Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 06-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Bat'Qul

Send a message via Yahoo to Bat'Qul
Alaska-Elmendorf AFB

Hey is there anyone in alaska? There are loads of Subarus up here, and altleast for me its been hard to find experts on the SVX. Also mechanics are about 90 dollars and hour, shipping up here is a pain in the Ars.
I been taking up most of the work myself..but somethings are out of my hand...anyone can walk me through the brake band adjustment? I have access to a great shop and the airforces tool chest but i am far from a mechanical expert. I been going through the "how to" but maybe i missed the break band adjustment..and what am i adjusting it to?

She had a surging problem due to the voltage regulator on the Alt but i fixed that.. I am trying to track down the stalling at what apears to be random but starts right up. I can be at speed or at idle. Need to do the bearings and R&P and valve covers..and figure out the clunk and clink (and she bucks sometimes) when i let of the throttle and then press it again

However recently I found the I am getting restationed to MCCONNEL AFB, in kansas.. Will be great to be there shipping will be better. Although i dont think she is ready for the drive..I wanted to Visit my sister in cali since i havent seen my family in 4 years.. so my drive will be close to 7k miles...

Everyone thinks i should sell her and keep my truck...but i acutally trying to sell my truck, to take care of her!

Might be in kansas in August
Old 06-30-2008, 01:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Turbone Send a message via AIM to Turbone Send a message via Yahoo to Turbone Send a message via Skype™ to Turbone
Registered SVX
Re: Alaska-Elmendorf AFB

This would be the only person I know of in AK.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/member.php?u=1663
Old 06-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Bat'Qul

Send a message via Yahoo to Bat'Qul
Re: Alaska-Elmendorf AFB

thanks i know there is another guy up here....he is on yahoo groupes..im trying to get him over on this site.. ..i seen atleast 6 svxes up here..
Interesting story..by a doctor in miami. I am from miami and joined the airforce. The doctor gave it to his son in the navy and brought up Alaska. Where she met me (svx). I had to have her..love at first sight.

crazy Xgf keyed the hood.

Looking for a new SVX!