Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-04-2002, 01:48 PM

Another new SVXer

I've been hanging around this board for a few months and decided I should introduce myself. I bought my SVX as a potential replacement for my 1996 Nissan 300ZX back in September when my company warned us of potential layoffs. I also wanted something that would be more comfortable on long drives and handle the winter roads better (yes, I put lot's of miles on it and it's covered in salt and dirt right now).

I'd first seen a SVX at the Kansas City autoshow back in 1994, and I've wanted one ever since... of course, I've also wanted my BMW 2002s, my 300ZX, my two CRXs, and many other cars that I haven't owned yet... I love cars

Anyway, I saw this particular SVX advertised at a local Kia dealer for $3900. When I went to see it, the salesman told me somebody else was trying to get the money to buy it, but whoever got him the money first would have it... and then he dropped the price to $3800. He didn't know what it was and just wanted it off the lot, so I whipped out one of those credit card checks and quickly became the proud owner of a black 1992 SVX with 107,000 miles on it.

It needed an new radiator and the headliner replaced, and I still need a sunshade for the driver's side, and I'll be getting the rear bearings replaced in a few weeks. As soon as I got the radiator replaced, I also had a tranny cooler installed (the tranny was already replaced back in '97). I'm also looking at getting a set of the Koni shocks...

Now for the sad part The SVX was supposed to be my daily driver so that I could keep my 300ZX in good shape. However, on Dec 13th, my 300ZX was stolen from my apartment parking lot and found burning in a cemetery less than an hour later. Some #@%! had stolen and destroyed my car for a $360 radio. Here are some pics for the morbidly curious:

300ZX before it was stolen - 145KB

300ZX burned at the cemetery - 60KB

300ZX burned at the salvage yard - 82KB

300ZX burned interior - 129KB

Lucky for me, the insurance was enough to pay off both the 300ZX and the SVX Oh, and my company didn't lay me off either, so now I can spend my extra money on fixing up my new toy...
Old 01-04-2002, 02:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Shoden,

Sorry about the loss of your 300ZX.
Welcome to the SVX family. I have found in life that God closes a door and then opens someother kind of venue. I hope that your SVX brings you much joy.

And now a plug for the other main SVX site. It is the Yahoo SVX club. Most SVXers are members at both sites. This site is much better for solving technical problems and "hoe tos'.
IMHO the Yahoo site is better for spontaneous banter and fun.

I have to run now to put on my DuPont Certified 1,000,000,000
degree F flame suit. I just rankled some feathers here.

Larry III
Old 01-04-2002, 02:33 PM

Larry,

Thanks. I've checked out the Yahoo SVX Club site as well, but I've found this one more useful and visit here much more often. Of course, that's mainly because I've been looking for a lot of technical information the last couple of months...
Old 01-04-2002, 02:43 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Man, that really stinks. But I do hope that you enjoy many years and many miles with your SVX.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 01-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Shoden,

IMHO the Yahoo site is better for spontaneous banter and fun.

I have to run now to put on my DuPont Certified 1,000,000,000
degree F flame suit. I just rankled some feathers here.

Larry III
SMOLDERING FEATHERS!!!

Aye-Aye-Aye - SHAME, SHAME. Turn in your stripes! Just try writing an essay on Yahoo, and keep track of the replies. OK, I know - you gotta sip out of the wine box, in order to appreciate the Chateau le whatever. But, more fun??? OK - now I'll pass the whip to aredub.

PS - I've never heard of an SVX with a bad headliner. Anyone else?

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.