How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-03-2002, 09:45 PM
svx2bu

Got it back today ( kinda )

Well I picked up my baby today, 2 weeks in the shop after getting rear-ended. I was originally very impressed with Frank's Autobody then noticed a few things.

1. Bumper not hung right
2. Heat shield was damaged at the screws mounting it...1 hangs lose and rattles.
3. Missing the trunk release lever.
4. Missing Lt side SVX logo on pillar.
5. Closing trunk is difficult.
6. Power antenna not working correctly.
7. CD was ejected then the door closed.

Thats all so far...I only drove it to the Muffler shop...et it back tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:47 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: Got it back today ( kinda )

Quote:
Originally posted by svx2bu
Well I picked up my baby today, 2 weeks in the shop after getting rear-ended. I was originally very impressed with Frank's Autobody then noticed a few things.

1. Bumper not hung right
2. Heat shield was damaged at the screws mounting it...1 hangs lose and rattles.
3. Missing the trunk release lever.
4. Missing Lt side SVX logo on pillar.
5. Closing trunk is difficult.
6. Power antenna not working correctly.
7. CD was ejected then the door closed.

Thats all so far...I only drove it to the Muffler shop...et it back tomorrow.
Take it back. Any reputable body shop will want to make it right.

For the record - all eyes - if you have to use a body shop, ask for a tour. It'll be a real eye opener. I got three estimates on Sharon's Volvo. The first shop had been open less than a year. Lots of room, relatively tidy, around a half dozen cars in progress (two of which were the owners cars) and heavy pressure to not take the car to anyone else, because they were the only shop in town who knew what they were doing. The next shop - wow! It had been around for quite a while. The lot had several cars for sale. The office was clutter from top to bottom and smelled like stale cigars. Inside the shop revealed several (tattooed) workers (?) milling about (very little noise - and it wasn't during lunch time) or sitting on fenders, smoking. The lights were very dim due to dust and overspray. The third shop had been in business for seven years and in all appearances, could have just had their grand opening. Clean as a whistle. Uniformed workers actually working on cars. Even a large picture window into the shop area. The third shop's estimate was over $1000 higher than the previous two. When I presented the insurance guy with the estimate, I told him that I had two others which were much cheaper, but that I'd rather not turn them in, since those estimators didn't even open the hood (they weren't sure if they could close it back, and I had to drive the car forty miles back home). I also told him where those estimates were from. He said, "I completely understand. " He told me that if I had used those estimates, they would without doubt, require revisions, and would most likely end up as high or higher than the 'good' estimate. Then he wrote me a check. In truth, the shop I went with had about $500 in revisions (headlight and fog lights were cracked behind the lens, couldn't be seen until they were removed) - but that's pretty standard too.

Caveat emptor!
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 05-04-2002, 05:41 PM
svx2bu

Shop

The shop is oing to hook me up with a WRX for the week while they re-do hier work. They are owned by a Subaru dealer and want to make it right...the repeat business is good. And my former employer happens to finance 60% of thier sales lol.