Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by shelfy
i have to say i've been pretty pleased with my overpriced iPod for the past 15 months. it will only play for about an hour an full charge with the backlight on though. thankfully, i'm never in a situation where it's not being powered.
we'll see if doug's right about the battery of the ipod.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:19 AM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
we'll see if doug's right about the battery of the ipod.
i'd say yes. it was my full intent to pass on the 40gb to hubby and buy myself the new iPhoto color 60gb, but i couldn't pass up the price i got another 3rd gen 40gb.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 02-09-2005, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shelfy
i'd say yes. it was my full intent to pass on the 40gb to hubby and buy myself the new iPhoto color 60gb, but i couldn't pass up the price i got another 3rd gen 40gb.
don't know about ipod. i've read good things and just as many bad things. i guess it would depend on if i HAVE to install their software to transfer files.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I think you can change the batteries in newer iPods but not the older ones.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:56 PM

Check out the iriver site and if all you want is music, the 700 or 800 series should do just fine for ya.
Personaly Im going to check out the H-series players when I decide to get one.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:42 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Harry, I'd go with the H10 iRiver. It's got all you wanted and a little more... FM tuner & voice recorder plus a color display you can view pictures on and a replaceable battery. 5 gigs of storage is more than enough for a long trip and who the heck wants to store their entire music library? IMO it's too much to sift through for the really good stuff you might be in the mood for at the time.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:32 AM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
I work on IPODs at work. The batteries are serviceable and you can do it yourself. They average about 1-2 years in battery life before the cells begin to dry out very quickly. They are prone to freezing and such, but they can be fixed easily with a quick reset or operating system restore.
The batteries are available online for about 30 bucks.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 02-15-2005, 12:04 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
iPods suck. You can get a comparable MP3 player with just as much/more storage for about half the price.

I needed something tiny so I got a PNY 256MB model with voice recorder for $50, added a 256MB SD card I got for $10. Half a gig of music is plenty for me, and I get about 16hours of battery life on one AAA. My only complaint is that the USB cable has a special connector, I imagine if I ever lost it it would be difficult to find another.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 02-15-2005, 01:12 PM
ThetaReactor

Creative players tend to deliver a great bang for the buck, and they [and the iRivers] sound better than the iPods. The latest super-slim MuVo costs as much as the comparable iPod Shuffle, but has twice the features. LCD, FM tuner, all sorts of stuff.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:13 PM
no limitation as limitation

psp........ it plays movies why not mp3s.

if you want a mp3 player, dvr or tv capture car for you computer you better get one before july 5th because the man is instituting some crazy laws that make some of these things illegal without a hard core copyright protection built in. not that his week software would stop mee from stickin it to the man but it could be a nusance for everyday users who prefer to lightly poke the man be removing camershals with their dvr. by the way you wont be able to do that soon eather because its considered steeling to remove comershals. ill find the web page of the org that lobbies agenst this stuff. but yeah rage agenst the machine, hack the planet whatever. its rediculus that the hole RIAA thing has gotten so out of hand that their going after product designers making a toxic enviroment for inovation and you know what that means to me? i dont get cool new shiz. why? because the guy who wants to make it has to go to all the record labels the movie producers tv executives and congress just to make sure that it doesnt conflict with their new law banning "anything that gives a person the ability to comit copy right infringment."
Old 02-15-2005, 02:29 PM
ThetaReactor

Steak knives give people the ability to commit heinous, gruesome murders. Let's outlaw them. Pencils, too. We'll do all our legal work in crayon from now on.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan

if you want a mp3 player, dvr or tv capture car for you computer you better get one before july 5th because the man is instituting some crazy laws that make some of these things illegal without a hard core copyright protection built in. not that his week software would stop mee from stickin it to the man but it could be a nusance for everyday users who prefer to lightly poke the man be removing camershals with their dvr. by the way you wont be able to do that soon eather because its considered steeling to remove comershals. ill find the web page of the org that lobbies agenst this stuff. but yeah rage agenst the machine, hack the planet whatever. its rediculus that the hole RIAA thing has gotten so out of hand that their going after product designers making a toxic enviroment for inovation and you know what that means to me? i dont get cool new shiz. why? because the guy who wants to make it has to go to all the record labels the movie producers tv executives and congress just to make sure that it doesnt conflict with their new law banning "anything that gives a person the ability to comit copy right infringment."
Thanks for the input, but I see no difference in owning that playstation portable and owning my PDA. Currently my PDA can play music, dvd rips, avi files, wardrive, and all the other PDA features used to make life easier. Other than playing games, I don't see how the PSP's going to beat a PDA. It looks bulkier than my PDA with a whole hell of alot less features than a PDA.

Why would I spend $400-$500 on a gaming device? Well I guess I would if I was a gamer, but since I'm not, it does me no good. Thanks for the tip though, I didn't know such devices were being produced. Adds to my list of gifts if I ever need one for someone.

Yeah and for those who didn't know, the man has his sights targetted on the company that produces Hooked on Phonics. The man thinks that if we educate the youth, there would be rage against the machine and the 'hacking teh planet' revolution would occur. (Who the **** makes up stuff like 'Hacking the Planet'?) Anyway I urge all those who needs this great utility to get one ASAP and stop the man from keeping them ignorant! Power to the people!!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:48 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan

I guess you can say good bye to cd-rs, computers, and the internet

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 02-15-2005, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

I guess you can say good bye to cd-rs, computers, and the internet
i haven't researched it yet, but is what matthewmongan true? someone have a reputable link to back up his statements or is it some urban legend email that's floating around?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Hater

OMG! no more teh internets?!?!?

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: