Old 05-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LarryIII
[B]Ron,,

'friggin' is slang for freaking.
Doesn't your 'Box-O-Funk & Wagnalls' define the terms ?
Also, the corporate world is full-o-BS, as anyone who is a 'Wordsmith' knows.

... and what's freaking slang for? Fr***in' was always a way to slip in the other "F" word when in semi-polite company.
When in doubt, ask Rosie. I'm sure her wordsmithing is more comprehensive, given her occupation.

Just funkin' around - Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-28-2002, 12:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
Wink

larry III i been ther done that , i have kick my self in the ass many of times,, the worst i had brand new 18" niche shocks i hit debri in the road i was in la la land not looking it was a brickthat fel of a truck it bent the whole rim blew the tire and broke the shock ,, u will live and learn, and dont kick yourself too hard LOL

Old 05-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Maybe we could implement special forums such as: Anything Goes, Milquetoast, Double Digit IQs, People that hate xxx (white, green, mods, etc.) For Those that Can't Spell, Poor/Non-Existant Grammar Skills, etc. Or we could leave things as they are and be a little more tolerant of those that aren't exactly like ourselves. Viva la Difference!, If It Wasn't for Bad, We Wouldn't Know What Good Is.

If you don't like someone don't read their posts. I don't recall anyone here being elected 'The Perfect One'. By the same token try to be compassionate regarding others in a public forum. Don't forget, you are representing yourself when you post.

*Buys a round of Xanax for the troops*
Old 05-28-2002, 07:54 PM
greg

Beav said:"Maybe we could implement special forums such as: Anything Goes, Milquetoast, Double Digit IQs, People that hate xxx (white, green, mods, etc.) For Those that Can't Spell, Poor/Non-Existant Grammar Skills, etc. Or we could leave things as they are and be a little more tolerant of those that aren't exactly like ourselves. Viva la Difference!, If It Wasn't for Bad, We Wouldn't Know What Good Is.

If you don't like someone don't read their posts. I don't recall anyone here being elected 'The Perfect One'. By the same token try to be compassionate regarding others in a public forum. Don't forget, you are representing yourself when you post.

*Buys a round of Xanax for the troops*"

I agree with beav. There are too many people, including myself, that are too worried about how or what someone said to really read and take the information (or lack there of) for what it is worth!
As for the original post, I am with you Larry III. I have ruined a wheel. I was driving like and idiot and I just lost control of the car and hit a curb (it could have been worse, I stopped less than a foot from hitting a tree too) If it is not tuning a radio, it's someone talking to you or a phone or something else as silly as not paying attention because you have other things on the mind. Accidents happen!!!! Is that not the reason for INSURANCE? Sorry to hear about the unfortunate wheel, If I had an extra you would be welcome to it... Sorry
-G <-------took his Xanax
Old 05-29-2002, 04:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
SVX'in,

I had an extra '97 light colored wheel with an old tire mounted on it. It is now on my '92 (right front). I used to ***** & moan about peolpe driving with one hand and yakking on their cell phone with the other. Not any more. Maybe we should start a forum called "Driving for Dummies". I can be the charter member.

Also, you are so right. Thank God for differences. That's what makes this country great. I like differnt cars, music, food (and lots of it), and, dare I say; women. If everything and evryone were the same, the world would be boring.

Finally, the SVX is about as 'different' as you can get; from its AWD to its weird side windows. To paraphase a Subaru marketing line: "It's expensive and built to stay that way".

Larry III
Old 05-29-2002, 05:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
In my previous post, I did not type ***** & moan.
I typed
B
I
T
C
H
which is a the definition for a female dog. See, any system can be beat. If there is a politically correct censorship program on this site, someone in charge better speak up NOW. The first thing we better settle on is the list of banned words. I'm Ticked and you will not get anymore money from me until this policy changes.

Larry Singer

Last edited by LarryIII; 05-29-2002 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:11 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Ditto that for me also.

Plus, if we all liked the same things we'd be standing in one heckuva long line.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
First of all, I do not set the "banned" words. They were set by default in the system, and I have no way of changing it. E-mail sith, he may be able to do it.

Second of all, like I've tried to point out, I only respond when other members complain. I'll gladly take the crap to guard their anonymity. Better you ***** at me than at others.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 05-29-2002, 10:11 AM
PDhamSVXer

banned words

Come on guys... first of all, I do believe that words are just that words, however, words are offensive to some. We all know pretty much what can and cannot be said on this network and you can guess what words have been banned by the system. Therefore dont use words or say things that might be viewed as offensive. I am certain most of us on this message board are fairly educated therefore, we should all be able to find a way to voice our opinions with out offending or feeling the need to use any of the "banned" words. This entire arguement over what can and can not be said seems a little silly to me. This is a board for the exchange of SVX related ideas, and other unrelated personnal info, i dont see a need for vulgarity in order to achieve that.
Just my 2 cents.

Paul
Old 05-29-2002, 10:21 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Unhappy Still......

I don't want to hear "PLUCK YEW" too often in these pages....
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 05-29-2002, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by punisher
Yeah man, you really need to pay attention when you're operating a 3500 lb machine. It actually really annoys me when I hear about people getting into accidents because they were messing with the radio or on the cell phone or some bull**** like that. Be thankful it was only a friggin tire. Learn from the mistake and move on. When the car is moving, keep your damn eyes on the road at all times.
Yup punisher, you never make mistakes do you?
Old 05-29-2002, 12:26 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
here's my two cents....

I think we've all lost a little bit of focus here. This is the best online family in the world. I don't know anywhere else that is as fun, helpful, and informational as this network is. And we're planning the greatest get-together to which I believe we're all looking forward.

Yet, we all need to display a bit of decorum. I will not argue that certain words, once taboo, are now part of the vernacular, but is it truly necessary to use them? Personally, I'm not offended, but there are those in this group that are.

As someone else (I forget who in the long list above) pointed out, the use of curse words goes a long way toward making one appear ignorant.
Is it that hard to type "p****d off" or "f***" when you're so frustrated you can't see straight? I think that we all here would know what was meant even if the actual word wasn't used.

And remember that this is an open site which is visible to anyone surfing the net and running across it. That means that our comments can be seen by anyone of any age.

Use smilies when you want to make sure something comes across as a joke if it's possible that it might not be taken as such.

And, bottom line, let's remember what this forum is all about --- SVXes!!!! And having a good time with friends.

~~ Michelle
(ok, that was more like $2 worth)

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 05-29-2002, 01:46 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: here's my two cents....

Quote:
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
I think we've all lost a little bit of focus here. -----------****And, bottom line, let's remember what this forum is all about --- SVXes!!!! And having a good time with friends.

~~ Michelle
(ok, that was more like $2 worth)

More like a million Michelle!
Old 05-29-2002, 03:23 PM
LearJeff

Angry

What's that old saying my stepdad taught me when I was a kid? Something to the effect of "Profanity is a crutch for the cripple conversationalist."

I always liked that one.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Member #447

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LearJeff
What's that old saying my stepdad taught me when I was a kid? Something to the effect of "Profanity is a crutch for the cripple conversationalist."

I always liked that one.
I've said this one before.. but as my grandmother used to say after she hit me in the back of the head (dope slap style)

"Profanity is the attempt of a weak mind to express itself forcefully"