Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 07-14-2011, 04:39 PM

JDM legacy GTB steering wheel

hey guys ive successfully fitted the later legacy GTB tiptronic auto steering wheel to my svx, BUT the auto tiptronic buttons dont control the auto ( mines manual anyway) they control the cruise control instead.
heres the wire break up.

cruise control wires are first, then legacy steering wheel wire colours
accel/resume: yellow / brown trace, join to blue on the steering wheel
set / coast: white / red trace, join to white on the steering wheel
common signal wire green/black trace join to black on steering wheel

there are no wires for the cancel function as it joins both contacts for the accel/resume and set/coast functions. so to cancel the cruise, i just press the up button on one side and the down button on the other side.

as for the airbag, my svx is a non airbag model so i dont know if the airbag is directly compatible with the svx airbag system. as i didnt use the airbag function, ive removed the ignitor from the back of the airbag and disopsed of it. ill post pics of the finished product when i get the camera out. thanks, Ben.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:30 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: JDM legacy GTB steering wheel

That is pretty cool. Got any pics? I have a black 90s legacy gt momo steering wheel in my blue one.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 PM

Registered SVX

got any pictures of yours? What up with heads up. how do you switch from RpM to Speed
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
got any pictures of yours? What up with heads up. how do you switch from RpM to Speed
I don't actually have any pics of mine yet. After my white car got wrecked I put the HUD in a box and it's kinda lost somewhere. There was a button to switch between speed and rpms. I have been meaning to put it back in my blue car, I bet it would be helpful with the 6-speed.

I would really like to see the paddle shifter one though.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Old 07-16-2011, 07:13 PM

some pics:

and one of the sti gearshift plate:
Old 07-16-2011, 07:17 PM

Registered SVX

Nicely done, sir. Looks oddly familiar hehe.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Nicely done, sir. Looks oddly familiar hehe.
except everything ic backwards : P i also have the limited version of the legacy steerign wheel you have, but its wood grain and leather. i couldnt see a way of mounting the cruise lever so decided on the later legacy wheel.
thanks, Ben.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:57 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93tzlegacy View Post
except everything ic backwards : P
True, lol. I finagled the SVX cruise stalk into the Legacy steering wheel.

Here's mine: