Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Lightbulb $2444 car due for 2008!!!

Hi All,

here is a gr8 news from Indian Automotive Industry legend TATA motors press release...
"Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata’s dream project, the “people’s” car, is all set to become a reality by 2008. “The car should be out some time in 2008. It is in the prototype stage and protypes are running. Its cost will be somewhere between a motorcycle and a car,” Mr Tata said in an interview to ‘The Week’ magazine. The vehicle was at the proptotype stage now and the company would soon start producing it before a formal launch in 2008, Mr Tata said when asked at what stage is the Rs one lakh car." - TATA Media reports

This car is going to be powered by a 600 cc engine, which could have air conditioning option and seat four to five people . Tata Motors is in the process of building a plant in Singur in West Bengal for the people's car, which it hopes to roll out by next year. I am sure this will make a revolution in the India's car and the biggest 2-wheeler market. As for now foreign companies like Ford, Chevrolet, Opel, Hyundai, Suzuki, Honda and Toyota are making big profits by selling their cars at overprice and sometimes double the price of here(especially Toyota and Honda) for the same models.

-Pavan .
Old 03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
Where did you get that price from?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
finaly a car to laugh at other then the geo metro
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 03-09-2007, 12:07 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

1 lak rupees is the equivalent of about the amount that pavan stated

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 03-09-2007, 04:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
More of the same

So.

In our current times, when we deal with Music artists {loosely meant}, and Movie and Television writers, who have just enough talent to get away with copying the material that thier parent's grew up with, now we have a flaming example of another.

The People's Car.

Hmmmmmm.

Ah yes. HITLER Introduced The PEOPLE'S CAR to the world.
That project turned out pretty well after all these years.
The VW line proved itself to be a very long lasting project.

We did benefit with a model for the modern day super-highway also.

Anyway. The point is, I wish someone would introduce some real free thinking, and fix the whole gas problem once and for all, and put the Oil Sluts where they belong.

Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hi All,

here is a gr8 news from Indian Automotive Industry legend TATA motors press release...
"Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata’s dream project, the “people’s” car, is all set to become a reality by 2008. “The car should be out some time in 2008. It is in the prototype stage and protypes are running. Its cost will be somewhere between a motorcycle and a car,” Mr Tata said in an interview to ‘The Week’ magazine. The vehicle was at the proptotype stage now and the company would soon start producing it before a formal launch in 2008, Mr Tata said when asked at what stage is the Rs one lakh car." - TATA Media reports

This car is going to be powered by a 600 cc engine, which could have air conditioning option and seat four to five people . Tata Motors is in the process of building a plant in Singur in West Bengal for the people's car, which it hopes to roll out by next year. I am sure this will make a revolution in the India's car and the biggest 2-wheeler market. As for now foreign companies like Ford, Chevrolet, Opel, Hyundai, Suzuki, Honda and Toyota are making big profits by selling their cars at overprice and sometimes double the price of here(especially Toyota and Honda) for the same models.

-Pavan .
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles

Last edited by ShiuludeSVX; 03-10-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Others

Of course we can also remember ones such as the Yugo.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

I'd buy 2 personally. My wife works 2 miles away (long way around) and I'm about 1.5 miles from home. I ride my cycle 95% of the time, she rides her bike about 1/3 of the time. In a heartbeat I'd buy a Kei truck or mini car from Japan even with the same restrictions they put on the $10k golfcart crap chrysler and GM sell. Then again, I'm more than satisfied with my Johnson so I don't need a car to make me feel better about my jock strap size.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX
Anyway. The point is, I wish someone would introduce some real free thinking, and fix the whole gas problem once and for all, and put the Oil Sluts where they belong.
First other than the name, the car doesn't share a whole lot with the old VW bug.

Second, the car does have a few fresh ideas such as a 600cc engine which I'm guessing uses motorcycle engine technology since most engines that small are from motorcycles. I think a nice small displacement vtwin would be great in a car...they are quite torquey on a bike, so a tiny car could probably get away with one if it was geared and setup properly for the application.

Lastly, what you would like to see that would be in your opinion "fresh thinking"? We have all seen battery technology and personally I think it doesn't make much sense environmentally or financially to have electric or hybrid cars. That leaves what? Hydrogen and nuclear powered cars??? Solar if you want to really stretch your imagination, but they still rely heavily on batteries...Not really anything seems promising out of those three.

The bicycle is extremely efficient, but it's also slow as hell compared to a car and it's hardly getting any new supporters with a new mcdonalds popping up every few seconds all over the globe.

Gasoline is extremely potent for it's weight, so it's hard to find anything that offers the benefits. Everything is either too weak or too heavy...
Old 03-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
finaly a car to laugh at other then the geo metro
Whats wrong with the Suzuki Swift/Sprint/Metro/Firefly? The 3 cyl motor will go forever and at least it's built in Canada unlike the craptastic Chevy Aveo which is a rebadged Daewoo built in South Korea. BTW I laugh everytime I fill up my Metro 44 MPG and tank that holds a little over 10 gallons.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
I'd buy 2 personally. My wife works 2 miles away (long way around) and I'm about 1.5 miles from home. I ride my cycle 95% of the time, she rides her bike about 1/3 of the time. In a heartbeat I'd buy a Kei truck or mini car from Japan even with the same restrictions they put on the $10k golfcart crap chrysler and GM sell. Then again, I'm more than satisfied with my Johnson so I don't need a car to make me feel better about my jock strap size.
I'd buy two also...... One for each foot.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Other Options

Hydrogen. Yeah, Hindenburg. But we have made advancements in various technologies since then.
There are plans for Hydrogen vehicle retrofits that have been around since at least 1937.

HHO....About 8 months ago someone released working results for a machine that processed water, and produced a solution of two parts Hydrogen and one part Oxygen. He went on to use the solution to power a welding machine, and went from there to actually retrofitting some vehicles that had a specific type of engine configuration.
His story even made it to HeadLine News. For 2 days.
But, after looking for investors for a short time, he sent out a bulletin to those of us who were considering his option. A corporation {name undisclosed} bought the entire rights to the technology he developed.

I don't mean to lean to conspiracy theories.
So, excercise your right to think about this situation, and develope your own conclusions.

Then..http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1
Try this link. Very high priced. But look at the possibilities.
Yes, right now Tesla = Toy. But practicality surely must follow.
The worlds entire Space Program came about from experimentation, and what was once considered Toys.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Thought it would be interesting for some of you....check this -Pavan
Old 03-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX
Then..http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1
Try this link. Very high priced. But look at the possibilities.
Yes, right now Tesla = Toy. But practicality surely must follow.
The worlds entire Space Program came about from experimentation, and what was once considered Toys.
That does look like it has possibilities, but it is a little high on the price. $100,000 is out of the average persons budget!

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 03-31-2007, 09:38 AM

Registered SVX
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
That does look like it has possibilities, but it is a little high on the price. $100,000 is out of the average persons budget!
I do realize that, but all things new are marketed in order to make up for the initial output. Surely time will bring the prices down on thier vehicles.

Plus, there will be other models that will be taylored to a somewhat lower area of the price spectrum.

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: