resistance?

Old 04-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
back to the topic at hand

b__g
- - - -
- - - -
- - - -
- - - -
(plug diagram transmision loom)

Ok Harvey as far as mesuring the resistance, i could not locate a green with black on the transmission side, only on the engine side of the loom, it conected to an all green (g) on the plug, i mesured the rsistance between that and the black (b). I set the multi meter to 2000 and got a reading of 24? at 2k it read 0.02.

I then tested all the other points and the closest i came to your required reading was the pin three down two across (top to bottom left to right) which read at 2000, to be 13.6ohms

can you make sense of any of this???

futhermore, I know know what the torque convertr lock up looks loke on the tacho, i seems after a few days of watching that it will lock up on some occassions and not others!

cheers,
Jake

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads

Last edited by -JJ-; 04-09-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:06 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
You were right Earthworm, I pulled the codes and got eleven. I checked my resistor and it is in fact bad. Now I have to find a resistor somewhere. I can't seem to come up with a 20watt 15 ohm resistor anywhere, I don't want to settle for a 25w but if I have to so be it. Did anyone find a source for 20w resistors? Has there been further experimentation with the resistance?
You are better off with a 25 watt resistor, as it will run cooler. An even higher wattage would not go amiss.

The deciding factor is simply the physical size of the animal. The wattage does not effect the performance of the circiut in practice, but if too low it will burn out.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!