SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2002, 09:54 PM

Re: Re: Fools rush in...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
So, Lee; give us your opinion on the Hot Wax treatment at car washes. I always wondered why people wanted to wax over the dirt scum always left by these machines.

Ron.
Used to use 'em all the time - when I drove a '70 something Pinto - which was worse?
Old 11-10-2002, 10:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
Quote:
Originally posted by ensteele93
Viv

Did you leave his trunk that way? LOL Or did you finish his trunk and he has the nicest looking trunk around.
I did finish waxing his car. He did not know that his paint has some metallic properties. We were both surprised to find that out while I was waxing his car.

Quote:
Originally posted by ensteele93
[BI have used a product by Turtle Wax that is color matched. It is remarkable in getting the scratches out. I waxed over the scratches a couple times and they dissapeared. This over the top might really do a great job. It comes in white, red, blue, cream, green, and black. It is very easy to apply and wipe off as well. [/B]
I used Turtle wax also the same way you were doing it. I had to buy the black and red. Then I mixed a part of the black to the red paint to create a burgundy color for my claret. It did the job getting the scratches out. Now I have this new wax to do the final detail.

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 11-10-2002, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Can I come over for waxing too?

Lwin
It will take only 10 minutes if you'll help me

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 11-10-2002, 11:06 PM

I posted this thread to get everybody's opinions. I'm just thrilled about this new wax I've tried because I have been searching for something that's simple to use and will bring back the shine on my car. I used that Dawn detergent before to wash my car, it was too strong, it took away the luster. Now I use Zymol Auto Wash. I used a lot of popular products including Meguiar's, Turtle wax, Nu-Finish, Mother's and I wasn't satisfied with any of them. The Zymol is good but I'm still not 100% happy with the results.

I considered having my car repainted to get that mirror-like finish, but it's too costly. My car has so many paint chipped on the hood and a few dings and scratches. But with the Final Detail, they're hardly noticeable. Until I find something bad about this product, I will continue using it. I love how it makes my car look so new. I used to think that waxing my car is a chore, back aches and sore arms and wrists...now, it's a pleasure.

Last edited by vzSvx; 11-10-2002 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:33 AM
$VX

One word: ZYMOL.

That stuff is amazing. And the faded Camry? I'm pretty sure ANY wax on that car would achieve those results... but man, ZYMOL owns. Try some and let us know how it compares because so far I think its EASILY #1.

- Ca$h
Old 11-11-2002, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
One word: ZYMOL.

That stuff is amazing. And the faded Camry? I'm pretty sure ANY wax on that car would achieve those results... but man, ZYMOL owns. Try some and let us know how it compares because so far I think its EASILY #1.

- Ca$h
ZYMOL was the one I've been using 'til I found Final Detail. It wasn't to my standard of satisfaction. But it's your own preference. If it's good enough for you, great.

The faded Camry, he also used ZYMOL for a year and he was happy with the product, but he never thought it could get much better.

Last edited by vzSvx; 11-11-2002 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:41 AM
$VX

Well I'll be damned. I'll have to find some of this stuff then.

- Ca$h
Old 11-11-2002, 10:09 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by vzSvx
Here is my Caressa after the 3rd day waxed with Final Details. She looks so wet, it's hard to capture her in the camera, too much reflections. The Claret and Black color turned darker and richer. It worked so well on her windows too.
One word... WOW!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.