SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Track local fuel costs easily online

I was browsing motortrend, and came across this little widget thing, that tracks fuel prices at local stations, updated pretty much daily. Well, I found it rather useful so I snapped a link to the widget and put it on a web page that is blank with no added bonus crap. Here you go, just add your zip code, select fuel type, and sort, and it'll give you all the local prices of fuel in real time.

http://www.jopim.com
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Track local fuel costs easily online

Pretty cool! Thanks for that. Seeing as I can find Premium under 2 dollars now =D

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
trying to misbehave more...

Registered SVX

Thanks! So much better than wading thru web static.
'95 LSi, a stock, superb, polo green, "not a garage queen"; Miss May in the '09 calendar! Sold in 2016.
'63 Studebaker Avanti; almost 20 years later, "open hood, pour in money" but what a design!
'64 Studebaker Daytona, red w/rag top; part of the Presidential Parade (as in DC) & probably why my right ear rings
'71 Mercedes 280 SEL; a partial restoration that always rode like a limo
'72 Datsun 240Z; simply fun, and the #2 sports car of the '70s
'73 Plymouth Scamp w/a small V-8; cute, and the faster I drove, the better the MPG
'90 Acura Legend; the last year of the first sports sedan, terrific handling plus comfy touring
Old 11-26-2008, 09:13 AM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX

what's a jopim?

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 11-26-2008, 09:36 AM

brandable 5 letter domain in the .com realm. CVCVC.com tend to go for pretty high prices when sold, especially if htey're pronouncable.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
brandable 5 letter domain in the .com realm. CVCVC.com tend to go for pretty high prices when sold, especially if htey're pronouncable.
gotcha. what's a cvcvc?

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 11-26-2008, 04:45 PM

consinant, vowel, consinant, vowel, consinant. They're easier to remember, and most likely pronouncable, like jopim. Also there aren't very many. VCVCV is less likely to be pronouncable, and they're fewer, so they're not as desirable. it's like 3 letter domain names, they go for a fortune in any configuration, same as 4. right now with availability, the real only desirable 5 character names are pronouncable CVCVC. In a few years they'll be eaten up so any 5 character name will be more valuable. Also single words are desirable, double are in hte middle, and 3 word domains are pretty much useless, but that may change as time goes on. FLAWL, NIZEY, PACOH, UVVER are some of my 5 letters that aren't worth as much now, but in the future will be, as they're not as brandable, but that won't matter when availability goes down. KNP.com being a 3 letter is not pronouncable, nor brandable, but because it's 3 letter, and there's so few of them, would be worth several thousand dollers, if not more. TheShoeStore.com is ok, as it's brandable, but not worth as much because of 3 word, and you can pop a "The" on the beginning of near anything, so it's not really special. It took me years to figure all this out, with thousands of wasted dollers on domains that I thought were worth something, but in the end were not. FLAWL.com is one. The fact that it's 5 letters is ok, semi pronouncable, ok, but not rare enough yet. The fact that the site FLAWL.us was an actual site is the only thing that made it worth anything, but hte site tanked, so it's essentially worthless. Plus the TLD is part of the name, FLAWLUS, pronounced flawless, was trying to be the next hotornot.com, but the era had already passed.