Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2009, 07:49 PM

Front End Vibration

Most of my driving is highway, and I remember a time when I thought my SVX had the smoothest ride around. But over the past many months, I get this front end vibration. When I slow down to around 35 mph, it seems like I'm driving on a cobblestone road, its so bad (it doesnt do this All the time, though). I thought it might be that the highway wasnt smooth, but it happens at various places, and I look at other cars when I have this problem and they dont seem to be bouncing up and down like mine. When I'm going around 70 mph, its not that bad, although I still feel some front end vibration. I've had my tires balanced, and a front end alignment. The tires and wheels are relatively new. The brake disks are relatively new as are the pads. I jacked up the front the car and tried to shake each front wheel side to side and up and down, and they didnt shake. I looked over the front suspension and nothing seems loose. So what could it be? Front axle maybe? I miss the way this use to drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Larry