Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-30-2004, 05:25 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Bet no one can top this... (lil' long)

So yesterday i began getting sick so i was a little out of it. Not sick enough to miss work though, so i headed into work at 5pm. Not to mention right before that I began having some tax issues that I have to sort out. So I pull into a spot at work and put my coat on because its getting kind of chilly.
So I punch in and pick up some advile cold and sinus... works well and began feelin a little better. Not to mention that it was busy last night so my mind had no time to wonder and worry.
So one of the guys that comes in every night to buy Lotto stops in and shows me a new key he had made up. It was one of those house keys you can get that are painted with flags and designs and whatnot. So i was like "hey I have one like that." And go to my purse to get my keys. I dont see them but i could have put them down somewhere else... No big deal i'll find them later because I had a line at the customer service desk... gotta love complaining customers...
Anyways...
Ten o'clock rolls around and i'm ready to head home. looking around for my keys i realize they're not in any of the usual many places i can put them. Now im like ok that explains why i couldnt find them earlier... DUH!
I look in every place possible before i decide... ok maybe i left them in my car, i wouldnt have locked my car without the little svx security thingie. So im on my way ou to the parking lot. On my way up to my car and im like hey thats kind of weird there are little puddles under my exhaust tips... Ah im sure its nothing and continue up to the car.
I get to the handle and lift.... Awesome its open. That must mean the keys are inside. Sure enough they were in there. Not only that but the car was running to.
So apparently from the time i got to work all scatter-brained and not focusing much until the time i left FIVE HOURS LATER my car had been running.
Now of course i have to go back into work and tell everyone where i had found them and have them laugh at me... No big deal i'll brush it off and go home.
Then i sign on to the beloved SVX network to tell of my day and i finish my Looooong post and proceed to hit ctrl and the parenthesis key instead of shift and the key which apparently deleted my whole post. That sucked majorly and at that point i figured i might as well go to bed before something else happens.

Jen<-- Trying to feel better

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 03-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Hater

cold medicine will mess you up - the TheraFlu flowed like wine for me last week! i stayed of the road, though.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

I wonder how many would-be car thieves scoped out the car & said, "This must be a trap", & moved on.

Ron.

PS - Your gas mileage may REALLY vary this time.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:14 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
I had a scary moment like that too. I was half way through my psych. class, and wanted to play with the little flashlight on my key's. Went digging in my pockets to find my keys, and couldnt find them. Looked all around, went the the bathroom, and still couldnt find them.

Then I vaguely remembered getting out my car, but couldnt remember taking the keys. So i ran out to my car (probably a 1/4 mile away). Got to the door, tried the handle, and it opened. When I opened the door, the dinger went off, and I just about died.

The keys were in the ignition, but the car wasnt on. In the hustle to get all my books and stuff for class, I forgot to take them.

ALMOST as bad as yours, not quite, but close.

Imagine if someone had wanted to steal it, and found the keys in the ignition, it would be a godsend. .

Phew
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:26 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Quote:
I wonder how many would-be car thieves scoped out the car & said, "This must be a trap", & moved on.
LOL, They're probably like no one would actaully do this, The cops must have set it up.

I am so glad no one else realized it...

Jen

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 03-30-2004, 10:59 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
i had to break into my impreza yesterday
i went to my car on lunch to get something, and locked my keys in the car
couldn't find them all day checked my coat and everything finaly went out to my car thinking maybe i left them there sure enough, there they were on the passenger seat of my locked car...

so i went back inside and got a piece of bailing wire and spent 45 minutes after work breaking into my own car
Old 03-31-2004, 04:47 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: Bet no one can top this... (lil' long)

you are so lucky jen. i've seen this happen 3 times at 3 different places. a guy leaves his car on while pumping gas (yeah really bright), goes inside to pay, right after they go inside, someone jumps into their cars and drive off. sometimes the owner sees them right away and comes running out (too late). sometimes they don't see it and when they come out and ask where their car was, my reply, 'gone.'.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:08 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Hi Jen,
You have a very good attitude toward your "brain fade". I only have nightmares about doing what you have done. I would not be able to live with myself for a long time if I did that and I would have to get the SVX repainted in order for it to forgive me.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:08 AM
red95svx

I've got a good one...

I think I have a story that beats yours Jen,

A while back an old lady came into our shop with two complaints. She said her car made a horrible sound when she started it this morning, and her gas tank is leaking badly. She said her tank was almost full last night, and now it's almost empty. Well, long story short, she went shopping the night before and when she got home she forgot to shut her car off! It ran ALL NIGHT. The sound she heard the next morning was her starter grinding because the engine was already running! And, of course, her gas tank wasn't leaking, it was just low after some 12 hours of idling!

Dave
Old 03-31-2004, 07:42 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Jen,
I'm given to such moments, but, haven't quite gone THAT far.

However, I was getting off my shift at the Radio Station several years ago, when the Jock for the FM side (I was working AM - Remember AM Radio? -- I thought not. ) came rolling in LATE. He came whipping into the parking lot, jumped out of his car and started toward the station. Trouble was, his car followed him. Not only had he left the car running, he had left it in gear. I nearly peed my pants watching this bright red hair bobbing up and down (it was all I could see over the car as he chased it from the driver's side), until he got the door open and jumped inside to stop the car. Luckily, the Radio Station had a BIG yard, so, he had time to catch it before it did any damage or ran into traffic. Once he got the car stopped, and backed it up into the parking lot, he put the car in gear, turned it off, calmly got out and, as he walked by me, just kinda gave me one of those "joe-cool, 'how ya doin' nods."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-31-2004, 08:00 PM
Superbeast

Some people.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:01 PM
Superbeast

Re: I've got a good one...

Quote:
Originally posted by red95svx
I think I have a story that beats yours Jen,

A while back an old lady came into our shop with two complaints. She said her car made a horrible sound when she started it this morning, and her gas tank is leaking badly. She said her tank was almost full last night, and now it's almost empty. Well, long story short, she went shopping the night before and when she got home she forgot to shut her car off! It ran ALL NIGHT. The sound she heard the next morning was her starter grinding because the engine was already running! And, of course, her gas tank wasn't leaking, it was just low after some 12 hours of idling!

Dave

I have to know how the he77 your guys figured that one out.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:13 PM
red95svx

Re: Re: I've got a good one...

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak

I have to know how the he77 your guys figured that one out.

It was easy Suba. They scanned the ECM and came up with
code #DUH, which I believe is "excessive idling caused by brain fart"

Dave
Old 04-01-2004, 03:46 AM
Jedi Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
(I was working AM - Remember AM Radio? -- I thought not. )
Oh yeah, isn't that that thing where they talk all the time or somephin?

Jen, I developed a nice habit of living in an apartment. During the winter months of snow, I switched all my keys over to a seperate keychain with my spare on it. This way I could park, get my mail and still leave my engine running.

Of course now that my keyless entry is broken and I live in a house where they want the spare on the "car key board," I have since left the key in the ignition 7 times.

Save your hair, get a spare. Word.

~Craig
'01 Legacy Outback, White,
Old 04-01-2004, 10:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Everyone has a story

I once locked my car (always with the remote), and then dropped the keys as I was putting them in my pocket. and I didnt realize it. I did it while I was going off on a trip with some one else for a whole day, so I left it in the parking lot. when I got back, I had no keys, and I was freaking out. but everyone had remembered i locked the car, because some one mentioned the beeps it made when I did it. I didnt even bother trying to open the doors at first. I just left it there and looked everywhere we had been(that took a long time). when I got back, I tried the door, and it was open. on the drivers seat, were my keys, covered in mud (It had been raining, and I parked in a puddle). My 40+ collection of CD's sitting right there next to em.

I love honest people