Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Tesla

Can you imagine if it wasn't a review by the "liberal jewish media" who paid for a Muslim to be our president so he could give Teslia 465 million dollars of tax payer money but rather a review by Fox news. I wonder if Fox would best the 55 mile range that Top Gear got out of the Telsa.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...electric-cars/
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

1997 Ebony #308 113k "The Black Diva"SOLD
1992 Black over Liquid Silver 152k SOLD
1992 Ebony 251k 444 SOLD
1999 Silver SLK230 134k SOLD
1997 Green Outback 137k SOLD
2013 Honda Accord I4 SOLD
2015 Subaru Crosstrek 30k
2018 Tesla M3 30k
Old 02-12-2013, 05:10 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Can you imagine if it wasn't a review by the "liberal jewish media" who paid for a Muslim to be our president so he could give Teslia 465 million dollars of tax payer money but rather a review by Fox news. I wonder if Fox would best the 55 mile range that Top Gear got out of the Telsa.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...electric-cars/
How did my thread go from a review of a cool electric car to some guy spouting about "liberal jewish media?" The wackos are plenty here.

Who wants to talk about cars after this...

Last edited by dbarnblatt; 02-12-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:12 PM

Registered SVX

I think I passed that cat on 84 last night. Might drive but too slow.
Oh and wasn't it Tesla that developed the first private venture to dock with the space station. The money was not for the car.

Last edited by Conn SVX; 02-12-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnblatt View Post
How did my thread do from a review of a cool electric car to some guy spouting about "liberal jewish media?" The wackos are plenty here.

Who wants to talk about cars after this...
The wacko is the idiot owner who sued Top Gear (and lost) and now claims that the NYTs fixed its review. Now even the right wing establishment would expect the NyT would want the car to do well which makes his "claims" so much more out there. How much does the gov't own from their investment? No the space flight got him quite a bit more.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
The wacko is the idiot owner who sued Top Gear (and lost) and now claims that the NYTs fixed its review. Now even the right wing establishment would expect the NyT would want the car to do well which makes his "claims" so much more out there. How much does the gov't own from their investment? No the space flight got him quite a bit more.
Yeah, ok... It's all a big lie/conspiracy. Start your own weirdo angry thread about Musk, Jewish liberal media, and the big evil government. Leave that crap out of this one.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, ok... It's all a big lie/conspiracy. Start your own weirdo angry thread about Musk, Jewish liberal media, and the big evil government. Leave that crap out of this one.
Why would I do that I simply provided evidence that sure in happy cow land the Tesla may have a range closer to what Telsa claims (though the EPA disagrees) but elsewhere it seems to be coming up short but yet Usk seems to want to silence those who have realized that he isn't selling sliced bread. This thread is not lets all sit around a circle and praise the Tesla whether you like it or not. Maybe you should go to Musk's house if you want to try to silence detractors. He seems to feel the same way.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Why would I do that I simply provided evidence that sure in happy cow land the Tesla may have a range closer to what Telsa claims (though the EPA disagrees) but elsewhere it seems to be coming up short but yet Usk seems to want to silence those who have realized that he isn't selling sliced bread. This thread is not lets all sit around a circle and praise the Tesla whether you like it or not. Maybe you should go to Musk's house if you want to try to silence detractors. He seems to feel the same way.
YOU are dragging this thread into the crapper with racist comments and "truther" politics.

Take it somewhere else.

Either that, or clean it up, play nice and consider that yours might not be the only view on the matter.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
YOU are dragging this thread into the crapper with racist comments and "truther" politics.

Take it somewhere else.

Either that, or clean it up, play nice and consider that yours might not be the only view on the matter.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. You funny. Raciest comments bhhhhhhhaaaa haaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa. "Truther" No idea what that is but I'm sure its just as funny. You must be a comedian out there in the happy land but apparently the cows there aren't capable of understanding sarcasm and neither are you.

Let me explain it to you this way though my friend. The next time I see you tell ANYONE here to "take it somewhere else" I will personally see that you do not post again on this forum without the flies finding your stinky poop.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. You funny. Raciest comments bhhhhhhhaaaa haaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa. "Truther" No idea what that is but I'm sure its just as funny. You must be a comedian out there in the happy land but apparently the cows there aren't capable of understanding sarcasm and neither are you.

Let me explain it to you this way though my friend. The next time I see you tell ANYONE here to "take it somewhere else" I will personally see that you do not post again on this forum without the flies finding your stinky poop.
Ugly comment Benebob... Not cool.

What I meant was take it to another thread...

Come on, I'm not trying to censor you or anybody... but your initial comments of "Jewish liberal media" veered so far off topic of the thread and exposed a pretty ugly side of this place and of you. It's a public place and I would never say such a thing, it's in bad taste and very offensive to me and I'm sure many others here.

You would have never said that to anyone in person, would you? So why say it here?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX

Quote:
Ugly comment Benebob... Not cool.

What I meant was take it to another thread...

Come on, I'm not trying to censor you or anybody... but your initial comments of "Jewish liberal media" veered so far off topic of the thread and exposed a pretty ugly side of this place and of you. It's a public place and I would never say such a thing, it's in bad taste and very offensive to me and I'm sure many others here.

You would have never said that to anyone in person, would you? So why say it here?
Very well put. Can this please end now.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Post A few problems with such sensationalism.

According to some articles the initial advertisement for the SVX in Japan elluded to supposedly having maximum range of 500 miles on a full tank of gas but the best I got was 315 before the low gas warning light came on. Does that make it a terrible car because I get 63% drop in fuel efficiency then advertised (even though I admit I bought it used like most here)? There are a lot of other qualities that make up a good automobile other then efficiency. How about overall cost per a mile along with how it handles itself in adverse weather? I'm sure such a repectable journalist such as John Broder can introduce an intervening variable such as how a Prius may handle or even a luxury car such as a BMW stated versus actual mileage in similar conditions? Instead we get the premise of his article as knocking down a straw man which Forbes has no qualms re-iterating on how there is some conspiracy to make electric vehicles ICE replacements now or very soon.

That may fly with a show that prides itself for over the top reviews and stunts like BBC's Top Gear but for NYT to throw their integrity behind as an informative article? In fact I find Top Gear's similar premise on the difficulties of finding a place to charge a Nissan Leaf more relevant and entertaining. And before anyone goes on about big bad gubment lending credit (which is not the same as subsidizing) lets not forget the meriad of other industries that got their start through it such as the technology behind the basic infastructure of the one we are using here.

Sure any drop from a proported 265 mile range is cutting it into SUV territory but the fact of the matter remains that this battery derived source maybe suseptible to temperatures but is still a greater constant in other conditions such as atmospheric pressure. Lets not forget that Tesla's motor will also cut out many mechanical parts found in ICEs that cause maintenance issues down the line and before anyone harps about electric gremlins lets not forget what happens to a modern ICE with a malfunctioning MAF sensor.

Another problem I have with articles like this is they somehow use the hypothetic 'all American roadtrip' as a basis on reviewing a vehicle's drivability. As much as they tickle our imaginiation (such as Top Gear's Indian roadtrip) and make automobile reviews that much more exciting. The fact of the matter is such trips are usually reserved for most people once or several times a year at most for those with the time and means. A better indicator of reliability would be a long term test of shorter distance commutes like Consumer Reports and Car & Driver try to simulate. Many in my area rather take a short trip to the bus or train station to take mass transit into the city rather then paying hand over fist for tolls then parking.

So there could be a market for automobiles that could be treated literally like electric appliances as far as re-fueling goes (as in mainly at home). In that regard, why do people rush to crucify a technology that maybe not entirely proven but still gives a glimmer of inspiration towards an industry that could, if not already is, facing stagnation among new car buyers?

Last edited by Weebitob; 02-12-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 PM

Registered SVX
Re: A few problems with such sensationalism.

I have almost reached 500 miles on a full tank. If you can get from the gas station to the interstate asap, and cruise at a pretty steady speed for the whole tank the SVX does get good miles/tank. Your engine doesn't have to be perfect but the better shape its in, the higher amount of miles you can expect.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Re: A few problems with such sensationalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
I have almost reached 500 miles on a full tank. If you can get from the gas station to the interstate asap, and cruise at a pretty steady speed for the whole tank the SVX does get good miles/tank. Your engine doesn't have to be perfect but the better shape its in, the higher amount of miles you can expect.
Which is exactly what I mean that the reality versus the stated manufacturers' mileage of any automobile even if it accounts for similar conditions. Suffice to say I have been wondering about the overall condition about my engine lately and wondering if a Check Engine Light that only goes on during cold starts and lingers a bit while moving is alluding to any problems.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Hater

I get 180-200 miles per tank.

Come to think of it, i havent had a car that gets 20mpg or more city driving since 1991.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)