How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-27-2005, 01:25 AM
magickfingers

auto window feature

Any helpful hints for hopeful heroes on this feature? The manual says to just push the button a little harder but i tried that and had no luck. I'm sure it's pilot error and not something wrong with the car. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
mmm, you need either to replace the master window switches or dismantle it and see where the problem lies...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:58 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Be careful not to push too hard on the button. You may break the screw that holds the switch assembly to the underside of the door panel......I've done that to my legacy about 3 times and it's a pain to fix.

The button should kind of click as you push it in for the auto down feature to work. If no click feel, then you need new switch.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:31 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 95 doesn't have auto up. Either that or it's been switched with one that doesn't have it. On switches with no auto up there is a tab that prevents the click.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel

Last edited by michael; 03-14-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:33 AM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 95 doesn't have auto up. Either that or it's been switched with one that doesn't have it. On switches with no auto up there is a tab that prevents the click.

Auto Up was only available on the 92's. All other years were Auto Down only. Either way the feature works the same: use a little force on the switch and the window will move as long as you keep your finger on the switch. Move the switch until you feel a "click", and the window will move even after you take your finger away.

Dave
Old 04-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Blackbir2001

This is interesting. I have two '92 SVX's, both JDM. But in neither of them does the auto feature work. I have taken both door panels off and cannot see anything wrong with the switches, so I have just accepted that this is a mystery!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbir2001
This is interesting. I have two '92 SVX's, both JDM. But in neither of them does the auto feature work. I have taken both door panels off and cannot see anything wrong with the switches, so I have just accepted that this is a mystery!
It works on our car. Which is the same model and year as yours. Strange how you would have the same problem on both cars.

Phil.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:11 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I think its stops working after alot of use. My 93 also had the auto up and down feature which has never worked up untill i bought a rebuilt window switch cluster from another member. Now i have auto up and down.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 04-27-2005, 10:52 AM

Auto-up works on my driver's side, but not auto-down. No doubt the switch is simply worn.

I believe auto-up was discontinued because of injuries (or injury potential) to kids.

dcb
Old 04-27-2005, 12:00 PM

but...

what if you got a 92' button cluster for your later model year SVX...

could your non auto-up become auto up with a new switch?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
It will work with a new switch. Is the old switch loose to the touch? It may help the old switch if you also apply slight downward pressure on the back of the switch while pulling up on the front of the switch.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
yeah... i have it on my 96 but we decided that it had just been swapped from a 92. My mom was kinda pissed seeing as how she spent twice as much on her SVX and didn't have the feature... i opened hers up to see what was wrong, saw the little "notch" that prevents the button from being pulled back as far, however this is doesn't do anything. The later models are still missing a solenoid or whatever it needs.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 04-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by red95svx
Auto Up was only available on the 92's. All other years were Auto Down only. Either way the feature works the same: use a little force on the switch and the window will move as long as you keep your finger on the switch. Move the switch until you feel a "click", and the window will move even after you take your finger away.

Dave
i have auto up, auto down on my 94

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:56 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
My passenger side up or down doesn't work
Only works with using the switch for the pass. side found on the driver's side switch cluster

Anyone have a spare pass. side switch??
Old 04-28-2005, 06:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to sharky512345
mine works off and on. i have never really felt for a click so maybe i will have to check that out to figure it out for sure.