Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-30-2007, 02:56 PM

Sorry to know of your misfortune, Damian. Having been there (twice), my advice is to do your dead-level best to keep things as amicable as possible. If it gets ugly, the kids are liable to get the worst of it. Hopefully the two of you can split your stuff agreeably, settle on reasonable support, shake hands and get on down the road.

My second ex was a child-support prosecutor here in Ga., and she used to say that a bell went off in her office whenever a mom went onto the rolls of a state program. Be aware that whatever child support arrangement y'all strike may change if your wife applies for any sort of assistance. Good luck.

dcb
Old 10-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx View Post
Thanks for your support, I need it. Scheduled a appt with lawyer tomorrow. She is willing to give me the house and joint custody,right now. She hasnt talked to her lawyer yet. All I am worrying about is my kids-dont care if I lose everything as long as I can do what I can for them. Life goes on, thats my motto right now and I hope she can find happiness in her life. Thanks Yall Damian
yeah man, you have to keep an eye on the kids. she'll probably date a douche that'll make their lives miserable. that too is common from what i hear.

that's why i ain't getting effing married...
Old 11-04-2007, 06:04 PM
building more AK47's

Well being alone in "our" house 3 nights a week sucks. She moved in with her best freind until her apartment is ready Ive always done for her except one thing and that was not romance her like I did when we got together. Seems like everytime something started to go good for us she would get upset about it. Oh well Im just worried how this is affecting our kids since she needed her space. To me it seems stupid and feel there might be someone else involved. Cant imagine how she is going to do it on her own as everyone needs some dependence on someone. Hope she doesnt ask me to fix the SVX as she has it now-dont care how it ends up after all the work I put into it. Just f***in blows.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
not much to say but sorry to hear buddy. It will get better trust me...maybe not in a minute from now and maybe not in a week from now but trust me it will get better and you will be happy again...just give it some time.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:15 PM
building more AK47's

Tonite when I dropped my kids off she asked why I looked upsetWTF
why does she care how I feel anymore, cant stand to be around her now after arguing over the past 3 weeks about this, made to feel it was all MY fault in this. Marriage is 2 sides together and over the past 9 years Ive done everything for HER. Cook,clean,take care of 2 kids,build her a house she dont want now,put up with her past,etc. I always gave to her what she wanted and didnt do the one thing she asked and it screwed me. Thank god there are 6 billion people in the world, maybe Ill find my "true" love.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
building more AK47's

Also before all this got blown out of whack she took 4k out of the 14k "we" had refinanced and told me she only took 1k. Found the reciept in the garbage and was just a little upset as some of this money was for my kids college fund. SHe feels entitled to half(joint acct) but is not willing to pay it back on "our' mortgage. Hope she finds a "good" man in her future-just leave my kids alone in that sense.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
it is nothing but BS headgames. talk less to her b/c all she is doing is mind f-ing you. I have been just like you (give give give and no taking) and it got me nowhere. Don't be an a$$ but don't be a puss either. if she asks if you are upset ask her why she cares or ignore it.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:28 PM
building more AK47's

Cant stand to even look at her and she tells me that is what she has put up with over the past 2 years. Sorry after you tell me its over ITS OVER, dont ask me how I feel anymore. DOnt have to put up with her mindgames anymore. Kinda nice come home to peace and quiet-except for my kids Going to work out a schedule for them where I dont have to deal with her that much, thats all I can do right now. Thanks for the support
Old 11-04-2007, 06:41 PM

Registered SVX
Having been there I feel qualified to offer some advice.

Be angry rather than remorseful and sentimental. Stand by your guns and do not give way in any shape or form by way of kindness. You will be thought of as weak rather than kind. Time for benevolence when all is sorted and the children know what is what. Do things right and you could wind up still good friends with your ex, as I did. Bow and scrape and she will walk all over you.

This will all cost you money, but the peace of mind to follow will provide you with a greater capacity to improve your finances. You now have a load off your mind which has been a drag for a long time. Rejoice, there is another far better partner waiting, and second time round experience should prevent another balls up. (N.B. pun!)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 PM
building more AK47's

How true
Troubled User wrote:
Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3 , Football 5.0 , Hunting and Fishing 7.5 , and Racing 3.6.

I can’t seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I’m thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 , but the uninstall doesn’t work on Wife 1.0 . Please help!

Thanks,
Troubled User…..

Tech Support wrote:
Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING !!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfrie nd 7.0 . It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed.

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony/Child Support . I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application “Yes Dear”
to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE! because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0 , Cook It 1.5 ! and Do Bills 4.2 .

However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 !

WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3 . This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system!

Best of luck,

Tech Support
Old 11-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Man, that blows... I dunno what to say cuz I don't have any divorce experience aside from the lady that used to live down the street from my parents, but her divorce was the result of coming home early and finding her husband in bed with someone that wasn't her...

And I want an AK47, or did she run off with those?
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 11-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
And I want an AK47, or did she run off with those?
Oh no... not that!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 PM
building more AK47's

No she is not a fan of the AK-47. At least I ll have more time for myself to build a few more of them. Also planning on buying another SVX after this blows over as she got that as a "gift" after wrecking her Legacy last year. Move on with my life and my kids and try to make the most of it. Trying to get together with some old friends that she didnt like since we got married. ALways had her friends around but mine were never welcome. At least I can go on vacation now and really GO ON VACATION

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: