IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-05-2004, 12:32 PM
TapperManor

Thanks Lee for the feedback!
Old 07-20-2004, 08:25 PM
TapperManor

Update

I cleaned the wires and corrosion and ground wire. I didn't replace anything. (except the battery)

Then I starter her up................................looked OK...........................I drove into town about 4 minutes....put the AC and radio on..................and there they were................my Xmas tree lights in July ! ! ! AAAUUUUUGGGGGGg

So I got my coffee and went to NAPA.............they still had the alternator they got in for my a week or so ago. Without a hassle he gave it to me to once again swap out. I mentioned that I had heard that that reman napa alternators have a bad reputation, like 10% to 50% Bad Out Of The Box. He (the owner) looked very surprised and denied that accusation.

I put in the alternator (3rd in 5 months) (I'm getting really good at it) --- prayed a bit....................and so far so good. I took it for a drive, put on the AC, radio, front and rear wipers, all seems OK.

I really hope this saga is over.

Now to get my Keyless to work again.

Tapper
Old 07-21-2004, 06:34 AM
red95svx

Tapper,

Glad to hear that the madness is over....for now

If there's anything I can do, let me know.

It's too bad about your keyless system. For some weird reason the 92 models had keyless/alarm systems with no memory. In 93 they upgraded these units to have a permanent memory.

I've also noticed that the instructions for reprogramming my 92 are wrong in the manual. I had to use my 95 owners manual for the correct instructions.

Dave

Last edited by red95svx; 07-21-2004 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 AM
TapperManor

Thanks Dave, at some point soom I going to remove the glove box and inspect and check the connections to the security module computer. Probably will end up orderering one from you. I have read many threads about it and also on the programming.

Tapper

PS-- I really think that I got bad NAPA alternators, but who knows for sure