Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 10-25-2008, 01:57 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Fuel Cell system for ODBII vehicles, is it for you?

I'm not selling these, but will be getting one for our Nissan X-Trail as we drive the crap out of it.
But also checking to see if it can integrate into my 92 SVX, I think not, but maybe an ODBII SVX will connect up.

Anyway, have a peek:

http://befreetech.com/xcart/product....cat=268&page=1

Here's an email I received in the last Month, just an FYI, not sure how much of it is just Hype, but to me, the technology makes sense.

Dear Chris Gooderham, Hello from Dutchman Enterprises. We appreciate your having taken the time atsome time in the past to request a quote for a PICC for one or morevehicles(s). We were concerned about EPA issues with the technology originally,but we have re-designed around those considerations and we are no longerconcerned about our special catalytic converter qualifying with the EPA. Withgas prices rising as they have, other large interests have been looking forsolutions to some of their problems and we have discovered a common interest inhelping the American car manufacturers get back to doing what they do best…make the kind of vehicles Americans want. The door has opened for us to betterserve the American consumers. We have some extremely important news. Ford andDutchman have been talking and Ford finally gave permission for Dutchman totell the public what is going on. This last weekend, a Ford executive spentseveral hours speaking to the dealers involved in distributing the DutchmanEnterprises automotive technologies at their annual dealers convention.Dutchman Enterprises can now announce that the initial meeting withrepresentatives of Ford Motor Company went very well and both parties areexcited about testing the HAFC and PICC and for the potential of improving fueleconomy for American automobiles. The initial reaction of the Ford team involvedwas excitement and enthusiasm over the potential of both the HAFC and the PICC.Discussions have begun about both companies partnering together to furtherdevelop these technologies. Dutchman Enterprises received a letter from the engineer that is heading up theFord team to test the HAFC. In that letter from Corporate Headquarters inDearborn Michigan, the leading engineer wrote, “the (HAFC) concept makes goodsense.” There have been critics at large who have challenged the idea of watergas and called it a scam technology, but one has to consider the fact that noone knows more about automobiles and what makes sense relating to them than theengineers who design and build them. This same engineer, in the same letter,wrote, “We are also excited about the potential of the PICC technology.”Ford is discussing getting involved because these technologies make sense.Their testing is supposed to be over on or around October 1st, and theexecutive that addressed the dealers gave everyone the impression it was goingwell. They have even asked for more units and that is a good sign. Mr. Alan Mulally, CEO of Ford Motor Company, was interviewed on CNBC on the12th of September, and he told the reporter that there are some interestingthings happening in the alternative fuels area. He said, “Hydrogentechnologies, involving water, offer some incredible opportunities to dosomething with the engines we already have.” That is not a statement aboutregular Hydrogen Fuel Cells, which do not operate with current engines. It isreasonable to assume he is talking about water gas injection and theHydro-Assist Fuel Cells, which his people are currently testing. Of course, Dutchman Enterprises is excited about the prospects of partneringwith Ford Motor Company and their thousands of Ford dealers all across the USAand throughout the world. Not to mention the engineering and research prospectsfor developing the PICC to it’s full potential. It is not hard to see why Fordwould want to be able to get 50% (or even 30%) better mileage out of theirexisting SUVs and Pickup trucks. It could save the US auto industry to be ableto develop the PICC within a year or so to be able to get 100 miles per gallonor better (city and highway) with future SUVs and Pickups. Both of thesetechnologies have world wide patent protection owned by Dutchman Enterprises. What does this mean to you? It is time to seriously consider getting your HAFCkit on order NOW. The Ford executive mentioned that he thought our prices weretoo low and that they should be double what we are currently charging. I guesshe is right, because we were charging the same price we currently charge forthe kit when gas prices were half what they are now. When Ford comes in thatwill most likely change. The demand will also go through the roof! Just tomodify the Ford vehicles will involve 60 million cars. A word to the wise, getyour HAFC on order. The PICC will most likely not be on the market for anotheryear or so. Ford will want to develop it with new car designs in mind, whileDutchman Enterprises will absolutely insist on an after market version as well,but that will delay it for well over a year down the road. In the meantime, canthere be any doubt now that the concept of the HAFC is sound and can improvefuel economy? You have the benefit of being able to get a little ahead of thecurve while the price is half what it will be and while there is not a waitinglist as long as the gas lines in the 70s. As, we are sure, you have already discovered, we have assigned a customerservice representative, who works for one of our dealers, to you. If you haveany questions about this message, please contact Manager, your customerservice representative, using this email address, support@preignitioncc.com. Let ourrepresentative do his or her best to answer all your questions and get yourHAFC kit in process. One report we recently read made the point that by merelyincreasing the mileage of vehicles in America by a mere 30% we could eliminateour need for ANY of the middle Eastern oil! Can you imagine what we can do forAmerica and American car manufacturers just by installing the HAFC kits now?When Ford joins us, we will be able to put a LOT of people back to work andstop this fossil fuels insanity. With their help, our PICC will be all that itcan be, and all American car manufacturers can get us all the cars and pickuptrucks we want with no concern for fuel costs or pollution. This is the answerwe are all looking for. Thank you for your support in this effort. If you have any questions about this announcment, please contact your customerservice representative who is Manager using the his email address,support@preignitioncc.com. Dedicated to a safe, environmentally sound, and prosperous America, Dennis Lee (CEO-Dutchman Enterprises, LLC) P.S. Please do not respond to this email address because we do not monitor itfor incoming email. If you need to contact someone, please contact yourcustomer service rep and/or dealer.

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms
Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: Fuel Cell system for ODBII vehicles, is it for you?

Some differing opinions.

http://www.texassolar.com/?p=9

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Well my take on this is,,, it is just unbelievable.

It says " It can be customized to use anywhere from 10-30 amps to produce from 60 to 120 liters of hydrogen / oxygen mixture per hour."

So it consumes 360 watts of engine power, to produce 120 liters of a gas. Not 120 liters of liquid fuel.

I don't think you will get very far down the road on 120 Lt's of gas when our engine consumes 1650 Lt's of air per revolution.

The idea of heating the liquid fuel has been around for a few years, we used kerosene in engines by doing that some time ago.

Then there is the 6 magnets,,,,,,,,,, what more can I say.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Well, it made some sense, and adding O2 and H back with Fuel makes lots of sense, but $1000 is way too expensive, I'll try one when it gets down to $200 or less.

OMHO I beleive the technology has potential, but not cost effective.

We almost bought an ornimental fireplace that required a 60amp circuit to run the flame, and no chimney. but the flame was only about 12 inches high, out of a single dispursment, not worth the $5000 they wanted for the unit.
here's a quick link to one that came out in 2006 or so @ $50,000
http://www.bookofjoe.com/2006/01/hydrogen_firepl.html

Old 10-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

$200 in the crapper is as bad as $1000 in the crapper, in terms of return on investment.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:33 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
$200 in the crapper is as bad as $1000 in the crapper, in terms of return on investment.
Perhaps, but unfortunately there are too many users who have postred that they are getting results. Some with other systems.

Plus I like to try new tech.

And I waste $200 on stuff that does way less for me. Call it a lesson learned

Old 10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Another piece of info, They are claiming it also works on ODB1 systems, passively, but requires manual tuning. Its starting to loose its Technology advantage. If its nothing more than a passive H and O2 gas injector, then its pretty feable.
Perhaps i just want to beleive.

Here's the latest email I received from them: It appears they seem to have an answer for everything....

Hi Chris,

I'm too busy selling HAFC's at an incredible rate - to spend time helping you over the error of your mis-conceptions about what the experience with Ford meant to us - so fortunately Dennis can help you if you're willing to listen to him explain where we are and the issue of Ford.

If you haven't yet seen http://befreetech.com/ford.htm then read that, then go to http://befreetech.com/conference_calls.htm and click to listen to the conference from the 23rd. It's prominately listed and clicking the link or right clicking the link will allow you to play the downloaded file in "Real Player".

Old 10-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Phil & Belha

Please don't fall for this SCAM.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 10-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
Please don't fall for this SCAM.
Phil you obversely haven't looked at Dennis Lee's free electricity, look mate this is amazing.
I don't know how this bloke can say thousand of words about it, but tell you nothing.

I invested in free electricity myself 20 years ago, solar and wind, that is the only way I can see of obtaining power for nothing.

( well you have to buy the gear in the first place )
There really is nothing, for nothing.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:08 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Don't worry, I won't be getting scammed.