Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 03-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
She'll have her first cart before the age of 5 (3 years from now). I think she's allowed to start racing em at 6. What will be interting at the challenge? How much you get to think about with that extra 8 seconds you spend on the coures?
What, all of a sudden you two have found 7.5 seconds?

So, you're going to go the cart route? You should see the Garfield clan at FedEx now - Mom,Dad, and both boys are all racing carts...

Got Battlestar's alignment set up with the 275s on today (finally!). The stock front camber bolts were only good for -1.75 degrees. The aftermarket rear bolts maxed out at -1.5 degrees. Nice thing about driving around with race tires on is that it confirmed that my rear wheel bearings are fine (the noise I was hearing was tire noise from my ES100s...you'll have to tell me how your new tires "sound")

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 03-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

7.5 seconds? Its been years since you've driven it against me. I'm good for a second to 1.5 seconds over Dave at this point but he's definately learning more than me each time out. I see he (though he doesn't think so) picks the lines I tell myself when walking to take.

Yeah, she'll be carting.

I'm just hoping we can get a degree up front and some toe out. Rear I'm thinking nothing with our tires.

The street tires you mean right? They're silent as can be. Only thing I hear is a slight droan from the left rear bearing. Best $80 tire I've ever been on. If you want 10-15k tires these are it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
What, all of a sudden you two have found 7.5 seconds?

So, you're going to go the cart route? You should see the Garfield clan at FedEx now - Mom,Dad, and both boys are all racing carts...

Got Battlestar's alignment set up with the 275s on today (finally!). The stock front camber bolts were only good for -1.75 degrees. The aftermarket rear bolts maxed out at -1.5 degrees. Nice thing about driving around with race tires on is that it confirmed that my rear wheel bearings are fine (the noise I was hearing was tire noise from my ES100s...you'll have to tell me how your new tires "sound")

-Bill
Old 04-02-2007, 03:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to 04sti
what are you guys using for a suspension setup and how did you do it???
Old 04-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sti
what are you guys using for a suspension setup and how did you do it???
SVX Koncrappy inserts up front 98ish K&B Impreza drop springs, SVX mount
Impreza front struts in the rear (grinded down the hub for them to fit) K&B Impreza drop springs, SVX mount special expensive copper spacer in there too. . Won't work on a street car unless you weigh 1000lbs less than stock. Only real issue is she's got so much braking ability up front that she dives and raises the rear outer wheel off the ground going into a turn.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:02 PM
95pologreen

Send a message via AIM to Crazypolo95
SO where does everyone one go to get new top mountes?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:30 PM

benebob, I think the rule against adding more springs is to prevent people from doing "hybrid" setups where they put on a coilover + stock leaf spring, or like some 944 people do and keep the stock torsion bar and add a coilover inplace of the shock.

Might also be around if someone did thier springs like valvesprings with an inner and outer spring on the same shaft.

regardless, you should be very safe in using a tender spring with your coilovers.