How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-16-2003, 02:02 AM

Registered SVX
All comments noted.

The TR2 and its contemporaries were the last of the true breed of production car based sports cars built for maximum tactile driving pleasure. From then on all developed into cushy drives for hair dressers.
As the last of an era they are truly collectable and many have been restored at considerable cost. Not every persons cup of tea but valued my many.

I once owned and raced a Daimler SP250. If I had it today it would be worth more than 20 times what I sold it for. While not as highly sort after the TR2 would have shown a appreciation of x10. One of the advantages of the TR2 which make it sort after, is the ease and simplicity of restoration. Values have fallen from the absolute highs of ten years ago but are now again on the rise.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 10-16-2003, 03:54 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Smile

OK Trevor,

For me, tactile driving pleasure is synonymous with and only arrived with the reclining seat. But I know where you're coming from.

Never could get on with Daimler Darts. They look like a Sunbeam Tiger that has been hit with de ugly stick. Dreadful styling from Daimler.

In my book, there is no excuse for making a car ugly. The only minor consolation is the fact that sales figures usually reflect the ugliness, people don't want to be seen in an ugly motor, so the manufacturers get their comeuppance that way.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-16-2003, 06:50 AM

Oh yeah, have you seen how close the sales figures are for the new Chevrolet pickup to the Ford?
Old 10-16-2003, 05:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
I bought my SVX just a couple months ago and absolutely love it, even though I did pay OVER blue book value.

It was too hard to pass up because of it's shape. I definitely wanted either a 92 that was already taken care of (trans wise), or a late model SVX. I couldn't find a late model SVX in my area or pricerange, but I did stumble on this 92.

It was everything I was looking for and the owner seemed pretty cool about the car. He told me it was in an accident but I couldn't tell one bit. Drives fine and looks like nothing has even been touched (my bro and I put it up on his lift).

Anyway - I wound up paying $6500 for a 92 LS-L with 47,000 miles on it, with near mint interior, minor problems (sticky sunroof), already done trans cooler ...it was just beautiful

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash
Old 10-16-2003, 11:57 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
OK Trevor,

Never could get on with Daimler Darts. They look like a Sunbeam Tiger that has been hit with de ugly stick. Dreadful styling from Daimler.

Joe
Hi Joe,

To be honest appearance is the last thing I worry about as I have always looked at a car only from within the driving seat.

The SP250 was very much underrated and the body is very advanced from an aerodynamic point of view and really works. I did not like it at first sight, but with thought, it grew on me.
I raced mine in a sports car series for two consecutive years and an E type Jaguar was not able to beat me. It also went well in a three hour endurance race and I won the under 3 litre class.

You are going well so far in the RWC. Cheers were coming from me down under as I watched your guys on TV, as promised. I am worried about our kickers. The selectors left our best behind.

Regards, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 10-17-2003 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:53 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor

Hi Joe,

You are going well so far in the RWC. Cheers were coming from me down under as I watched your guys on TV, as promised. I am worried about our kickers. The selectors left our best behind.

Regards, Trevor.
Hello Trevor

Early days [daze?] yet in the RWC, and thanks for the encouragement.

On current form, the four teams to beat are the two antipodean sides, particularly the All Blacks, and Ireland and England. This of course is to underestimate France, not a wise thing to do.

I am most worried about attrition and injuries. We do not have a big panel of repeat talent, so losing key people as we move along would be a real problem for us, unlike England who have a lot of good players on the bench rarin' to go. You will have noticed the tendency to play a lot of subs once a match is "in control" This is both to give the younger bloods a run, and keep the older hands injury free.

Best of luck to your boys, my friend. No matter who wins, we will get passionate and committed entertainment, couldn't ask for more.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl