Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 11-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Phil & Belha

The last UK SVX

Currently for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4590639168

I remember when we bought our SVX, this car was the last remaining unsold SVX. It was at Ace Kensington and as I remember, they wanted 34K for it - which was about 3 times our budget.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 11-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
Currently for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4590639168

I remember when we bought our SVX, this car was the last remaining unsold SVX. It was at Ace Kensington and as I remember, they wanted 34K for it - which was about 3 times our budget.
I remember seeing that car advertised at Haxbys of Plymouth. Never ceases to amaze me how so many SVXs end up in the West Country.

From memory, they were looking what I thought was too much for the car at £8500.

Wonder what is the asking price now?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-17-2005, 03:00 PM

Registered SVX
Is it me or what?

As a "junior" member does there seem to be a growing interest in the SVX? there seems to be quite a few models turning up on ebay and the autotrader, and some of them not too bad looking examples either to boot! The bug has definitely bitten with me and I was pleased to be part of the JAE, where there seemed to be a bumper crop of svx's that turned up. Maybe the investment of paying a fortune for parts and servicing might eventually pay off on what was an initial cheap purchase. The two models on ebay at present, although not too bad, dont cut the mustard with me with them having the "Calibra" looking front end, but at least its still an SVX I suppose.

Lets hope the interest is growing.....
John

Last edited by blueji; 11-19-2005 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:49 AM

Send a message via MSN to Maineman1963
S Reg Svx !

Saw this on Ebay too, was pulled at £4k in typical crappy Ebay fashion as guess sold elsewhere. Ebay doesnt half p***s you off when this happens as so mnay "auctions" just don't run the course !! The car looked good and had been in Autotrader as said in Plymouth late last year/ early this when bought my 95 black Uk car. Would have bought this black S reg too !
Old 11-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji
Is it me or what?

As a "junior" member does there seem to be a growing interest in the SVX? there seems to be quite a few models turning up on ebay and the autotrader, and some of them not too bad looking examples either to boot! The bug has definitely bitten with me and I was pleased to be part of the JAE, where there seemed to be a bumper crop of svx's that turned up. Maybe the investment of paying a fortune for parts and servicing might eventually pay off on what was an initial cheap purchase. The two models on ebay at present, although not too bad, dont cut the mustard with me with them having the "Calibra" looking front end, but at least its still an SVX I suppose.

Lets hope the interest is growing.....
John
There seems to be more cars coming out of the woodwork, all right John.

It is nice to see in a way, but it appears to me they are selling quite cheap. For these cars to make their way up the Classics ladder in status and price, I think they would have to get scarce, and the market such as it is would have to notice or recognise the car in a "cult" way.

I can't see this happening in the near future. I think the values will continue to be kept low because it is easy to get rhd cars cheap from Japan. Until that market dries up, and they start to get really scarce, then we will continue to own cars at the bottom end of the value chain.

Buying one with low miles and laying it up is probably a good idea. Using one every day is probably not so good, value wise, if it was not such a nice car to own and drive.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineman1963
Saw this on Ebay too, was pulled at £4k in typical crappy Ebay fashion as guess sold elsewhere. Ebay doesnt half p***s you off when this happens as so mnay "auctions" just don't run the course !! The car looked good and had been in Autotrader as said in Plymouth late last year/ early this when bought my 95 black Uk car. Would have bought this black S reg too !
Yes, I was watching it.

Sorry you missed it David. The guy is a dealer. I suspect he was trying his hand, seeing what the market would offer. When it did not come close to his cost price or threshold in time, he pulled it.

Six and a half should buy that car, but that's just my guesstimate.

There's sure to be another along soon, if blueji is right!!

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-22-2005, 01:48 PM

Registered SVX
I can see where you are coming from Joe, but surley the fact these car's are scarce and not in abundance and the Uk spec slightly better than the JDM, the word here is education, many folk think I own a Masda or the like and when I've finally ran out of breath telling them what's under the bonnet and all four wheels are actually connected they have the same want as I had before I bought mine.
What is coming available right now is a great deal of auction meat and the good ones seem to go quick, as recently seen on ebay and pointed out by maineman.
Whatever the value in money the Glasses guide put on them comes no where near what they are worth to me......as the look of poeple wherever I go is priceless!!

John
Old 11-22-2005, 01:59 PM

Registered SVX
.....The word up from a friend of mine was the one in Aberdeen went on a good offer, and quite rightly so as Maineman pointed out, not in the spirit of Ebay, it p****d me off too and I was only whatching!

They have a saying up here....

He who hengs aboot get's he-haw!......(If your not fast, your last)

Now, about this Guinness Joe?......

John
Old 11-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueji
.....The word up from a friend of mine was the one in Aberdeen went on a good offer, and quite rightly so as Maineman pointed out, not in the spirit of Ebay, it p****d me off too and I was only whatching!

They have a saying up here....

He who hengs aboot get's he-haw!......(If your not fast, your last)

Now, about this Guinness Joe?......

John
Hey, as many a woman can testify John, I'm open to suggestion.

Name the time and the place. I'll be there. And seeing as you're in Scotland, a line from Macbeth is appropriate:

"Damn'd be he who first cries 'Hold! Enough'"

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-25-2005, 12:14 PM

Registered SVX
And as many a woman can testify for me Joe, I was too suggestive!!

If we'er getting into quotes and culture I will bow out gracefully, the only one I know (appropriately) is Martini........any place, any where, any time

John

Last edited by blueji; 11-25-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:01 AM

The problem here is the rarity of the car and to a certain extent the fact thaty we scare the bejesus out of the general public with stories of high cost repairs. In reality the SVX when compared to current cars it a relatively simple device. Garages can smell fear and often price accordingly. Only this week one of my customers was quoted £800 + vat so have a clutch fitted in a mercedes C180. Thats a £100 clutch and around four hours work! A great living if you can get it!! Either way, I've had a nice unmolested '95 SVx here now for ages. A '95 (N) UK car with 81k, service history, one owner plus the dealer from new. How many people have arrived to look at it? none, 0 bugger all! A real shame as these are absolutely beautifull cars in every respect. The Engine is possibly the nicest six cylinder ever to be fitted to a motor car and the styling is gorgeous. OK, so the gearbox on these cars is made of swiss cheese, its no biggie! Yes, it'll cost you £2k for a rebuild but a low mileage autobox from a WRX or legaxy will fit as long as you swap over the front diff and speed sensors. Identical and around £500. Remember that if you ask these recon sharks for a rebuild on a focus autobox they will charge you £1500. I digress. Anyone with £3800 burning a hole in thier pocket can come and pick up a very nice silver SVX here. I appreciate that I am contributing to the depreciation of the SVX..............and actually feel guilty about it!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to Maineman1963
Hello All Fellow Svx'ers

WSM have seen your car on Ebay as will always look for decent ones. See it is up for £3k currently which personally I think is quite good. I got a 95 Uk car . 90k miles 3 prev owners, FSH, for £3k which did not sell on Ebay ! Smashing car , nice to drive and gets admiring comments whereever it goes, no-one ever knows what they are. Only had to replace the battery in 12 mths ownership and add a new alarm/immobiliser as the existing one was shot ( and s**t for that matter too lol !!). I cannot see them picking up unless they get featured in say a classic car mag or TopGear/5th Gear etc . Even the Used Car roadshow featured Jap coupes and not a mention !!
There is an interesting red one on Ebay currently with LPG which could be fun save the conversion has no documentation. Would have a look at your silver one but a back operation stops me driving for another 7-10 days !! Fancy building a collection of SVX's ! Cheers, David

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: