SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Factory floor mats: small stash found

True to my sv-xcessive roots, and through some exhaustive research, I was able to stumble onto a small stash of new factory floormats. Currently this Subaru dealer has access to 6 sets of beige mats and only 2 sets of the gray ones.

With all of the demand for these, there is not going to be any fair way of offering these here. I thought that the first 7 or 8 members to PM me would get the preference, but that would not be fair to those unfortunate enough not to be on the board when this was posted. I could also have hoarded the entire stash and put them on ebay and make a nice profit. (not my nature; I once bought 6 sets of gray ones and sold them at Reading for what they cost me)

This seems to be the fairest way:

Tomorrow, after double-checking my source again, I will post the name of the dealer, the parts person and the part numbers. It would then be your responsibility to contact them and arrange for payment and shipping. This way I am not forced to make choices.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 05-04-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Do you know how much they are asking for the mats?

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 05-04-2005, 05:22 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
How about we write an essay about how bad we want them

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 05-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I would say make it a draw.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
I would say make it a draw.
I'm in.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 05-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Lightbulb

I could also have hoarded the entire stash and put them on ebay and make a nice profit. (not my nature; I once bought 6 sets of gray ones and sold them at Reading for what they cost me)

Wait, John! I have a MUCH fairer way (at least for me).
Ripimoff Industries offers to buy'em all at A DOLLAR OVER INVOICE!!!
That's right - 8 sets o' mats will give you an EIGHT DOLLAR profit!
Now you can turn around & order a set o' genuine GIUGIARO decals from the other John, & have a buck left over to buy a nice lunch at Costco.
Ripimoff will then afix a genuine "Made in occupied Iraq" sticker to the mats, & sell them next year at Reading, for a humong....I mean a humanitarian mark-up with all profits going to one of my favorite off-shore charities.
So hurry & PM me the dealer's number before other pretenders in here snap'm up, & ruin'em with spilled fries, ketchup & dog drool. (Oh, the humanity!!!)

I'm sure you'll feel better now.

Ron (CEO, COO & CFO Ripimoff LTD, LLC, PA).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXer95
Do you know how much they are asking for the mats?
About $80.00 for a set of 4. Not sure about shipping costs as they are dependent on distance. Will try to get more clarification tomorrow.

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Old 05-04-2005, 08:53 PM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
About $80.00 for a set of 4. Not sure about shipping costs as they are dependent on distance. Will try to get more clarification tomorrow.
Okay, you told us about the mats, now tell us about the stash
Old 05-04-2005, 08:55 PM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mummert
I could also have hoarded the entire stash and put them on ebay and make a nice profit. (not my nature; I once bought 6 sets of gray ones and sold them at Reading for what they cost me)

Wait, John! I have a MUCH fairer way (at least for me).
Ripimoff Industries offers to buy'em all at A DOLLAR OVER INVOICE!!!
That's right - 8 sets o' mats will give you an EIGHT DOLLAR profit!
Now you can turn around & order a set o' genuine GIUGIARO decals from the other John, & have a buck left over to buy a nice lunch at Costco.
Ripimoff will then afix a genuine "Made in occupied Iraq" sticker to the mats, & sell them next year at Reading, for a humong....I mean a humanitarian mark-up with all profits going to one of my favorite off-shore charities.
So hurry & PM me the dealer's number before other pretenders in here snap'm up, & ruin'em with spilled fries, ketchup & dog drool. (Oh, the humanity!!!)

I'm sure you'll feel better now.

Ron (CEO, COO & CFO Ripimoff LTD, LLC, PA).

I can make the "Made in Occupied Iraq" sticker.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

What you have been waiting for...

Well guys, here is the information you have been waiting for. After pursuing the Subaru parts warehouses in Germany, with some help from my friends, there are none to be found and they don't expect there will be any more through their channels. That was the only country that used the LHD like ours until I remembered about buying my clear headlight protectors from Subaru Canada, which is also LHD.

Without further delay I will tell you that I arranged for Willowdale Subaru in Toronto, Ontario, (Where the main warehouse is) to have a hold put on the rest of the mats, waiting for members here to purchase.

Here are the particulars:

Willowdale Subaru
(416) 221-8876

Ask for Dan or Richard in parts, they are aware of this and expecting calls

As of this afternoon there are only 2 sets of gray floor mats, Part # SOA440B143 and 5 sets of beige ones, Part # SCI440B145 left in their system. I believe these are the last of them. They will not be sure until all of these are gone if they will be discontinued or marked obsolete. They said after these are sold they would make a test order to see if anymore would be available, though doubtful.

The price is 96.44 CAD, (plus the mandatory 15% tax of 14.46 CAD) totalling 110.90 CAD before shipping. This translates to $89.42 USD, before shipping.

Shipping is dependent upon location and distance from Toronto. Shipping by DHL to Maryland is 40.00CAD ($32.00USD) These end up being expensive, but there are few alternatives, other than Dayle's mats.

I believe they open at around 7:30am EDT tomorrow and are open until 6:00pm EDT. I wish there were more of these beauties available, but this is not the case

And so the great race begins....

Last edited by svxcess; 05-05-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Don't call now. Their parts dept is closed.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:21 AM

'Worm...

you are such a sneaky rascal...tell everybody they're closed while you swoop in ahead an score! I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you. Such deviousness!
So how much do you want for the grey?
WGJ
Old 05-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

There was just no equitable way that I could think of to offer these mats. I guess I could have waited until all the parts departments were closed on the west coast. But then members out there would have to be up at 4:30 in the morning to be able to call Willowdale Subaru.

Any suggestions on how to handle similar situations in the future? I was so excited to be able to find these mats and let you know.

Maybe some of our German members here can help out in trying to get a little more information on mat availability there.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:21 AM
antidisestablishmentarian

Send a message via AIM to Rd96SVX Send a message via MSN to Rd96SVX
canada huh?

I've never attempted ti dial out of country, is there a speacial code i need to dial first? or just (416)221.......
25,000 lb GVW Trans-Cooler
Wet-sanded "cleared" Headlights
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

"New Addition" 1992 Teal LS-L
+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 05-06-2005, 09:29 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
.... But then members out there would have to be up at 4:30 in the morning to be able to call Willowdale Subaru.....
Did that and got myself a set of gray mats. Actually the parts department opened at 5:00 am PST.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.