How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Superbeast

I'm baaaaaack! (R.I. to FL. and back)

Yeah, I know, I know....you probly didn't even know I was gone.

We (the family) drove down to Florida last Sat night, and took the long way to get there. We drove down Rt. 95 untill we got into VA. then we cut across to check out the caverns. I happen to notice this thing called the Skyline drive and Blueridge parkway on the map leading down to the carverns, so I drove them as much as possible. Nice drive but it seems the roads leading off of them were the really fun ones, I was really tearing up those poor RE92's on the Baja.

Now isn't the Dragon part of the Blueridge or some where neer it? I really wanted to drive the whole thing but it was taking WAAAAAAY to long with all the fog and traffic that day. So we had to hop off it and hit what ever major rt. was right there. From there we cut through the corner of S.C. where there seemed to be a cop every 5 miles with some one pulled over and another waiting for someone else. (not so fun). We then drove right through the middle of Georga and down to Orlando, not getting to our hotel room untill 12:00AM Tuesday. (These southern states are much bigger than them northern states)

We then got up later Tuesday morning to catch the bus to Epcot to begin 3 a$$ kicking days of trying to do everything in Disney in 3 days (hard) and then drove to Ft. Peirce for a day of rest at my wifes sisters house. We headed home from there around 12:00pm on Sat, stopped at South of the Border for dinner real quick and continued on home, rolled into the driveway about 11:00am today.

I like to drive, but 23 hours on the highway in cruise mode is not really driving, next time were taking a damn plane!

In my whole drive I saw 4 Bajas, 3 STI's, and 1 SVX........And I didn't see the SVX untill today in CT. when I was almost home. It's wierd how much less popular Subarus are past the N.Y. border. It seems the populer vehicle in FL. is any huge SUV or crewcab P.U. with at least 24" wheels on it There was one lifted F350 on the FL turnpike that must have had like 30" or bigger wheels on it. They looked rediculous, I didn't know you could even get a wheel tire combo that big.

So anyway thats my story, I should be going to sleep now because the BAJA........not so comfy to try and sleep in. Oh my neck!!
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Jesse,
Congrats on making the whole trip without a ticket - especially given the route you took! Now, back to work on that "gassed" beast of yours!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Jesse,
Congrats on making the whole trip without a ticket - especially given the route you took! Now, back to work on that "gassed" beast of yours!
-Bill

Yes I was very carfull about selecting my speed Oh yeah and you reminded me. We got off an exit in MD to look for some breakfast and guess what I drove right by?????? Fed Ex field.

Nice area.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subafreak
Yes I was very carfull about selecting my speed Oh yeah and you reminded me. We got off an exit in MD to look for some breakfast and guess what I drove right by?????? Fed Ex field.

Nice area.
Jesse,
You obviously came in the "bad" side of FedEx Seriously, you go about 2 miles away South of FedEx and you'll find yourself in the middle of $1M homes (okay, so the area immediately around FedEx isn't exactly "high rent"....).
Glad you got home safely!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 07-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subafreak
We drove down Rt. 95 untill we got into VA. then we cut across to check out the caverns. I happen to notice this thing called the Skyline drive and Blueridge parkway on the map leading down to the carverns, so I drove them as much as possible. Nice drive but it seems the roads leading off of them were the really fun ones, I was really tearing up those poor RE92's on the Baja.
Hey you were having fun in my playpen!

I like taking afternoon drives along the Blueridge parkway/Skyline drive in the Fall when the leaves are turning...

Btw, how did you like the Luray Caverns?

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Superbeast

Yeah I was wondering the whole time if there was any nice parts of MD.?

It's funny that I didn't realize how many members back yards I was playing in untill I got home. I always think of those places as really far away (and they are) but it was pretty cool to be there. I've never been south of N.C. before this or west of Penn. I never realized what an amazing mountain range we have down there. Chike you are very lucky to live nere such awsome roads. I got the warning finger form a few rangers on the way thru the skyline

Altho it seems the roads leading to and fro the mountains are the really fun ones.

The caves were really cool, I've never seen anything like that in person. I had the same problem with them as I did with palm trees.......they just don't look real.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: