How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-16-2013, 08:24 AM

Registered SVX
Question Programming infrared key??

Hi everyone, this one has me beat, and (4 Subaru dealers) My UK car and JDM Alcyone SVX's has the factory fitted infrared locking/opening built into the door handle. I'm trying to get the JDM one to work correctly, the central locking works on both doors when the key is inserted into the drivers door handle/lock, the secret 4 digit pin code also works, when I program it in (you can open the door from it's locked position without using the key) all this works correctly. What I can't do is open/lock the car using the infrared key (single button on original Subaru key) Tried different batteries and have also seen the infrared beam coming from the key (only visible when using video/camera) I have swapped the central locking ecu over, and the infrared sensor in the door handle (from my spare JDM car) Subaru dealers are clueless about the SVX, one has mentioned 2 white connectors in the drivers kick panel (they are plugged together to get the car into programming mode?)
I have these wires,I have tried plugging and unplugging- no joy.
From what I know, the US didn't get this system, so maybe only Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand people can help me with the correct programming/sequence?
Thanks Mal
ps the UK car works perfectly (has sensors in both door handles) even tried programming the UK key to work the JDM= no joy