SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Came here from yahoo and KC site - way too lazy to search for my first yahoo post but I was an instant switch here when this site opened up

edit - member #9 here. boo-yah.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Matt,
You WERE an early bird!! My 116 number pales by comparison!
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 03-16-2004, 08:57 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Had I found this community (Yahoo or otherwise) before I bought my car, I probably never would have done so.
But, as many of you can testify, I love my Penny and I couldn't imagine not having her.
I got into the "online world" late and managed to find the Yahoo site about two and a half years ago (is that all it's been?).
Imagine my perplexity when I jumped to this site. I was a relatively new internet user and this was all new to me.
And then I jumped in feet first to help Larry organize the 10th meet... boy was I in for a wake-up call!!! Parting out my 2nd was nothing to the emails, etc... I had to field for the 10th!!!
But I love everything and everyone having to do with this site..... it's like my 2nd family... and one I would never want to give up....
Love y'all.....

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 03-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Casper Killer

Send a message via AIM to BLKSVX92 Send a message via Yahoo to BLKSVX92
yahoo and kc site too

1992 SVX Build 4/91 SOLD TO gsodonis
2002 Civic Si SOLD
2005 Lancer Evolution VIII TRADED
2008 STi
Old 03-17-2004, 04:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Thanks Harry.
I would have never thought to look in the address bar.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 03-17-2004, 06:27 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Yahooligan!

Yay!

I was a regular poster on Yahoo! under the same name. As I have a slow connection, when they brought in the ads, I went ballistic. All day trying to read a few posts, and it's still the same [although maybe they fixed the message 40 bug!].

When this forum started, I joined up straight away. Something strange happened at the start. I joined in February as one of the very first, but my membership and early posts were lost. I am listed as #66 and joining date 10th March, when I had originally joined about 20th Feb. No big deal, but maybe Randy or Chris can remember what went wrong in the admin side at that time.

It is interesting to watch the monthly posting statistics that Yahoo! publish. Their highest figures are in the five, six months prior to this site opening. Then the ads came, everybody complained, Yahoo! didn't listen, the Network opened and their postings came down to the level of the Wham fan club.

Rubbing salt in the wound to say "I told you so", but, Hey, ads can be fun, beautiful as a flower, but unwanted ads are spam, like weeds.

The Network forever.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I'm member #73 here.

Mike, It's great to see you around again. How's life/school/cars treating you?

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-18-2004, 02:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Re: Yahooligan!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Yay!

When this forum started, I joined up straight away. Something strange happened at the start. I joined in February as one of the very first, but my membership and early posts were lost. I am listed as #66 and joining date 10th March, when I had originally joined about 20th Feb. No big deal, but maybe Randy or Chris can remember what went wrong in the admin side at that time.

Joe
Hmmm... funny thing is that I recall signing up as a member here well before when I am recorded as doing so. I remember when this site was on the horizon while at the Yahoo club... and I was looking forward to it. I thought I hopped over here right away and signed up but there was nothing going on here yet, so I stuck around Yahoo until the adds came. Then I had enough and came here again... and it was alive with activity... but I had to sign up as a member again. Thought that was kinda odd.

That KC site was great, I searched the net tirelessly to no avail on anything (basically) as far as SVX info went. Then KC popped up one day... and they seemed to really know the SVX and wanted to make aftermarket parts for it... hooray! Signed up for their little email newsletter and checked their updates frequently... always frustrated when those aftermarket parts were still, "coming soon." I never knew they had a "forum" until something on Yahoo reminded me to go back and check them out... it was all different with people posting... hmm. I was thrilled to see so many SVX owners popping up and claiming to be SVX enthusiasts... we were really growing as a community!

I love this place! It is full of great people. I'd really like to meet more of you guys (and gals). I was stunned by the character of the members here when Stephen (elninoalex) first made his own CAI, and offered to make me one when I asked him questions about it! I thought, "Wow, these guys are awesome... and incredible for an online group!" I'll always remember Randy as the nicest and quickest responding guy around... a one man welcoming committee... and a guy who ya can joke with withou getting his undies in a bunch (unless he is straining to rip them off because they are bright yellow! lol ).

On another note, is it just me, or is this place getting kinda... PC? It seems I've been seeing a lot of, "no swearing" and, "this/that is offensive." I really hate seeing that kind of stuff. I know we want everyone to feel welcome... but it makes me wonder where that kind of thing stops. I despise political correctness and would prefer people to be able to act how they like (within reason) and rely on common sense to govern themselves. Just sayin, can't we just be a little less sensitive to every little thing? I know I've been called sexist here... for saying something that I could find nothing sexist in (among many others I asked if my statement was) and it really made me feel like I wasn't as "welcome" here, or somehting.

Sorry to go off topic there. Anyways, I hope this place hangs around for a long time and I remain an active member (as well as most all of you people).

BTW, Mark, was it you that told me about Z Tech and Ken in Bloomington? I never knew there was a mini meet in Duluth (I don't recall at least)... wish I could have been there... I have met stevesby, though.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 03-18-2004, 05:19 AM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
On another note, is it just me, or is this place getting kinda... PC? It seems I've been seeing a lot of, "no swearing" and, "this/that is offensive." I really hate seeing that kind of stuff.
So are you saying that the censorship of offensive stuff is offensive?
Sorry, had to say it.

In most ways I agree with you, although I'm not sure I understand your post. If you mean by calling you sexist, the mods are pulling your posts, I understand. If you mean that people are responding to your posts by calling them sexist, are you saying that you wish that they would refrain from acting how they like or from responding in what they feel is a reasonable manner? I do worry that we are (were?) being too cautious on removing potentially offensive material, without stopping to determine if anyone actually would find it offensive.

I wish I was old enough to be a yahoo member, but this site was long since up and running by the time I got my SVX.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Alycone

I wish I was old enough to be a yahoo member, but this site was long since up and running by the time I got my SVX.
Sometime, when you have a few days , go to the top of the page and click "Message Archive." There, you'll find all of the yahoo posts up until a couple of years ago. The Yahoo club started in Aug of 98 and I joined in Aug '99, shortly after its first birthday. There's some pretty good stuff in there.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-18-2004, 07:48 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Yahooligan!

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
I am listed as #66 and joining date 10th March, when I had originally joined about 20th Feb. No big deal, but maybe Randy or Chris can remember what went wrong in the admin side at that time.

Joe

Joe,
I believe there was some difficulty caused by switching from the "Beta" version of the software to the "Full Blown" version which wiped out pretty much everything prior to Feb 21 (you'll notice that's my "join" date, but I also "joined" earlier, during the Beta tests). It not only wiped out registration, but it wiped out ALL of my earlier POSTS! I may have been at 20K by now, if not for that glitch .
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-18-2004, 07:49 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Yahooligan!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

I'll always remember Randy as the nicest and quickest responding guy around... a one man welcoming committee... and a guy who ya can joke with withou getting his undies in a bunch (unless he is straining to rip them off because they are bright yellow! lol ).

Wow. Someone actually remembers. I'm touched.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-18-2004, 01:13 PM
mark10t

Re: Re: Yahooligan!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure_Insanity8

BTW, Mark, was it you that told me about Z Tech and Ken in Bloomington? I never knew there was a mini meet in Duluth (I don't recall at least)... wish I could have been there... I have met stevesby, though.
It probably was me who told you about Kenny. He's an awesome mechanic and I tell anybody who needs a good mechanic about him- especially Subaru fans. He was able to diagnose a frustrating problem I had not been able resolve on my own with my wife's '95 Outback and even the dealer mechanics couldn't figure it out (and still wanted to charge me for the unfulfilled diagnosis!). Unfortunately, Z-Tech is in SW Bloomington and I'm now living up in Chisago City, so he's almost 60 miles away- not very convenient now.

I was glad to see your name again- I haven't seen a reference to you in a while.

Keep in touch.

-Mark
Old 03-18-2004, 02:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by Alycone

So are you saying that the censorship of offensive stuff is offensive?
Sorry, had to say it.

In most ways I agree with you, although I'm not sure I understand your post. If you mean by calling you sexist, the mods are pulling your posts, I understand. If you mean that people are responding to your posts by calling them sexist, are you saying that you wish that they would refrain from acting how they like or from responding in what they feel is a reasonable manner? I do worry that we are (were?) being too cautious on removing potentially offensive material, without stopping to determine if anyone actually would find it offensive.

Haha... yeah, I'm offended by censorship of offensive material! lol Nah, mods never pulled anything or sent me a PM. Another member called me that... and it just wasn't cool since I felt they jumped the gun and somehow misread my post (even though I could see no way to derive sexism from it). I just think people can be to quick to get angry and respond negatively, instead of reading thoroughly and keeping a level head.

Personally, I kind of like some offensive material... just shows peoples' true colors and give a better sense of the diverse crowd you are corresponding with. I don't know, that's just me. It is just the angry banter that makes no sense, that putting a stop to can be appropriate.

You are lucky to have had this network as soon as you went looking. Although, it was pretty cool watching this develope.

Old 03-18-2004, 02:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: Yahooligan!

Quote:
Originally posted by mark10t

It probably was me who told you about Kenny. He's an awesome mechanic and I tell anybody who needs a good mechanic about him- especially Subaru fans. He was able to diagnose a frustrating problem I had not been able resolve on my own with my wife's '95 Outback and even the dealer mechanics couldn't figure it out (and still wanted to charge me for the unfulfilled diagnosis!). Unfortunately, Z-Tech is in SW Bloomington and I'm now living up in Chisago City, so he's almost 60 miles away- not very convenient now.

I was glad to see your name again- I haven't seen a reference to you in a while.

Keep in touch.

-Mark
I still bring the SVX there... and other cars now. Actually added them to the network's "SVX shop search. Kinda nice that my, "while not at school" home, is about 2 miles away from them. I'm still around here, just not too popular around here... but hey, I post (over 760)